main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Possible romance of Palpatine?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Slowpokeking, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Which character do you think fit him well and can create some story? Without damage his character. Because it's really challenging.

I'm not saying "crazy love", just someone possible to let him have some attraction and feeling.

My personal opinion is that he hungers for power too much and is a typical Bane era Sith. So unlike Dooku he would not allow someone to share the power or have the same position as him, only inferior than him. So maybe Daala? She's the best one I could think about.

Mav Edit: Locking this thread. Resource is about general discussion, not individual fics and/or advice, as I've told you before. This thread could have been about Palpatine and romance but you've clearly made it about your own individual fic.

2. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Palpatine had a lot of concubines. Some were even kind of important. You could use them?

3. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I know but I wish for someone new, more important and could play a major role in the story.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    It's cannon that he and Ysanne Isard had a thing.

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Someone of like mind probably. He strikes me as a man who won't appreciate women like Padme Amidala or Leia Organa, but more like someone such as Ysanne Isard. Manipulative, intelligent, and equally as cruel. He would see it as a game rather than as a love interest. How far could he manipulate her and how well could she maneuver around him, kinda thing.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Someone suggested Padme to me before. I think it could be a good story about he turns Padme into a supporter of dictatorship and the Empire.

But romance will just be horrible since his relationship with Anakin.

What do you think about Daala?

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    I've seen the Dark Padme floating around in fan fiction but none where she and Palpatine are in a relationship.

If you go with Infinities, then Dark Leia could probably work. As for Daala. She's Tarkin's *cough*lady*cough*. He'd probably find her boring. Daala isn't exactly the brightest egg in the nest. Brilliant when it comes to science, but not so much when it comes to politics and war.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't like Leia at all. And thinking about she's Vader's daughter, nah.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Also I think even to Palpatine, if a woman is totally cold, cruel and manipulative without any emotion, he won't have any feeling beside sex.

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Palpatine always struck me as the type of guy who needs to manipulate everything and everyone to his own personal and political needs/wants. I can't see him being in a relationship that would go against that. I also cannot think of him of just having sex for the pure enjoyment of doing so. He's a complete control freak. If he can't control someone, he'll have them eliminated.

That being said, any intelligent woman who would be worthy of him would know that she would have to give him the impression that she is being controlled, whether or not that is the case. It would be a dangerous game....

damn, i'm a plot bunny just bit me in the butt. LOL

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo likes this.
  11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    You too eh? I'm having to beat back my bunny with a carrot stick. He's a viscous little one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yes, unlike Dooku he would never share power with others, he always wants to control everybody.

So the woman has to be some imperial offical, inferior to him but also has enough charisma.

13. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I still think Isard would be the best choice, out of female Imperials we already know.

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Who was the concubine that claimed to have a son with him?

15. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Ah, Roganda Ismaren.

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Thanks. Not only was she one of the Emperor's Hands (which says a lot since only the most loyal and best become Hands), she was also supposedly intimate with him on a equal level, just like Isard was.

17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I still hope for someone new.

18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Well you'll be hoping for a long time then. Any new characters will either be created by fans in fan fiction or by Lucasbooks. Til then you're stuck with who is already favored by Palpatine.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I mean a canon character but not one of Palpatine's concubines.

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Then you're looking for a cannon character to make an AU relationship with him. Mara Jade? She's strong, was a hand, heard him the best out of all the hands. The age difference is cringe worthy though.

21. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Not to mention that he was basically like a father to her.

You'd probably be better off creating an OC. There aren't that many possibilities other than Isard or Ismaren.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Daala?

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Nah. As someone already said, she was in a relationship with Tarkin.

24. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Hmm . . . sounds like you've already made your choice and are waiting for someone else to confirm it. So why not Daala? As I keep repeating like a broken record, it's your fic and you're free to do as you like.

25. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    I did a vignette for a challenge a number of years ago using Palpatine and I had thought about expanding it along these very lines. Although the difference was looking at him as the Senator from Naboo just shortly before the events of the Phantom Menace. I took a different look at the character but now with the release of Darth Plagueis and its look at more of Palpatine's background I wondered if I could still work the angle I was using before.

As to the discussion I tend to agree that anyone that Palpatine is involved with would have to be someone who holds his interest but who he can manipulate. I don't think he would shy away from a powerful female figure because manipulating a pawn in his game would not be as challenging and rewarding as manipulating a queen. I imagine he would take a greater interest in ever so subtly working a strong female towards his own purposes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.