main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.7%
  2. Cassian Andor

13.8%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.0%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.1%
  6. K-2SO

19.8%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.5%
  8. Saw Gerrera

2.9%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

11.2%
  1. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Not sure about that, he seemed a little over the top in a few instances to be honest.

But it's not so much of a "did not act well" thing, as it is that it might a 100% personal thing, where his expressions, his voice, his "vibe" just bother me. I don't have anything bad to say for the dude, he was just my least favorite entity in the movie.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    Chirrut is still my favorite.

but really all of the main characters are great. Really excited Cassian is getting his own series, I imagine we’ll see K-2SO as well. Maybe Raddus and Mothma too.

Dagobahsystem, Sarge and Bor Mullet like this.
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Both Cassian and Jyn are very earnest characters. Very straightfaced and serious all the way through. Doing the Clint Eastwood style of acting where you know there is emotions bubbling inside they are trying hard to not let surface.

It's up to the other characters to do the more dynamic emoting

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. I think this is a case of genre fans simply expecting more genre-style acting, which is a bit “bigger.” More over the top. Exaggerated. I don’t blame them, as that’s generally been the Star Wars style (apart from some wooden performances in the PT). But as RO sought to be much different, stylistically, than all other SW films, that more naturalistic acting style seemed to fit the film well.

Sarge likes this.
  5. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    K-2S0.

Alan Tudyk just perfectly delivers his lines so that he still seems robotic while also a character, and just the way he delivers his last lines with that kind of half-broken, half-stoic voice.

Plus, I'm still traumatized by Wash's death in Serenity, so invoking that to launch us into the "everyone dies" part of the story was a stroke of genius on their part.

Sarge, TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  7. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    At least your boy got some good screen time - Mine I had to watch at least 40 times in slow mo [face_hypnotized] (time well spent) to find! Grrrr

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    We’re so distracted these days that nobody saw fit to question the existence of tiny action figure-sized Star Wars books.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Stanton (the Raddus actor) posted this on his Twitter with "Reading up on the enemy".

TCF-1138 and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    "Tarkin, you magnificent *******, I read your book!"

11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    You win the thread.

El_Machete12 and Sarge like this.
  12. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  13. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I just voted, and I was surprised to see that Saw Gerrera only received ten votes, including mine. There is quite a lot of competition on that list.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    That’s one of the “problems” with RO; so many great characters.

15. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Darth Vader and Krennic

I unfortunately could not connect with any of the new characters. I just didn't feel attached enough to any of them by the end of the film to really care that they were going to be gone. Luckily I am in the minority here, and it appears many people enjoyed them!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  16. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    I agree. I feel like we were never given an opportunity to connect with so many new characters. It is still a great film. Third on my list.

17. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Due to technical difficulties, I was unable to respond sooner, and I wanted to.

Very presumptuous, in fact I do not expect more exaggerated acting, I like the opposite better. That's why Diego Luna's performance was my least favorite in Rogue One. Because most of the other main characters were more subtle in my opinion, with the exception of Krennic of course and perhaps Saw Guerrera. I would hardly say his performance is naturalistic. Maybe in other movies, but in this movie he seems to be overreacting quite often. And I understand it is meant to evoke emotion, which is fine, I just don't prefer it. I liked Jyn Erso's subtle style much bettter.

18. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Tam Posla! :cool:

Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I bet we see him in either the Mando or Cassian show. Or both!

20. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hopefully! Tam Posla is a perfect example of how (imo) RO nailed the aesthetic of the OT and the ST (whilst pretty good in most areas) didn't. I mean the Guavian Death Gang members are basically the same design and don't look half as good [face_dunno]The PT missed it completely...

Bor Mullet likes this.
  21. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    I like Anakin/Vader the most because of the prequels, but from RO alone my favorite is Tarkin. His radical decision to destroy Scarif caught me by surprise. And it was executed to perfection, destroying the top of the Citadel Tower first. If Tarkin arrived like two minutes earlier, there would be no OT lol.

Now that I think about it, Krennic and Vader actually made the same type of decision, except Vader is much more powerful so the result feels a lot different.

Upon discovering that there was unauthorized access to the data vaults, Krennic could have ordered his men to burn the tower from the bottom up and blast the antenna at the top. However, that leads to some problems. There's probably no time to organize all his troops to evacuate the tower without alarming the rebels. There's other important data kept in the tower. And the death star plan itself, there's probably a reason they still keep it even though the death star has already been built (probably useful during maintenance, or if they ever decide to build a second one). Tarkin chose to protect the death star at all costs, sacrificing the entire Scarif to reduce the risk of the rebels getting a hold of the plans. Krennic took the risk in order to avoid these sacrifices.

Vader knew which ship had the plans and already had that ship disabled. He could have simply blasted at the ship and destroy the plans with it, but he chose to board the ship instead. He took the risk of the rebels escaping with the plans, in order for a chance to take back the plans intact.

22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Gotta say, looking at the polls, I feel kinda bad for Baze.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I loved Baze.

24. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    I loved them all. Not a sub standard character among them.

25. Sephiroth1335

Sephiroth1335 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2019
    Uuhhhhh Cassian!

I guess why not from my point of view.

Bor Mullet likes this.