main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Possiable radio charity gig.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Mandalore The Uniter, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I've been speaking with Jack Murphy at 107.5KZL in Greensboro NC via email about getting together some of the various SW costumers from around the area to help raise awareness for his charity Murphy's Kids. He wanted to know if we would be in SW gear and if I could bring some SW friends (I'm presuming he's talking about costumers.) so I figured I'd spread the love around to the local FF and 501st to see who would be interested in coming out in costume. It would also be a nice plug for our organizations, which is never a bad thing at all, but most importantly it's for the kids.

Soon as I get more info, I'll pass it along.

2. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Sounds interesting. I'm sure Jada will check with the 501st on this and I'm sure they will be interested. I would check on it but I need to get ready for work now. [face_worried]

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    What is Murphy's Kids? Also, we need to get you on the Carolina501st boards. :)

4. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    It's a charity for needy/sick children and their families here in the Triad area. It's sponcered by Jack Murphy, the creator of the Murphy in the Morning show. They donate alot of money to area families and organizations, and their contributions to the community have always hit a soft spot in me.

As far as the 501st Carolina forum, sure thing! Unfortunately I'll probably never be able to join the 501st, but I enjoy working with them and seeing our membership in Mercs working with them. It's all about cross-club participation and building strong relationships as Star Wars and costume lovers that really keeps it fun and interesting for everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.