main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Popular characters that you never cared for.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by -MUSTAFAR-, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rich-narco

rich-narco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Boba Fett. A cool little side character that Lucas attached far too much meaning too because of fan boys..... The whole Jango Fett thing is the only thing I loathe about the prequels.

2. drg4

drg4 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Princess Leia--Empire is the only film in which she came across as a fully-realized character. In ANH, I found her ambassador persona unconvincing, and her rebel identity grating; in ROTJ, well...she seemed like she really was in a galaxy far, far away.

3. Darth-Johnny-Cash

Darth-Johnny-Cash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2009

QFT, but was he ever popular?

4. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Chewbacca and Yoda. I never really like Chewbacca since he didnt add anything to the story. And I just found the OT Yoda boring.

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

:eek:

6. MagicSpork

MagicSpork Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2004
    It's not that I never cared for him, but I always thought Luke was a whiner...

Hey Luke, I got your power converters right here!

7. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    Arura Sing---- Did nothing at all.

8. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    PT Anakin and Boba Fett. PT Anakin is a punk and Fett, no matter the era, is overrated. Give somebody a cool costume and you'll have the fanboys falling over.

9. JediMasterAni18

JediMasterAni18 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2009
    Darth Maul
    Boba Fett
    Han--I liked him but I hate that he talks with the aint's etc, makes him sound like an idiot.

10. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    Wow, Fett is mentioned a lot here... [face_thinking]

11. FirBholg

FirBholg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Yep. Big waste of screentime. His only purpose was to be someone that could stand in as Separatist leader once Dooku was killed - which happened too soon, IMO.

12. BandofClones

BandofClones Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2009
    Lando. I just thought he was so boring.

13. MuddyFox

MuddyFox Jedi Knight

Mar 15, 2008
    For me, definitely Mace Windu... "No, he will not be trained." Said with real petulance. You'd think with all that power and ability he could find the strength not to be so challenged by Qui-Gon's request.
    It's a shame really, Jackson was great in Sphere, True Romance and Jackie Brown. I think it must just be the Mace character.

Muddy
    :)

PS: My seven year old son absolutely loves Jar Jar. :oops:

14. darth_da

darth_da Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2005
    R2D2 and C3PO, never understood why they're popular and one of the disapointing things about the PT is that they are in it, and mostly distracting from the story.

Ewoks - WHY?????? Should have been Wookiees instead.

15. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    I'm gonna go with Boba Fett. I never saw the appeal and I still don't. He was just....boring. And now his stink is covering the EU thanks to Karen Traviss.

Tarkin as well. Well, I dunno how popular he is, but just go with it. He does nothing in the entire movie he's in and he's supposed to be this genius and yet he blows up with the Death Star. What a sad sack he is.

16. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Boba Fett: He had what, like 4 lines in the ENTIRE CT, the PT, he was just some pansy kid. How he became popular is beyond me.

Personally, every PT Character after TPM I don't care for, except for maybe Anakin, Palpatine, and Jar-Jar ( Yes, you heard me.)

Same goes for the majority of the CT characters. Post-ANH they don't generate enough excitement as they did in ANH.

17. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Leia: I never cared for her as much as I did Luke, I don't know why.

Darth Maul: He just kind of flamed out too easily for my taste.

Obi-Wan: I never agreed with his "certain point of view" and never even tried to dissuade Anakin from the Dark Side. He went to Mustafar with the mindset that he was going to destroy him, no matter what. His conversation with Padme in ROTS convinced me of that. I kinda liked him in TPM, but not after.

JMO

18. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Darth Maul. Don't get me wrong, i see the appeal and think hes cool and awesome just as much as every one else but i see some people on this site take it SOOOOOOO far. I mean hes cool just like how boba fett was cool (because he doesn't speak that much and looks cool and all that) but he wasn't even that powerful a force user and even if he was -who cares?

He had 3 lines and maybe 30 seconds of screen time in that whole movie not counting the duel witch let him finally serve his purpose -look cool.

After viewing all 6 films in order with someone who never seen star wars before reasontly i came to the realization that Darth Maul has a VERY small presents in TPM but he does serve a good purpose, just a very very simple one. He is supposed to show you what a sith is. Seeming as its episode one in the saga he is just supposed to give you an idea of what a sith is, until the next movie takes that idea and expands on it by showing you that a jedi can turn to that dark side we saw the cool looking sith use in the last one and then BECOME a sith. So i would go as far as to say hes not even much of an important character in that movie.

But dont get me wrong i think hes cool just as much as the next guy its just that i laugh at how RIDICULOUSLY upset and somehow outraged some fans get at the fact that he died at the end.

19. jedisrm

jedisrm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Most EU/minor characters can fit under here but the main ones I can think of are

count dooku- Least interesting of the sith

mace windu- Didnt see him as being among the top jedi and people seem to make a big deal since its samuael jackson

Asajj Ventress- oh wow, now we got a female sith

appentice/starkiller- I thought he was interesting at first but less so as the game went on and did not/refuse to believe him manhandling vader towards the end (and the alternate dark ending was even worse)

20. -MUSTAFAR-

-MUSTAFAR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Galen Marek is on my abstract top ten list of favorite Star Wars characters. As promised, he was Luke Skywalker had he turned to the dark side. The character had a lot of depth, shown mainly in his love-hate father-son dynamic between him and Vader. He was also a very tragic hero in the end, but in a slightly different way from Vader. He witnessed his father die, was kidnapped by the murderer he would come to serve for years on end, and then eventually sacrificed himself for the cause of good. He was a guy that never once found true peace in life.

21. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    I don't like PT Palpatine.

He's not sinister like in ROTJ. He just comes off as a deformed megalomaniacal version of Pope Benedict XVI with laughable facial expressions.

22. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    It has to be Hayden's Anakin.He just wasn't made the good friend or sympathetic enough.He comes off as a creepy psychopath who's already close to evil.

23. Gary_Buchenara

Gary_Buchenara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2009
    ROTS Sidious the Pantomime ham.

Lame ROTS Padme.

Hypocritical, whiny AOTC Anakin.

Redundant ROTJ Han.

24. Rev

Rev Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Movie characters I never cared for?

C-3PO- He is intended as comic relief, but never succeeds in that role to the level of HK-47 or PROXY

Yoda- He?s far too Eastern in his philosophical musings on the nature of the Force

Jar-Jar- For all the obvious reasons

Padme- She?s a terrible leader, and others have to suffer the consequences for her mistakes. She holds stringently to a liberal pacifism even as her planet is being overrun and her people put in prison camps. Then, ten years later she still hadn?t seen the error in her thinking, opposing the passage of the Military Creation Act. Had the Clone Wars been more the conflict they were perceived to be at the time (and not simply part of a grander Sith plot), the droid armies would have decimated the Republic were it not for the clones. She?d be more annoying and reviled than Jar-Jar if she wasn?t fairly attractive.

RotS Palpatine- Ian McDiarmid?s portrayal of him in this movie is so comical and incompetent that it truly is the most abysmal acting in any of the Star Wars movies.

Expanded Universe characters that I actively dislike?

Carth Onasi- A soldier, but not a warrior, unlike Canderous

Rosh Penn- Completely one-dimensional

The list goes on and on?

25. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    PT Obi-Wan Kenobi. Despite being one of the key players of the prequels, the character was rendered somewhat useless for most of TPM by the inclusion of Qui-Gon (he hung around on the Queen's ship doing nothing for a solid chunk of the film), & the close relationship he & Anakin were supposed to develop over the course of the trilogy was never really convincing.
    Ewan McGregor's indifferent attitude towards the role didn't help, although he picked up a bit by ROTS.

EU character I've never really cared for was Mara Jade. Just a predictable 'hot chick who kicks butt', with no real depth. Belongs in a video game. Leia truly wipes the floor with her as a tough, interesting female character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.