main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Popular characters that you never cared for.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by -MUSTAFAR-, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I agree. If they left him alone like they did with many of the others who appear in the OT, he'd still have that mystery. Now his appearances in the PT and post-sarlacc antics in the EU just smacks of major fan-*******.

In the beginning I thought he was interesting. Not cool, but interesting. Now he's just boring because he's over-exposed. [face_plain]

Oh yeah, welcome to the boards JediStarburst! :p

2. DarthNidLoc

DarthNidLoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2005
    To be fair what Anakin did in AOTC to the Sandpeople was wrong but it was a massacre not genocide, Genocide is a systematic process of wiping out a race or species, think the what the Nazi's did to 11 million people(6 million jews plus 5 million gypsies, homosexuals, handicapped people and other "undesireables) or what has happened to in Bosnia, Rwanda, and Sudan. What Anakin did while still wrong is no where near the scale of those atrocities, what he did was more on the scale of the US Army massacre in Sioux at Wounded Knee. Watch ANH there are still Sandpeople around and according to Obi-wan in significant numbers.

3. Twilek_Aide

Twilek_Aide Jedi Master star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I never liked Leia (I prefer Padme) and I can't stand seeing Vader as this mechanical monster (I prefer Anakin/Vader pre-suit).

4. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Apart from Obi, I dislike TCW Padmè -as my sis would say-with a burning passion! I just can't stand how the way she's handled in the show...95% of time For Goodness sake, the CW cartoon did a better job with her! Its a real shame because she's one of my Faves in the PT.

5. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Whats wrong with TCW Padme?

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    ^^^ She has good moments but most of the time comes across as inmature and right down stupid. I believe it's a poor continuation of her character.

7. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    I agree. I honestly get a sick satisfaction of waching him die.[face_devil]

8. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    TCW Padme beats the hell out of ROTS Padme that for sure.

9. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    ^As if! Just because Lucas decided to show a more vulnerable side of Padmè during ROTS dosen't make her stupid or inmature, in my eyes it adds depth to her character... Not only she was vulnerable because of the baby, but she was also battling her own demons as well Anakin is...even before he came back it seems... Unlike him though, she didn't have someone to turn to. The only one she had (wich is in part why Anakin acts the way he does with her} needed her and she wasn't allowed to help him. I don't know why people fail to see this.

10. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    IMO, Padme was a weak character in ROTS. Losing the will to live, please that goes against her episode I persona. Although, I don't like that she has been captured far too many times in TCW series, the character in general is more in line with episode I then episode II and III, which is a good thing.

11. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    I don't undestand why people took the droids words at heart. I always took it as his way of saying "we don't know why she's dying." Anyway, like I said, she has her moments but I just wish the writers of the show would handle her better.

12. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Popular characters that you never cared for.

Call me crazy, but I've never been too big on Salacious Crumb. Don't know why, really.

13. KAKAMAN

KAKAMAN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    OT-Lando

PT-Cliche yet has to be JarJar

Agree though with some of the other posters....As I grew up I found Luke to be a whiner, but I guess like Father like Son. Then though Luke becomes condescending and a bit too much of a goody 2 shoes.....but when I was a kid, Luke was the penultimate!!!!

After that I guess Luke bugs me as well....

14. APOLLO608

APOLLO608 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2010
    For some reason, I really liked Yoda in the OT but then hated him in the PT. He just became annoying I guess.

15. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I'm the exact opposite. Yoda, in the original trilogy, seemed to be one of those dudes that just rubbed me the wrong way. He was easier to drink down in the prequels though.

As for the prequels, I never cared for Jar Jar (of course) as well as the Gungans in general. Their characters just seemed to be quite annoying. I just feel that the Nubian natives could've been a bit more rugged.

16. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    Han Solo.

17. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    WHAT?

anyways I thought Han, Luke, Leia and Kenobi were considered OFF THE BOARD as far as this thread were concerned.

All 4 do things that piss us off, but to say you never cared for them is like a Christian saying she never cared for one part of the Holy Trinity.

It don't add up ...

18. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I like Kenobi, but I sorta don't care for Luke, Leia or Han. [face_whistling]

19. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    How rude!

20. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    EE ... not you too!

:oops:

So we can play the whole board? No sacred cows?

Anyways, I think Yoda sucks! - especially PT Yoda. The guy is a bum, Qui-Gon steals the show, as the Jedi Ace. Yoda you punk, what you gonna teach our boy Luke in ESB? Your a complete sham as "Master". Your stupid pig latin Yoda speak is supposed to make you what? A sage? And your great insights on the "Shroud of the darkside has fallen" ... Well get off your ass and instead of leading Wookies at Camp Bravo, get outta the Batcave and track down the Sith. And when you find them, don't let them escape all the time. You're worse than Inspector Gadget. Thank God Luke got in the X-wing and left your sorry ass in ESB. Jedi don't hang in Ivory Towers or hide out in swamps. They get in the real world and do stuff, take chances, and save the day or go out in a blaze of glory! So fitting for you - you little green muppet punk, it's so fitting that you died curled up in bed, snoozing in the fetal posistion. Your death summarizes your your whole life.
    Yoda is a sham.

EDIT - Some analogies why I thought it folly to hate on the Big 4 (Han, Luke, Leia, Kenobi)

"Look, I love the Die Hard movies, but I never liked John Maclain that much."

"The Matrix is awesome, but I never cared for Neo or Morpheus as characters."

"That show Friends is so great! Except for those 3 women that live in the apartment across from Joey and Chandler."

21. APOLLO608

APOLLO608 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2010
    It may just be that I never liked Yoda and I didn't have to see him as much in the OT.

22. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    Boba Fett.

I never thought his cheap death in ROTJ seemed that inappropriate - to me he was a cheap character. Now, in light of the prequels, it does seem inappropriate given his closer proximity to the key events that shape the whole conflict.

When people say Lucas doesn't care about the fans, Fett's inclusion into the prequels suggests otherwise. But, lets be honest, he was as much dead weight in there as he was in ROTJ. For me, he belonged in ESB, and like Han, thats probably where his role should have ended.

I get the fact that he was an appealing character to some extent in ESB but I've just never understood the huge fanaticism for him. I'd take a less popular character like Watto or Jar Jar over him any day. I'd even rate Jango above him.

23. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Along with the inclusion of Boba Fett, IMO if Lucas didn't care about the fans, Anakin would not have killed Padme or the Younglings. The outcry after TPM and AOTC was the Anakin was too much of a whiny punk and not "dark" enough, not enough of an evil bad*** to be Darth Vader.

I can think of a lot of other ways to write his turn which would not have had to include those two events. I originally thought that Palpatine would have killed Padme or had her killed and set it up to make it look like a Jedi (or several Jedi) did it; that would have sealed Anakin's fate and made him go all Tusken camp on the adult Jedi in the Temple.

24. erock311

erock311 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2009
    I second Boba Fett. I liked him in 'Empire', but in 'Jedi' it just seemed like he wasn't needed in the Palace or in the battle. His character in AOTC just annoys me, he seems odd. He seems to obedient and understanding, while I'm sure he would have been smart by this time he is not the warrior he would become.

25. IAMJOEKING

IAMJOEKING Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.