main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Poll - Moderator Conduct

Discussion in 'Communications' started by NathanDahlin, Nov 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Like me.

I dont need no supervision.

2. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    b0k b0k b0k b0k b0k

3. keiran_helcyan

keiran_helcyan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 1999
    Is PreacherBoy's behavior unacceptable for a moderator of his position?

Yes.

"If so, does this behavior warrant a demotion from his current position?"

Probably not.

I've personally (as far as I can rememeber) have never had an encounter with the wrath of PreacherBoy, but I have watched his actions for a while now. PB has been a little unfriendly to members, but that's not my main problem with his actions; heck Chyren did the same thing accelerated. Instead I don't like the way PB deals with people who agree/disagree with him. Take this thread for example. Those members that generally disagree with PB are viewed as having inadequate opinions, and PB will often defensively respond by attacking that person's character. Meanwhile if someone agrees with PB, suddenly they're a "good member" who PB has always loved. And he does seem to imply spankings to any member who questions his actions as a moderator. In conclusion I'm not sure if he should be demoted (that's a mods decision, not mine) but I do think PB should re-examin his diplomatic finesse.

4. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    >>You really start to wonder why 50% of the people that have a problem with me are the people that have had to deal with the Administration more than once. <<

Aren't YOU Yourself having to Deal with Administration NOW??? (With NathanDahlin, and Other colored named people I am seeing)

You can say you are getting misunderstood, so can I!

I can when I was banned, or criticized...
    because I can say the mod Does not know me, thus misinterpret my doings.

>>I'll do my best to talk to most of you that have stated any sort of negative feelings about my abilities, if I have not already. Some of you, however, won't be getting talked to at all. You know who you are and if you don't know why, I've probably already told you that you are an unreasonable person [for thinking that a link to a site like Rotten is acceptable on the JC]. <<

I do NOT care what you think about ME!!!

Though things we expect from you, as Knowledge said

1.) Abide by the rules that were set forth for every member in the JC.

2.) Treat others with respect.

... IT Does not affect ME personally at all, cuz like I SAID, I do not want you gone or demoted, unlike you "want ME to leave forever"....

It Affect everybody here, that said YES to either questions!!!

5. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    Well, I have real mixed feelings about ol' PB.

I hate the fact that he used to let LC mod under his name and password. I hate the way he talks down to JediMaster22. I detest the guy's ego.

That all being said... he's always been real cool to me. The one time he was "mean" to me, I crossed a line that probably warranted it. He's always helped me with computer advice and I've noticed PB be a lot more friendly and actve at the JC lately. And, really, this board probably couldn't run without him. Despite my petty qualms, I think I like him where he is. He seems to mean well, which is all I ever ask for in anyone.

6. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    im sure this board ran without him before, it could run without him again

but, without the countless threads in comm about his tactless ways of handling people board-wide

EDIT** oh, so sorry PBoy, i wasnt aware that you were a mod since your first day here. I apologize [face_plain]

7. PreacherBoy

PreacherBoy Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 3, 1998
    Emuboy- I'm not too proud of the LC thing either. Not one part of it. Sorry.

JM22- No. For the most part, we all reached the same conclusion; posting this thread was a horrible mistake. We are a united front.

PTH- I think that there were OTHER things WRONG with his POST. Sometimes you have to LOOK PAST the PUNCTUATION [which need some work] and SPELLING. GEEZ I feel awful POSTING like THIS. It makes ME feel LIKE I'm YELLING.

M_JW- These forums as we know it have not existed without me.

8. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm really not a fan of this all being public. I'm also not a fan of having this thrown out there and 9 pages later, it's just a crabfest with no one who has 'authority', I'm not even sure who that is at this point, saying anything. Was this thread intended to guage posters opinion? Then it's been given. Even if PBoy has been wrong, this thread is not constructive.

9. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    This thread has become a joke. Hell, it was from the start. How could anyone think that a mod would get a fair and unbiased debate in here? Everyone complaining does so with an agenda. Either they were banned, ro their friend was banned and they're pissed. That is why matters like this should never be left up to the membership. We can't make a logical choice, there's too much emotion involved.

It also sets a nasty damned precedent. IF this suceeds with PB who's next? Who;s the next mod to become a target. It could happen. What's to stop a group from getting together and plotting a campaign against another mod. Baiting him, allowing themselves to be baited, and complaining.

This thread represents a very big step backward for tis board.

10. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Happy ThanksGiving, People!!!

11. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    What is wrong with members weighing in on a subject? The decision is not ours to make- it's just input...

AA and PB have had plenty of opportunity to defend PB from any false charges, as well. This thread was not posted out of the blue after one banned person complained about PB. If you've read the threads mentioned in here, it's obvious that the members feelings about PB needed to at least be addressed.

As I mentioned before, I haven't had enough interaction with him to vote on whether he should be demoted or not. I have no agenda. I do think mods should be accountable for their actions, though, and I think this thread is a step in the right direction, regardless of the outcome.

12. Master_JoshuaWindu

Master_JoshuaWindu Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2001
    i for one, have had no friends on here banned by PBoy, i have not been banned at all, much less had a run-in with PBoy

but, ive witnessed his dealings. Nathan asked for a poll, it may have been a little premature, and i agree it should be kept within the confines of the ModSquad.

Though, Nathan had the guts to actually ask members what they thought. those members told what they thought, and what should be done. Granted, this has turned into a bash PBoy thread, he isnt really helping his situation.

And, starting a crusade against another mod? Making another mod a target? Please, lets not get carried away with ourselves here. This is a matter, that has come up several times since i registered waaaay back in April. No other mods, to speak, have had the numerous problems with posters here, and at other boards like PBoy.

So, in conclusion, take this into the ModSquad, though asking us our opinion was nice, it really wont make a difference in the long run. The mods will make the decision on the PBoy's future as a mod...

13. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    What did you edit, PB?

14. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Fixed your color.

15. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Hmmmm. that's funny, I did at the same time!!! :eek: :eek:

16. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Yeah but you forgot the all important "/" in the end of your closing color brackets.

17. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    M_JW-

"Immature" not "premature". [face_plain]

Since you are quite the expert on my past, being here for 7-8 months, maybe you can answer a few questions:
    • When was I promoted to the rank "Administrator"?
    • Who promoted me?
    • Why did they promote me?
    • What was my assignment?
    • How many pages was the document that was the first major complaint against me?
    • Did the whole Administration back me on the issue when Zoro overreacted and demoted me then?
    • Who wrote that document?
    • What was the "evidence" in this document majorily comprised of?
    • Who is the S.C.?
    • How many times have I been demoted?
    • How many times have I been threatened to be demoted without any sort of discussion with the rest of the Administration?

Take your time. Anyone can participate; should be quite fun and we all might learn something.

18. Pyrus

Pyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    • Who is the S.C.¿

You are!

edit: Picky, picky, for someone who is the SC you could learn a bit about slacking. :p

19. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    in the future, rather than a public forum, a different idea might be a post telling people who have concerns either way to PM nathan or another mod, where those posts can be discused in the ModSquad. while i think that the idea behind this thread wasn't meant to be harmful, the thread itself has become that, seeing as in general we have little to no control over our threads.

also, please keep in mind that when opinions are asked for, generally the ones with strong responses (and generally the ones with negative responses) are most likely to respond. so this thread (or a call for PMs) will not get a fair cross-section of the JC population.

20. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    We've got our first answer! It is...

CORRECT

For continuity's sake, I would love it if you learned the [ ul ][ li ][/ li ][/ ul ] syntax demonstrated in the markedup codes to list/quote my questions.

21. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    MaidenLumpé- I think the best suggestion has already been given by a few mods: If you have a problem with someone personally, take it up with them personally, and then decide if it is appropriate to go to the other Admins about it. Best way to handle things, me thinks.

22. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    i totally agree with that. i'm just saying that if it's considered necessary to get input from the general community of the JC(preferably by a majority of the mod squad, so that it's not abused), that it shouldn't happen in public thread as was attempted here.

23. PreacherBoy

Aug 3, 1998
    Very few people feel the same way about this thread, very few.

I don't seem to remember you doing anything of the sort, of coming to me about your concerns about how I act. The *only* private conversation dealt with you trying to justify posting a link to Rotten.

24. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    He should be demoted 'cause I can't ever read his freaking "hacker speak" or whatever you call it. Typing in weird code that other people can't understand is totally uncalled for. At least I finally figured out "b33r"; that's an important word.

Seriously...never had a problem with PB.

This thread = [face_plain]

25. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    The members have asked for a long time for the opportunity to present their issues and concerns regarding certain topics to the mods collectively publicly before decisions are made by the mods. Nathan has provided the membership with this opportunity. His consideration of our input is greatly appreciated. Sometimes public forums are the only way for all to feel they are included in the issues on the table as participating members and for all to see and understand the different points of view. The mods will have their own private discussion of the issue and make their decision in due course. No one can say they did not have the opportunity to be heard publicly or privately by PM. Nathan has always remained available to all members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.