main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post here if you're not in the running....

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Moylesy, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    toochilled? That would be a good choice. :D People who "know" will know why.

2. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I think TC would be a fantastic choice!

3. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Good choices there Charis. ;)

I've never really spoken to TC, but i reckon he'd be a good Mod. No offence to S_S and T_P. :)

4. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

I'll be VERY surprised if Josh, and whoever has replaced Scott, (Phillip from Rebelscum?), allow TC to be picked.

There is still the rather silly ep-x/tf.n "feud" running, and I think there was concerns about Spoilers competition between sites and the correct credit for these.

If TC was up, then that would be one of the reasons it was taking so long...

UKS

5. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    Personally I still think T_P is the best for it.

6. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    UKS - From my understanding of the situation, what you've said is probably why TC might not be given the job.

As I've groaned, I don't particularly care who gets the job and hopefully (if this isn't a stunt DA :p ) one of the candidates gets chosen and it can all be done and dusted.

Looking at Charis' list of who she thinks are candidates

TC -I personally have no problem with his becoming RSA, but by what UKS has said I'd hazard a guess thats why he wont be given the job.

TP - Again I don't personally have a problom with his appointment. I can't think of any reason why he can't be given the position.

SS - This guy cannot be RSA :p Nah seriously, Luke if you get this mate good on ya ;) Oh yeah Lukey boy don't forget if you get RSA that Palpatine line will come in handy ;) ;) [face_laugh]

7. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    I'll be VERY surprised if Josh, and whoever has replaced Scott, (Phillip from Rebelscum?), allow TC to be picked.

There is still the rather silly ep-x/tf.n "feud" running, and I think there was concerns about Spoilers competition
    between sites and the correct credit for these.

If TC was up, then that would be one of the reasons it was taking so long...

Thats exactly what I think too UKS. Of course, I probably expect this to resolved with the selection of someone else, unmentioned on here and who nobody knows... :p

8. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    ''There is still the rather silly ep-x/tf.n "feud" running, and I think there was concerns about Spoilers competition
    between sites and the correct credit for these.
    ''

No, there is not.

We are trying our hardest to stop all that crap.

======================================

Charis, it is obvious you want the job though I doubt sharing confidential information or sending defametory pm's is the way to go about it.
    ======================================

I have a recomendation for the job.

I suggest the one member who regularly interfaces with all sections of the ff.
    Mayhyem.

He has been here Waaaaaaaaaaay longer then most and is level headed, intelligent and, I hope, not universally disliked.*

He also has no explicit loyalties to any one section of ff (something which is very important in this situation I feel!)

Anyway, he is my suggestion for co-RSA.

9. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

I still say anyone who wants to try and mod this madhouse needs their heads examined.

All the effort of work.. Minus Pay!

So, It looks like toochilled is ruling himself out, (or at least, may getting ruled out by the FanForce geezers.)

Thus, we require desperate action. We must Clone Chyren and bring him up in Albert Square.

After 20 odd years, he will be ready to mod this place.

You may think 20 years is a long time, but I'd say that that is pretty reasonable compared to how long this is taking...

UKS

10. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Excellent idea TC. :D

But then again - WHY do we need 'desperate action'? Its hardly as if the board is a buzzing metropolis is it, and the RSA can't handle the traffic?

11. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Hmmmm an interesting insight TC of your recommendation ;)

Ideally looking what you've put, thats who we really need as the second RSA.

I'm not trying to figure out who you're alluding to, but I can't think who would fit those traits (though I'm sure there are a few which escape my tiny brain :p ).

EDIT:

True Az, the need for a second RSA at the moment is down to the fact that we have new chapters around, which means more boards to moderate, but as you say its hardly needing desperate action.

12. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    MayhemUK!

Yay! :D

13. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Ah righty oh

14. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Wooo a nomination... thanks Az :p

15. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    True DT not exactly alot to moderate but I guess DA has his reasons in it ;)

16. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    2 nominations in fact, but then again, no-one wants our ideas... :p

Edit: but I guess DA has his reasons in it

...like arranging for someone to worm their way into a position of authority because they want to boss and 'rule the roost' because they have no other life? :confused:

17. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Ah yes... missed TC's bit... so much to do, so little time :p

Though question is... do I want it? [face_laugh]

Yeah like I'd get it :D

18. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    like arranging for someone to worm their way into a position of authority because they want to boss and 'rule the roost' because they have no other life

I guess so ;)

19. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Thought as much. [face_laugh] :D

20. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Mind you who doesnt want to be The Boss in something? ?[face_plain]
    Even if it is the FFUK? ;)

I have sympathy for whoever gets the task, I hated my stint as Admin for one of my friends boards. [face_plain]

But then again it is only the FFUK, and DA hasn't had that much trouble to deal with so neither should the co-RSA.

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Mind you who doesnt want to be The Boss in something

Only boss I want to be is of me :p

I agree I'd feel sorry for the person who got the position, to me seems alot more hassle than it's worth. Well thats my opinion anyway.

And with that I shall leave you for the day to go and complete my college work .... have a good day guys :)

22. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    You consistently fail to hit the dartboard of truth DT. I suggest you retire from the oche. :p

I would have liked to do that job 6 months ago. Not now. Just because I can see the flaws in so-called arguments, does not mean I am wishful for the position of my own.

Edit// This doesn't make as much sense since DT edited out his 'theory' of me wanting the position.

23. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    You consistently fail to hit the dartboard of truth DT. I suggest you retire from the oche.

:p
    Yeah my aim isn't as good as it used to be [face_laugh]

Myself I couldnt care less about any position of "power" on a message board, I'm never likely to be asked anyway which is good because I would rather not get involved in that hierarchy.
    EDIT: I'm not saying its not cool to have colours and have a title, its just the whole power you get with it thats the problem. Mind you if I were to get the Ipswich chapter setup and sorted, I wouldnt say no to becoming that CR, its cool colours and my only responsibility would be to sort meets out. (thats not my motivation for having an ipswich chapter mind you)

@ Amber my question was just a cheeky jibe.

EDIT: Az, I realised that it didnt make sense.

24. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Your not the boss of me!

Yes Mayhem for RSA!

25. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Charis, it is obvious you want the job though I doubt sharing confidential information or sending defametory pm's is the way to go about it.

....sounds interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.