main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Possible Original Characters Awards for 2001?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarkJade, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJade

DarkJade Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Hi guys, it's the patron saint of original characters again!

Okay, so I was toying w/the idea of setting up an Original Character Awards List before this year was up. Voting would go on until just the end of Dec. and the winners would be announced before Jan. 1st?

I know I'm not much of scenester on these boards but I assure people that I'm not a flake. If I commit to doing this, I will see it through. But I just wanted to make sure that there would be interest and people would vote so I wouldn't set up all the catagories, rules and whatnot so that in the end, nothing happens.

I know also that I might be looking like a bit of an original characters snob but I really do feel like that some EXCELLENT new Star Wars characters have appeared on this board and many a times, they just don't get the validation they deserve. So, I thought...hey, why not?

Please write into this thread or PM me if you have any interest in seeing this take off and if enough interest is peaked, I'll set up a new thread w/rules and catagories straightaway.

DJ

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm all for Original Characters, as my readers well know and would love to see some of the great ones out there recognized. Go for it, DJ. :)

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, yes, please, I have seen so many good original characters, and you're right, they don't get much recognition.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Cin, no plugs whatsoever for, let's see, Katya, Jacinta, Sial...

5. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Sure, sounds great.

6. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    I'd love to see some awards of such! Wonder what I categories shall be...anyhow I have Jerdin, Maya and Kaki to contend with. Oh and of course, Alia.

I hope to see this up ASAP,

Am [face_love]

7. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    what if a story hasn't been made yet?

8. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm with VC. I have an OC story planned out, but I haven't posted it yet (I'm sticking to my current stories until after Christmas).

So what's the deal?

9. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I'd say that candidates should be limited to stories that have been posted.

How are these for potential categories?

Best male OC

Best female OC

Best OC of *insert various timeframes here*

Best Force-sensitive OC

Best Non-Force sensitive OC

Best OC as a main character

Best OC as a supporting character

Also, perhaps we could have nominations run through Christmas and then have voting between Christmas and New Year's on the three or four in each category that got the most nominations?

10. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    I love this idea. You simply must do it. :D

11. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    YAY! I LIKE!! :D

::starts cheering:: Alia! Alia! Jerdin! Maya! :D :D :D

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Actually if I was GOING to plug, Dari, *looks slightly angry*, I would have already done so.

Sial is you, have you forgotten?

No, actually I wanted this because I am in the middle of reading two really good all original char stories, and I want the writers to get some recognition, so whatever. I wasn't probing around for myself, I'll have you know.

Ok, I'll admit it. I'm joking. But I agree no plugs.

I'm not really angry.

13. DarkJade

DarkJade Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Hey everyone!
    Well, it looks like there is more than enough interest so I'll put up a new thread w/rules, catagories and other such misc. stuff soon!

DJ

PS: Oh, to a question asked before, yeah, I think we'll have to limit the nominations to stories that are already up. But no fear, if this one goes well, they'll be eligable for Awards 2002!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.