main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL ***Possible Events for this Fall***

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Here's what is coming up -

Aug.

meeting at Joe's house

Oct.

Lowery Park Zoo events

Gaby is putting some costuming events together for us with Lowery Park Zoo, some of us already did this but it was a smaller day event. These will be a larger event on the weekends at night with a lot more people this time a round. You dont have to be in costume to come out to this event. In fact I would like people to come in club shirts if you dont have a costume. Your help will still be needed at this event. This is ALL of our club, not just costuming people but ALL of us should take part in this.

Here are the dates she has so far-

possible Oct. 1st, 15th, 22nd, and 29th

Gaby can you please duoble check on these dates for me? and post here new info on them? Thank you.

Necronomicon in Tampa Oct. 28th, 29th, and 30th

Now I have been told we have a table for our group at this event for FREE. We need everyone to show up for this event, we can do a list of people at the next meeting at Joe's for this. We will ALL take turns at the table for this event. We make up fliers to hand out with the new logo on it and web address for the boards and if the site is up by then it will be on there as well. It cost $25 bucks to get to the rest of the con for the weekend 4 3days.

Maybe we can even make up some shirts to sell for this event, making them is cheap. Transfer paper is cheap and t-shirts from wally world are cheap. This would give the group some money to do something things with. This money would help pay for a banner or what ever we need for events for the group.

Nov. 1st DVD release event at Best Buy or Toys-R-Us coustmed and non-costumed.

Toys-4-Tots with the Marines at ToyRus also this is a costumed and non-costumed event for the whole group to do. I have done this in the past with the Marines up in Michigan and we had a great time. The Marines sent out 2 full dress Marines to spend the day with us out there. I would like to do this over a 2 days on a weekend.

Dec.

Group Chirstmas Party
    $10 spending limit with drawing names out of a hat, maybe even doing a number out of hat thing. The person with #1 goes first or last and blind picks a wraped unamed gift and so forth.

If theres anything else you guys want to add do so here. See you at the next meeting at Joe's.

2. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Yes those dates are correct.. the 29th is an infy since people may want to stick with just Necro. However they can come out later if they want too on the 29th if not too tired.

You can count on me at Necro as Padme and I can bring a mannequin to put my costumes on if needed. The St. Pete Times will be doing a right up tommorrow and I mentioned the Fan Force and Lowry park. They are taking photos of my Padme Gowns.

The 1st and the 29th are optional. The 15th and the 22nd are definate. You do not have to make all the dates.. but it you are certain about one or more please attend due to possible heartbroken children and adults. :(

More to come, there is also info in my Lowry Park thread.

Gabrielle

3. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Made contact with ToysRus today to start the ball rolling for the DVD release event and so far we're on the right track. There is also a possiable event with ToysRus for the Toys4Tots but not with the Marines.

More INfo will come as I get.

Sit tight and when I know you'll know.

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Dragon Con for those going is the first weekend in Sept. It seems like we will be working on the Lowrey Park Zoo events and Necro ...during the month of Sept. A workshop to tweek your costumes or get tee shirts made for those that don't have them would be helpful.

There is also a Christmas parade for Rebel Legion members that march with the 501st (at least in the past we did) not sure when this is. I also know that people have their own homes and family events coming up too. It looks like a very busy end of the year to me.

I have noticed in the past that the Toys for Tots is out in public for many weeks.

Also Gabby mentioned the Gasparilla children's parade...when does this take place Gabby?

With work events and personal stuff...I'm booked!!! for the next 5 months!!

5. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    The Gasparila children's parade is the last weekend in January to proceed the big Gasparilla parade. I have the invite/ App and will go over it with you and Ross.

I know I am booked also. I feel like I have three lives. I love parades... the xmas one sounds like fun!!! That will make two in a row for us!!

6. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Yes I am packed for the next 5 months. Have still got to find time to work on my storage room so I can combine the 2.

7. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey Gaby, we can go over these things on Firday night when we meet up. I need to keep a log of everything coming up and anything else that pops up as well. See you on Friday.

8. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Awesome Ross!! That way I can give more info about Lowry Park and possible events in December too. I will also show you my parade invite if I can remmember it.

See you all there!!

Gabby

9. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey Gaby PM me your cell number and I will remind you, I want that info to put in my note book.

***up date***

I have spoke with the girl at ToysRus about the DVD release and toys4tots. She is going to work it for us to do the DVD release on the weekend following the release with fliers talking about it so people know ahead of time. She is also going to try to get the store to pay for the fliers, she said somethings about door prizes maybe for the kids. Maybe doing a sale on Star Wars toys store wide and letting us an area in the front of the store to set up a table and do our thing in costume and non-costume. I plan on getting in touch with her again this weekend to do a follow up and speak with BestBuy also. This is going to be the ToysRus over on Dale Mabry and 275 in Tampa. They gave us stuff for the movie premier to give away, thats why I picked that store. And the BestBuy is across the street.

The toys4tots thing will happen but not sure if it will be ToysRus or not, I was told they no longer do it with the Marines, so we may have to go ahead and do this ourselfs. Good news is that ToysRus may still wanna do something with us anyway to get toys for the kids in the area. So lets hope we can do both.

Hey Brian maybe you can work that magic again with the news people for this??????

10. jedi-knight-FL

jedi-knight-FL Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    cool Ross... as you have something firm for this event, all I have to do is give them a week's notice.

Say, did we get the not-for-profit tax number so we can get free stuff. It would come in handy for this event and we would be helping the store off-set their expenses.

The fliers are a good idea and it should also be listed on TBO.com under 'Things to do'.

11. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
  12. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    No we still need to get the non-profit tax number so we can get things for events. I would love to get that number before we do the Lowry Park Zoo stuff so ToysRus can give us a bucnh of stuff to give away to the kids again.

I will touch base with the people at the store again this weekend or tomorrow on it.

13. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    ****UP DATE 8/21/2005****

I have applyed for us to march in the Gasparilla Parade in January on the 29th Saturday. When I hear from them I will up date this info again.

14. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Hello everyone,

I have been very ill and have been in the hospital due to my medical condition. I am sorry that I missed the meeting!

The dates for Lowry park are the last two Saturdays... the 22nd and the 29th. Since I did not make the meeting I can update you at the next one or have a meetup through Ross for those who are interested in coming.

I am already on the Board of events with Make a Wish and All Children's Hospital Foundation if you want help setting up an event. I am in the process of applying for tax exempt status myself for my own 501c3. Lisa at the ABC News desk is a good contact of mine also.

Good luck you guys!

Gabrielle

15. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey Gabbie, what is going on..??? I may be able to recommend a decent doctor for you. call me

16. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Gabbie,
    can you help me with the tax exempt thing. I believe I had a tx ID number done afew years ago...just don't know what it is or where to finds out the number. Then help set up tax exempt status for the group. Any help would be welcome. I can another number but it costs $10 and I don't want to have too many different numbers cause I would never keep track of them.

17. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    I am still looking into this with a friend who is getting me started. As soon as I know everything I will give you another call. I am hoping to do this without a lawyer.

Gabby

18. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    OK I did find out that there is a tax exempt number for Florida sales tax for anything you buy for your group. Ross find out what Best Buy was looking for or the form they want filled out. A federal tax ID number is for employers. Sop I beleive that these are 2 different things. I'll be back Sun. night.

19. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Lowry Park event

Zooboo Star Wars dates
    October 15th and 22nd.

The event starts at 7pm so you can come as early as 6pm to change.

How many 501st are you planning on inviting Ross? This will be an awesome event!

PS. You do not have to make both events. You can do one or the other, or both. Plan for many photo ops and autographs similar to the Star Wars Weekends in Orlando. We plan on staying there about an hour and a half with breaks.

Gabrielle

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm planning on both nights and have some of my patients coming on the 15th. ( I hope)

21. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Maire, Joe or Bert if you guys would send out the info to the 501st guys about thisd and tell them we would love to have them show up. I would do it but you guys are in the group so it would be better if you did this for us, if they want they can pm me on here or send me an email at my new email address under my profile.

I would love to have as many people at this event as we can get from all groups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.