main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Porblem On The Main Site

Discussion in 'Communications' started by mbruno, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbruno

mbruno Jedi Master star 1

Jan 19, 2010
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but I've noticed when I'm looking at a story in the main site, when I try to use the link under Related Stories I often get a "The page cannot be found" error. Seems like sonething needs to be fixed.

2. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    the best way to go about this is to email philip wise until he fixes something or other.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We are seperate from the main site and we don't have the ability to update it. If you want to report an error, your best bet is to use the general email address on the TFN Contact Us page.

4. benskywalker22

benskywalker22 Jedi Padawan

Feb 7, 2010
    I am having a problem with the main site at the fanfic.theforce.net. I can't email anyone, it keeps timing me out. I can't even email the editors can someone please help me.

thanks

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll ask in our Mod forum for you to see if the Fan Fic mods know anything. Meanwhile you could try clearing your internet temp files to see if that helps, or try a different browser if you can.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You might want to try PMing the editors. I don't know how often Belle checks PMs here, but Gabri_Jade is on a lot, and I believe Pallas-Athena checks in quite a bit too (in fact, they've both been on in the last couple days).

You have to have 20 posts to PM (private message) anyone, but this thread in Welcome New Users is there so you can post enough times to get 20 posts so you can send PMs :)

This thread in the Fan Fiction resource is also a good place to ask questions :)

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    benskywalker22: Regarding contacting the Archive editors, NYCitygurl has the right of it. If you're having difficulties with the e-mail system, you can PM any of us - Belle is on every few days at least, and Atty (Pallas-Athena) and I are generally on every day. I would like to specify that the thread in Fan Fiction Resource is for general Archive discussion, not anything regarding specific stories. Anything falling into the latter category will not be discussed there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.