main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Ponyo', Miyazaki's latest film

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by XCell, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Didn't see a topic, so thought I'd start one. I've been wanting to see this movie, Hayao Miyazaki's latest film 'Ponyo'. The animation and art looks wonderful, and has an old-fashion infuence I think is very refeshing. It's great to see a hand-drawn looking 2D feature in theatres, even if it's not as many theatres as, say, Ice Age 3.
    While I was a little put-off with the choice of Miley Cyrus's little sister and the Jonas Brothers little brother voicing the main characters (and commercials on TV with what sounds like a techno-pop song mixed in), I'll wait until I hear their performances before completely writing them off. Voices for the English version also include Liam Neeson, Betty White, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchet.
    If you haven't seen any commercials on TV, you can see a trailer and a review here, http://www.kpbs.org/news/2009/aug/13/ponyo/. There's also some great-looking pictures from scenes in the movie, and below what looks like Miyazaki giving an interview.

2. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Miyazaki never disappoints, so I'm looking forward to seeing this one. And taking my kid.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The story wasn't his strongest, but it was still very cute and GORGEOUS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.