main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Ponder the Question" Marvel's 'What If...?' [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Mar 13, 2019.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Vision/Ultron is the finale I believe...

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Ooof. There go the tears.

3. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I believe there were images of Gamora becoming Thanos ( at least wearing his armour/weapon) out there. Also somewhere i red there is Thor-centric episode !

ArtemusGordon likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    So... maybe an adaptation of the Infinity universe where she uses the Soul Stone to fold the universe in half and merge the heroes, rather than just snapping half the universe population out of existance?

5. nilzo antonio

Dec 31, 2015
    This

Loki and The Collector were true, so

6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    That was the Infinity Warps event...which brought one terrific character into being, Soldier Supreme. I’d love to see that Stephen Strange/Steven Rogers in a What If...? But please no Arach Knight.

Yes, there is a Thor episode in this season.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  7. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    And it’s Killmonger’s
    Wakanda
    in this week’s episode.

Looking forward to this one.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Some spoilers bits of
    multiverse Avengers

[face_laugh] Oh man, Strange Supreme with Party Thor? [face_laugh] I think every multiverse is in trouble if those two are on a team together....:p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  9. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    This looks stark-howling barmy in the best possible way.

10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Killmonger episode Trailer below

(I Iike where they are going with this...)

11. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Did mine eyes just behold
    a Loki tie-in?!? That was a TVA monitor, right?

Barriss_Coffee and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I know I crap on the MCU a great deal. But someone convinced me to watch this show and I really did enjoy the Mister Strange episode.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Interesting that Tony doesn’t look like RDJ in this episode, but sort of does in the earlier ones.
    The screen they type the synopsis on? If so, they’ve used that for a few episodes now. It certainly makes sense, especially since the branches on the Sacred Timeline match those that on the TVA screens in Loki and the keystrokes sound like they were input using a clunky, older mechanical keyboard. Great catch!

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That was neat.

Basically just Killmonger being a evil badass. Turned Tony a bit dark too, bad influence! Eric succeeded at his master plan without anyone figuring out he's evil (basically), although I thought he'd take vengeance upon the King for killing his father. But maybe he was telling the truth that his father died in gang violence as opposed to "finding my daddy with panther claws in his chest!"

But yah totes evil. That's why he's called Killmonger. I do wonder how he's strong enough to throw a missile bare handed without the blue heart-shaped herb but I can let it slide.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    This one definitely ended on a sequel moment, which I hope we get. I think that was the best aspect about it except for:

Ramona as the Dora Milage general, right on!

Appreciated Chad’s moment here: it was beautifully done, but so sad.

I’d like to see Shuri, Pepper, Ramona and the Dora Milage make things right.

Nice to hear Michael B. Jordan again, so Eric got what he wanted...hmmm...it would be nice to see T’Challa’s words come back to bite Killmonger in the rump.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. nilzo antonio

Dec 31, 2015
    Did not like at all this episode. It may look frivolous, but once Pepper started talking, the voice actress (Beth Hoyt) took me off completely. The guy who made Tony's voice wasn't impressive either.
    Other thing
    at that point shouldn't T'Chaka still be the Black Panther instead of T'Challa?

17. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Really liking this show.

So whose battlefield shields are better Gungans or Wakandans?

Sarge and nilzo antonio like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    that bugged me too, any way the King could have handed over the title of Black Panther and still remain King? I guess that's what happened.

I actually thought Pepper was voiced by Gweneth Paltrow so I totally fell for it.

nilzo antonio and Master_Lok like this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    My typos were fierce this morning.
    Dora Milaje!

Good call on T’Chaka and the sovereignty everyone.

This is another one I’ll probably skip revisiting, despite wanting to see more of this Ramona and my enjoyment of the ancestral plane warning.

As far as voices, I was fine, but this animation team seems to have the Jason/Joe Gatchaman problem in that they never draw Tony the same way in each episode he appears in. I kind of get that he isn’t as fit here as he is when he becomes Iron Man, that’s jarring to me.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    this one goes in the bin with the shield/dead avengers episode. all of the others have been brilliant, though.

Master_Lok likes this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I haven’t like all of these equally either. But I think the quality level is consistent across all the episodes. It’s much more a matter of personal taste which ones stand out and which ones don’t.

I also am curious to see how I feel about some of these later on a rewatch. My appreciation for this series might evolve with repeat viewing.

22. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I've enjoyed most of them well enough, but the only one I've felt compelled to actually rewatch so far has been the Doctor Strange episode (I've seen it twice over, and will definitely watch it again at some point between now and the release of In the Multiverse of Madness). I'm admittedly coming at that one with a bit of a bias, in that Doctor Strange is perhaps my favorite (at the very least, my most read) comic character, but that's also the episode that I just felt really excelled most at telling a complete, emotional story with a beginning, middle, and end with its runtime. I know Doctor Strange Supreme is due to return in whatever the season ending crossover event is, but honestly, I'd be perfectly happy to leave his tragic story as a closed book at the end of that episode. The T'Challa Star-Lord episode probably comes in second for me, and today's Tony Stark/Killmonger episode and the Murder Mystery one would tie for third I guess (though today's really only felt like half a story that should have gone on longer). The Captain Carter one was OK, but it strayed too closely to the original film's plot for my liking, and I thought the Zombie one was kind of a mess and its tone was all over the place.

I do think the show's animation is pretty wonky across the board, though. Technology, some superhero costumes, and magic stuff tends to look great. Human facial expressions, though? Not so much.

I would absolutely LOVE to get an animated Doctor Strange film of the quality of Into the Spider-Verse that relishes in bringing Steve Ditko's art psychedelic art style to life on screen.

Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    The latest episode didn't really do much for me. I mean I haven't seen the original Iron Man in years, so of course my immediate question was wondering who/what/when/where/why/how Killmonger, who of course is a major character in Black Panther (a film that was released a decade after Iron Man) just happens to be at the right place at the right time in this alternate universe to save Tony.

So instead of the Iron Man suit, Killmonger thinks up a Gundam robot. Ok. Guess the fault would lie on him for unoriginality. Tony's already been killed twice in two separate episodes. Is anyone else sensing a pattern? Maybe the fact that his fate is sealed from Endgame ties in with what happens in these alt universes somehow. The Wakandans seemed a little too naïve/gullible as Killmonger convinced them to open the shield and take on the robot drones. The only thing I particularly liked was the ending, with Shuri teaming up with Pepper. Who knows? Maybe that would lead to developing a new Iron Man suit for Pepper to take on Killmonger in a future episode.

Master_Lok likes this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ OMG Yes! Yes, please! That would be so amazing. I would love to see more Marvel characters get the Into the Spider-Verse level of animation. Now I want that Strange-Verse animated film

Agree about the Strange episode, watched it 3x (He’s among my favorite Marvel comic characters, and I absolutely adore Cumberbatch as Stephen. May he stick around in the MCU after DS2.)

Of the episodes so far, Strange and T’Challa as Star-Lord are the two I’ll revisit. I do like the concept and think the character animation will improve going forward.

25. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Dr. Strange is also my favorite comic character. I think they've done him justice in every outing so far.

It's an inside joke. Michael B. Jordan is a HUGE fan of anime, to the point that even his costume is an intentional homage:

[​IMG]

Side note. I think this episode confirms my theory that

in Iron Man 2, Tony creates synthetic vibranium as the new core for the arc reactor powering his suit. Howard Stark was able to figure out the atomic model, but didn't have the means with which to create it.

EDIT:

I knew
    Klaue was a dead man the minute he called Killmonger "boy." If you know, you know.