main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Rogue One Poll: Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Ricardo Funes, Jan 24, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite character of Rogue One?

1. Jyn Erso

16.6%
  2. Cassian Andor

14.3%
  3. Orson Krennic

9.2%
  4. Chirrut Îmwe

18.4%
  5. Baze Malbus

1.2%
  6. K-2SO

19.1%
  7. Bodhi Rook

3.7%
  8. Saw Gerrera

3.0%
  9. Admiral Raddus

3.7%
  10. Darth Vader

10.8%
  1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Favorite is stil Jyn Erso. She is more of Rey than Rey is. I don't hate the character of Rey, of course. I'm neutral or indifferent. Jyn is just great. She went through development, and she found her courage. She had a reason to hate the Rebels more than the Empire, and yet she realized that the Empire's weapon must be obliterated.

2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 8

May 18, 2017
    As a huge Vader fan, I really enjoyed the Vader scenes. Sure they were a bit fan servicey, but in a good way. The Vader bacta tank was both cool and sad. Love how he appeared first as a silhouette, worthy of his iconic status. I like how he actually showed restraint in contrast to Krennic. We saw the cerebral side of him in his talk with Krennic.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  3. themoth

themoth Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Honestly, outside of TESB, RO is it in term of big screen Vader. The huge silhouette on the wall as he walks towards Krennic is theatrical to the extreme, showing how he is a larger than life character and extremely intimidating.

4. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    My favourite character is the Imperial Officer who sounds like he is from my neck of the woods here in Lancashire. He's the one present when the Death Star fires on Jedha City who says

"Commence primary ignition"

He sounds as if he is from Bolton or somewhere like that. It's so funny to hear him on the Death Star of all places. lol

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. BRE

BRE Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    Chirrut, I loved his use of the Force and his portrayal in general. I liked Cassian Andor, not sure if enough to be that enthusiastic about him having his own series, but in the film he was good. I also liked Saw Gerrera and Krennic.

The Vader cameo was, of course, the highlight but as others have mentioned, he's a returning character more than a new one.

6. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    Jyn Erso/Felicity Jones is so adorable while at the same time being a likable bad-ass character. Rey on the other hand has this mean-spirited aura about her which is not very likable at all.

7. JeanNo

JeanNo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Chirrut Îmwe: what a great character! He just stole the show IMO.
    His faith in the Force is truely moving, really.

Sarge likes this.
  8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2016
    As a huge Vader fan, obviously his scenes where a big highlight for me in a movie full of characters. Chirrut, Saw Gerrera and Galen Erso were really interesting to me (basically all the leads had something appealing about them) but I've recently found myself quite obsessed with Rogue One because of one specific: Tarkin, and his relationship with my favorite new character from the movie, Krennic. The tension and complexities of their collaboration were fantastic, and the incredible job I found both the animation team and Guy Henry did to bring the Grand Moff to the big screen once again was no doubt exhausting, but also full of love towards the franchise. It was great acting and animation, and also great writing of the character. It was such a joy to see Tarkin back in a prominent role in a Star Wars movie, to this day I find myself happy about it.

When one manages to introduce or deepen so many characters that one would really would like to know more about, like Romodi, Draven, Raddus, Erso´s scientists, Bor Gullet, etc, its seems safe to say that the movie made a conscious effort to expand the lore and bring us a deeper, more complex galaxy, and that's most appreciated...

BRE, Jarrus and Bor Mullet like this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with Saw Guererra. Mostly for the TCW to live action transfer. But I really would've voted for either Mon Mothma or Tarkin if they were on the list. It was great to see Bail Organa too, but he didn't do enough for me to justify voting for him.

StardustSoldier likes this.
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm going with Two Tubes.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Vader was great, but James Earl Jones' age definitely shows with the voice performance. However, with Rogue One depicting Vader coming fresh out of his Bacta Tank, it could be easily explained in-universe that this affects his breathing and voice temporarily following each treatment.

My two favourite characters are probably Cassian Andor and K-2SO. I wouldn't normally vote for characters "from the ranks" (e.g. Finn and Poe) but I do like Cassian's "Mexican Revolutionary" vibe that comes from the casting of Luna, and his morally ambiguous methods.

I like K-2SO because of his sarcasm and voice intonation. His dialogue line delivery is just hilarious, Tudyk does a great job.

His best lines

"You did, but I thought it was boring, and you needed help"
    <BOOM> "You're right, I should just wait on the ship"
    "Quiet! And there's another one if you mouth off again!" (look at Diego Luna here desperately trying to cover a grin with his hand)
    "Not me. I can survive in space"
    "I'm sure there's one (a map) just lying around"

Cassian's repeated annoyance with him is also funny.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Which one? Edrio or Benthic? ;)

MotivateR5D4 and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Whichever one was the leader of the gang of mercenaries that took Bodhi in.

Darth Chuck Norris likes this.
  14. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Krennic is my favourite imperial ever!

The clothing was awesome but wish we saw more of him.. Some one who actually stood up to Tarkin and didn't back down.

15. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Really close ballot between Chirrut and Jyn. Both likeable and my favorites. Chirrut for his candid remarks and Force sensitivity with humor, Jyn for her brash, cute but hardcore demeanor. The rest of the characters all stand put in their own way. I enjoyed each one evenly. The movie still holds up all these years. I'm looking forward to the Cassian Andor series.

16. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    A shame Baze has gotten the least amount of votes. Might not be the most complex character but I like his cynical and blunt personality. His small journey of coming back to believing in the Force through Chirrut's death was also quite touching.

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Feige's #1 Fan and Ryan Church Aficionado star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    I’ve come around to considering him one of my favorites.

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 ST/Anthology/Fan Films Manager and Ewok Enthusiast star 5 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Baze and Chirrut as a team are my favorites.

EHT , Bor Mullet, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  19. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  20. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    I voted for Cassian followed closely by Jyn and K2

Chancellor Yoda likes this.