main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

possible copyright violation?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by elviro, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elviro

elviro Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    I'm in a rock band, and we want to title one of our songs with the name of one of star wars' heros. Is it a copyright violation?
    Thanx for your help and i hope i'm in the correct forum to ask this issue.

2. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    It's most likely the names have been copyrightedif it's their creation or at least have a patent on it, your best bet would be to go to the Lucas Arts website and contact the appropriate department there to find out.

Hope that helps a little.

3. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    just go with it,I dont think they would care,unless you are slamming star wars in any way

4. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Isn't there a band with a Chewbacca song? "My name's Chewbacca and I'm a Wookiee" sort of thing.

I don't think LFL will mind as long as its respectful.

5. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    That's a line of the Cantina Song, Spike. It is some kind of running gag on German Jedi Con. As far as I know it is nothing official since it took the tune of Barry Manylows Copa Cabana. ;)

If you want to be on the safe side ask them like Amber said. But I don't think either that you would get problems when you don't ask.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    A band that is very popular in Sweden had a song called "Luke Skywalker", but I don't know if they had been in contact with any LFL or something, I doubt that though.

7. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I was watching Clerks last night and when they are discussing the destruction of the Death Star, the song I am referring to is playing in the background. Its a heavy metal band. I'll do some research...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.