main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Ponder the Question" Marvel's 'What If...?' [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's interesting that of course there's a special Gamora What If? Funko Pop that was released well before this season finale.

[​IMG]

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ Whoops. If you want one, I suppose now is the time to buy.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  3. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I think they're going to release the Gamora and Tony Stark episode next season. It appears that it will be their version of Thor Ragnarok. I haven't read the comic, but there is a story in which Gamora and Tony are in an imitate relationship, which seems odd for the MCU.

There's a lot to analyze about this final episode. I think it had just the right mixture of darkness and humor. I really liked Peggy and Nat's interactions. It was interesting to see Ultron get more frustrated. While still depraved as hell, I did find him more amusing in this episode. I gotta say I was relieved that this story also showed a resolution for Star-Lord T'Challa's episode. That thing with Ego made me concerned.

I was teary during Peggy's convo with the Watcher, too. Personally, I think the Watcher is pretty relatable, and since I'm familiar with Uatu from the comics, I understand him. I also thought he was funny when he told Strange, "Yep. I picked them." I like how he's picked up slang and casual language from watching so many universes.

4. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm the opposite on Uatu. I would've preferred if he didn't get bogged down with comedic banter like so many MCU characters do these days.

5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I revisited the finale and liked it better the second time. Certainly a fun team to watch
    so bummed T’Challa’s Star-Lord won’t be around anymore.

Loved that Strange Supreme got to do the magic thing again and was so vital. His toast was pretty funny. Really hope we see him again. Ditto, Zola.

A little musician cue I found interesting: just before Strange binds Killmonger and Zola Ultron into the pocket dimension gem, the music reminded me of Raiders of the Lost Ark before it followed into Strange’s heroic theme from the first DS film.

Anyway, I love the animation, two characters, and like CC, along with some of the ideas.

Utau’s
    humor reminded me of Sun Tzu in my favorite episode of the Black Dynamite animated series so I appreciated that. Black Dynamite’s sass and slang wore off on Sun Tzu and it was hilarious.

@Ghost
    I cannot answer your bigger question about Utau, but in the comics there was more than one Watcher. I wonder if Utau’s brethren will show up in future seasons of What If...?

6. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    RIP, Chadwick Boseman, for sure. I'm so glad I saw and heard him in the MCU, as well as in the movies 42 and 21 Bridges.

7. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Missing What If episode? Did the BBC do that like they did with some of the early Doctor Who serials? :p

Juliet316 and darkspine10 like this.
  8. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    I've been watching these guys for a while now (since the lead up to The Force Awakens) across multiple channels. Glad they finally struck out on their own. I enjoyed thwir take on the finale of What It Is It? (It's just some crazy fun ya'll.)

9. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I'll be sure to watch that this weekend. I'm actually watching all the episodes with my friend in town who hasn't seen them yet.

Bilbo Fett likes this.
  10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Meh. I’ll wait for the inevitable exclusive “Why If?” Gamora

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I see no lies here
    [​IMG]

I mean, my guy straight-up tanked the full power of the assembled Infinity Stones.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll still take my chances with CC by my side.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    QFT!

I think what I love most about this incarnation
    is that he strives to do the right thing now (after royally destroying the universe). Okay the monster power ups are fun too.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Strange Supreme and Captain Carter definitely have the best potential to return.

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    CC will, but it would be wonderful if Strange Supreme does too. I suppose this might depend on
    what happens in Spider-Man No Way Home & Doctor Strange The Multiverse of Madness

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Strange already has his own LA movie to look forward to. I'm just looking forward to seeing CC's future adventures in the next season.

I actually did a rewatch of the season finale after watching Captain America & The Winter Soldier today.

I only wanted to watch it to see Peggy's brief scenes; especially with the one Rogers visiting her in practically her death bed. It's interesting that
    the timeframe where The Watcher pulls CC from just so happens to be the one where "our" Peggy Carter is dying. Maybe that could be a suggestion that if it is "her" Steve in the Hydra-Stomper, he'd be the one who's dying.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  17. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    :p I want as much MCU Doctor Strange as possible. Watching him perform magical throw downs are my absolute favorite MCU bits to date. As much as I love Bucky/WS, I’ve been a Strange (and Moon Knight) fan for close to 30 years. Benedict is sssooooooo good. Plus, I need Strange to bust Moon Knight’s chops at least once (If they make a Dark Avengers/Midnight Sons with Strange Supreme, Moon Knight and Blade, I will utterly explode.):p

Ahem…right. Back on topic: in the What If…? multiverse, if anyone understands Peggy’s pining for her lost love, Strange Supreme does.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    This has been Marvel's best TV series to date by miles.

19. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I get that of course; but Strange Supreme went to extra lengths to get what he ultimately could not. Of course Peggy wants her "happy ending", but she's still good natured and would not be willing to put lives on the line for selfish reasons.

Jedi Merkurian , Master_Lok and Sarge like this.
  20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    True. She’s seen war so she understands selflessness. In every case in the MCU, Stephen ultimately had to destroy himself in some way to come to that same selflessness. This way cost him far more, but he’s willing to atone for it. He recognizes and sympathizes with her pain. I liked how he recreated
    the pub
    for Peggy. Though he’s sequestered himself at
    the behest of Utau
    , he’d probably heed Peggy’s call.

Italics: Hey…wow…that sounds like Strange speak! :p

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Two ways invovling Strange Supreme
    where things can go horribly wrong, if the What If..? writers choose to go that route:

1. If the Stones can destroy the multiverse, eventually it's going to occur to him that he could use them re-create one universe...
    2. He's cosmically powerful, immortal, and also a human utterly alone in the remains of his universe. Eventually, he's gonna get...bored....

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    =D=[face_laugh]=D= Yeah, a
    bored
    Strange Supreme can be a problem; especially since
    he’s the most powerful being in that universe and definitely outclasses the rest of the guardians.

I do hope we get at least two light hearted episodes in season 2 of What If…?

23. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I thought it was a great finale and really cemented the whole season for me. Loved how they connected all the episodes!

24. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I'd say the final two episodes are tied as my favorites. For second place, I liked the Captain Carter and Star-Lord T'Challa episodes. The others fall somewhere in the middle with the Zombie episode as my least favorite, although I liked its ending.

This guy makes some good videos. This is madness, but it's pretty close to what a comic book writer would come up with. In short, the situation would get more out of control.

Juliet316 likes this.