main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Popular websites/channels and their views on the PT

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Vidianefficiency, Nov 4, 2016.

1. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I've noticed as time goes on that the quality of Prequel film criticism goes way down. There was an arguable high with Plinkett, and like him or not, a lot of the material seen therein was funny in a way even if he, like others, made up and defended their own definition of the quality of film.

But to come to this point? It's actually quite humorous the lengths people will go to to try and bring down the Prequel trilogy and George Lucas. A lot of what they say are blatant lies and over-exaggerations, which can easily be proven as such by the amount of information available to the common people.

George Lucas was heavily, HEAVILY, HEEEAVVVILLLYYY involved in the creative process for The Clone Wars.

2. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    There are conflicting reports from the show staff about Lucas involvement in TCW. At least during the first 3 seasons the writers only had a once a year meeting with George. Some of the writers claim if they had a question they could never reach Lucas for his answer. Though Dave seemed to have a ,ot of contact with him while some writers may hardly ever interacted with him. I am not sure how much of a PT fan Dave really is as at the Star Wars exhibit at Disneyland, he went on and on about how he is a OT and how great it is OT fans are now creating SW content.

Regardless, many of the differences between the PT and TCW seems to address common PT complaints. There was many more chiefs in the kitchen when TCW was cooked, perhaps too many.

3. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015

Rebel Force Radio Podcast 11th September 2015: listen from about 1hour 11mins! It seems clear to me he likes them a lot, or fully embraces them at the least!

4. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013

It could be he was coached for the park video.

5. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Or now he is “instructed“ to follow the main marketing line of Disney (Never mention the PT and OT is all great). Mark Hamill also liked the PT and I wonder what we will listen from him in this ... infamous marketing policy.

6. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    TWILIGHT fans. You’re literally praising him for dumbing down STAR WARS to the abysmal nadir of Stephenie Meyer’s diarrhea.

7. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Well, I'm officially lost. Couldn't tell you what Twilight has to do with anything posted herein. Other than a female fan base, that is.

Darthman92 likes this.
  8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    1. Stay on topic.

2. Kuro, why do you even bother with the PT boards? I remember you because I fielded a report on this post on another forum:

It is illogical for someone who feels this strongly about a series of movies to then spend time in a forum devoted to them.

If this came from a bad day or something, fine. But you made your sentiments quite clear, and if you're here to troll, please do it elsewhere. We have a community of people here who appreciate the films. Thanks.

9. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Kuro is back and as I see to spend again pages of the threads to explain how the movies look like Twilight (I‘m surprised that a person with such sofisticated taste pretends to know and remember! such mediocre movies) and how the prequels are not made as he expected. Honestly, repeating the old arguments don‘t make them stronger, just annoying (generally speaking). At least the other critics make some new points and at least they bother to read the opinions of the others. It is basic cortesy to the other participants here no matter that you obviously think that we are some idiots to like such movies. Being critical is one thing, being disrespectful to viewers is completely different....

10. DementedMeerkat

DementedMeerkat Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2015
    Hmm... honestly I doubt it. He's definitely good at saying the right things but I feel he is being genuine, especially his reaction to the PT haters - he seemed to lose his cool a tiny bit there (in the right way)!
    It's established that he was mentored by GL very heavily, so I doubt he doesn't respect and know a lot more about all the films than we ever will!

I've noticed he tends to get a lot more involved with media which embrace all of SW, unlike other members of Disney's Round Table, so some of it must be personal choice.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  11. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Thank You heels1785! Thank You so much!

[​IMG]

12. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Kuro reminds me of a poster on the Cantina forum who said people who like the prequels are likely "autistic." While I don't need to say why that's offensive and just clearly mean-spirited, people like him make me laugh that they are so hurt by the PT that they need to insult others and troll to elevate their favorite SW films. Clearly, if you are this bothered by a space opera, you probably need to check yourself.

Tonyg and Darthman92 like this.
  13. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Dave Filoni loves the PT, a lot. There's a fantastic interview with him on the Star Wars show where he talks about his background as a Star Wars fan, beginning of course with the OT, but also talking about his reaction to the PT and how he defended it and explained a lot of it to his friends and other people...Dave's love of the Prequel films should not be doubted. He's a fantastic protege to George Lucas.

Sent from A TRANSMISSION BEAMED ABOARD THIS SHIP--

Tonyg and Darthman92 like this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Let's keep it on topic, everyone.

mikeximus likes this.
  15. Ratio Tile

Ratio Tile Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2016
    I just saw an article on a web page belonging to a big newspaper -the article was supposedly about the writers memories about Carrie Fisher, but the headline was "George Lucas Destroyed My Life" -and it just went downhill from there. How deep in sewer are you swiming when you are using a tragic event as another excuse to throw dirt at George Lucas? That article are not the only example of this and it just makes me question what kind of reality those people lives in.

16. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    A job interviewer who would've "immediately rejected" anyone who just happened to enjoy a few movies?! I don't care how awful you think the prequels are or how universally they're hated, this is kind of discriminatory IMO--it's not something to be proud of! This has got to be like a textbook example of what not to do when recruiting people. This sounds more like a high school clique than human resources! I mean, you understand this is Darth Vader logic. Vader killed Admiral Ozzel for slipping up one tiny bit and pulling the Imperial fleet out of lightspeed a little early; this interviewer was gonna instantly reject anyone for merely liking the prequels.

So to circle back to the topic: this is a pattern in prequel criticism. "I don't like it" becomes "nobody likes it" becomes "nobody should like it." You see this kind of thinking in a lot of these editorials. To each their own, right?

Tonyg and Deliveranze like this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just a note - you quoted me as saying that, when I did not. That should be attributed to Kuro.

Subtext Mining and Deliveranze like this.
  18. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Whoops! :oops: That wasn't very good proofreading on my part. But I can't change it now.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Slicer87

Mar 18, 2013
    Either way, it shows how some PT detractors push this ideology that everyone hates the PT, and that their personal opinions is shared by everyone and is a unquestionable fact. Perhaps what happens is some websites serve as echochambers for PT detractors and reinforces their view that everybody hates the PT because everyone on those sites they interact with either also dislikes them or are afraid to go against the grain and say they dislike them. A job interviewer who bases his hires on what movies applicants like should be fired.

Not sure how popular a website it is, but Kiwifarms bad mouths the PT pretty often. Like above, many of its members believe their negative opinions of the PT are universally held, and that it is a fact that the PT are the weakest part of the franchise and everyone knows it. But then again its a site of weirdos making fun of other weirdos, not joking.

Tonyg likes this.