main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Popular characters that you never cared for.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by -MUSTAFAR-, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Aayla Secura: Only reason she's popular is because she wears revealing clothing.

Lando: Really, he does stand out as some random black guy they put in the movies. If they gave him better lines or more scenes, he would be cooler.

Boba Fett: Wow, he has a total of 4 lines in the OT, doesn't do anything remorely cool, and "dies" in a pathetic way.

Eu Jedi: really, stop building these characters up as the next Luke Skywalker or what Darth Vader could have been if he was Anakin Skywalker still. I'm looking at you, Starkiller, Jacen, Ben Skywalker....

2. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    But ... but ... he was able to track the Falcon to Bespin when no one else was able to. :(

3. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

Yeah, while acting as garbage.

4. AeroStar

AeroStar Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2009
    kk to be honest. I loved Chewy and han and all them. A popular charator that i can't stand HATE! is C3P0 omg! i hate that droid so much -.- don't even mension its name around me lol :]

5. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    In the words of the great Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader himself:

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! :_|

6. MasterAnakin04

MasterAnakin04 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 1, 2004
    General Grievous is a character I never cared for, Just a lame gimmick to give ROTS a second villain really, the four lightsabers thing didnt impress me at all. I understand the need for him in the story, but I would have preferred just a human character/assassin type person, would have made for a more interesting character if they gave him a good personality.

Also Darth Maul, I didnt find him that great at all, maybe if they fleshed him out a bit more as he was definetely underused in the story.

7. QUIGONMIKE

QUIGONMIKE Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 5, 2009
    Mace Windu - Could have been a more integral part of what was going on but he essentially just "existed" for no other reason than to provide someone for Anakin to hack down whilst saving the emperor. Which brings me to my next character that didnt cut it - Count Dooku. He was too old and he also existed for the sole purpose of being mowed down by Anakin.

So, Mace and Dooku would be my selections for characters that needed "more".

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I could do without Leia.

Oh, and Fett ;)

9. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I never cared for Jabba, although I don't know if he would be considered "popular".

10. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I thought Jabba was excellent in ROTJ. One of the best and most realistic puppets in the saga. I can deal with him in TPM, but the ANH addition was a bad move IMO

11. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    I think that Yoda is one of them. I've never been a big fan of him. Although I must admit that I found his comment about old friends gone in ESB rather poignant. Along with his death.

12. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

lol, I was just kidding. I LOVE Boba, he is my 2nd favorite SW character, 1st being Vadder of course.

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Same here.

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008

:eek: [face_not_talking] ...and you call yourselves Star Wars "fans".

15. Darth_Unicorn

Darth_Unicorn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2009
    I love Mace Windu so much!!!! That's a bummer he's your pick for lamest.

My least favourite was Jar Jar. I don't even know if that many people really like him, but every time he talked I wanted to slap him in his dumb face. I wasn't a fan of any of the Gunguns, but he was the worst. In TPM, when he got his hand caught in part of Anakin's podracer, I hoped he would be obliterated. It makes me even madder that while he was Padme's consultant or assistant or whatever it was that he was, he approved of the Army of the Republic and counted her vote toward it without her consent. He deserved a double slap in the face.

and he's ugly to look at.

16. Boba_Squeak

Boba_Squeak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Whoa! You may have some anger issues there. It's your right to hate Jar Jar, but advocating violence?

This hurts my feelings. He's a catch! :p

17. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Only 5 can be considered for this horrible characterzation of "never cared for" AKA overated

Lord Vader
    Master Yoda
    Boba Fett
    Lord Maul
    Capt. Solo

Anyone else like Binks, Jabba, etc. is wasting time in the thread ... lets get down to brass tacks and discuss the real characters that may or may not be "played out".

18. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Yeah, esp. Jar-Jar. The hatred of him is so played out, it's boring...

Anyway..

Expanded Universe Luke Skywalker: Wow, the guy's a pansy. his Jedi Order can't even survive 100 years before it is destroyed.

Post ANH Han Solo: What happened to the backtalking, Force-denying rogue that made him awesome in ANH?

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Living in denial is teh coolest, I always say.

20. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I recently watched TPM in honor of the tenth anniversary, and I have to say that JJB's character does really wear thin. I didn't mind him back in 1999, but over all I don't think he's an asset to the movie or series. Sorry, I know that's such a '99 thing to say, but -- well, there you have it.

21. Darth_Unicorn

Darth_Unicorn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2009
    I don't think hating JarJar is overplayed. He's actually just that dumb. I can't even look at his face.

22. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    So Jar Jar just gets worse over time? Priceless...[face_laugh]

23. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Dudes like Binks, Wickett, Max Rebo, and Ben Quadrinaros have all been hated on by legions of Star Wars fans.

It does not surprise me - 10 years after TPM - when Stryphe or others clench their fist a little more tighter when they hear "Meesah Jar-Jar Binks"

Like A-Fenn says, hating characters is kinda like a fine wine, the hate gets better with time.

24. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    Character Deveolpment happended.It's because of SW and Empire that he's one of the most popular movie charcters ever.Just like Vader the enduring image of the character is the version from Empire.

I find it hard to believe that SW got as big as it has become if Vader,Yoda or Han where overrated.The SW legend is built on these characters.

Fett and Maul aren't overrated because they're just there to look cool and do bad ass things.

Padme,PT Anakin,Luke and Leia are better for the discussion then Fett and Maul.

25. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    So I am not the only one who hates Ben Quadrinaros?
    *Sniff* That... That, makes me so happy! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.