main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Ponder the Question" Marvel's 'What If...?' [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    [​IMG]

SateleNovelist11 and Juliet316 like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ I wish they'd make that live-action.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'll take it either way! :p

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Given that it was Marvel Comics that released it and not Marvel Studios I doubt it’s for an actual animated series.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    As long as Hayley Atwell reprises her role, I'm not overly concerned which form of media the series will take.

Juliet316 and Princess_Tina like this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's... its drawn... there are no actors...

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    There are no actors.... yet! ;)

Juliet316 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I don't care for comics; but G-d-willing if the comic series is a hit than it'll translate to some form of moving pictures.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  10. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I mean... the movies and shows so far seem to be inspired by the comics. So maybe there is a bit of precedent there? :p

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Right. I think they need a few more Spiderman/Doctor Strange/GOTG movies before considering another film with a FEMALE LEAD.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't think Captain Carter needs a movie. As for female leads, thankfully they're doing better now with the Marvels, Wanda, She-Hulk, Kate Bishop and Yelena, maybe Wakanda Forever, probably Cassie Lang, etc. They could do better still. But I don't see Captain Carter needing to be part of that. She's the natural lead, along with alternative Strange, for season 2 of What If, though.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    My real argument is to give Hayley Atwell another chance to reclaim her role.

PCCViking, Sarge and Princess_Tina like this.
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But why?

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Because we were robbed of Agent Carter Season 3 and she’s been background everywhere else. Since Peggy Prime (roll out!) is dead, Captain Carter provides her an opportunity to resume the role in live action in present day.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  16. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I assume Multiverse of Madness is going to introduce Captain Carter to live action at which point she’ll promptly get her own project.

Ahsoka's Tano and Sarge like this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe it’s because I didn’t watch Agent Carter, but I’m not sure what is particularly interesting about her to want her to have more of a feature role. She was cool in What If but basically just another Captain America, just British and female.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Captain America has already run his course; his story should be over after the events of Endgame and whatever's been told in TF & TWS (I haven't seen the series yet). If the MCU is opening the door to the Multiverse, I'll be EXPONENTIALLY more excited to see the likes of CC in a live action role than I could ever be about seeing regurgitated heroes and villains from Spiderman movies over the past two decades. And you can't change my mind about that.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    Juliet316 and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I’m sure we will see Captain Carter in some live action capacity.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I’m not trying to, I was just asking what makes you excited about it.

heels1785 and Master_Lok like this.
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I wouldn’t be at all surprised if
    CC shows up in the Multiverse of Madness.

She’ll be an integral part of What If...? so that is pretty cool.

Barriss_Coffee and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Ms. Atwell is a star low-key. She's got class and sass in a way that puts others to shame. Love her.

I'm sure we will see Thanos in both television and live-action films, but more so in terms of allusions to him. Thanos doesn't deserve the admiration he gets. But the writing behind him is very good. He's basically a combination of Malthus and young Paul R. Ehrlich. He's obsessed with the collective and logic, and he has no empathy. I definitely find the movie version more interesting that the comic version. The comic version is intriguing, but he's more authentically evil in that. In the films, he's misguided and genocidal as a result of total rationalization, as well as past trauma.

Personally, I'm actually impressed that Infinity Ultron was so accurate to his comic book self. I now see that as the definitive MCU Ultron. I mean, James Spader's Ultron was good, but he should have been a bit less humorous IMO. That version is mainly good due to Spader's work. I now like Age of Ultron less due to its director, but I enjoy the film due to Scarlet Witch fo sho.

Personally, I loved the Guardians of the Multiverse. I liked what Strange, Captain Carter, Star-Lord T'Challa, Gamora, and even Party Thor (being the clumsy oaf that he is) brought to the table. I will admit that I liked Chadwick Boseman's performance better in his individual episode. He seemed a bit too subdued sometimes later, but it works to contrast with how his soul is gentle and benevolent compared to others.

Btw, do you think we'll see any hints of Kang in the future of What If...? I hope so. I know they delayed the season, but we can dream, right?

I'll bet money that Captain Carter may appear briefly in the new Doctor Strange film. It's a big multiverse, right?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Very true.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
  25. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I just watched a tribute to Ms. Atwell that was made about 7 months ago on Youtube. I'd say I'm as much a fan of hers as I am of Felicity Jones, and you know how true that is for me! But I don't want the mods to get too antsy/jacked about it, so I won't share it on here. Ha ha.