main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc" : The West Wing Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Oct 28, 2014.

1. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah it's a bit weird but it kind of makes sense. As it is Nixon is the most recent real-life president mentioned in the show.

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    So, I've been rewatching the show (no binging, just every now and then when I have a bit of time - usually while doing ironing :p). And I've got a couple of pet peeves:

Toby keeps saying "I could care less". Erm, so that means you do care some non-zero amount? :p Surely you mean "I couldn't care less"?

And in the episode where they're planning the public reveal of Bartlet's MS and there's the Haiti crisis, Leo calls for "calvary" in the situation room. Surely you mean "cavalry", Leo? You don't want anyone in the embassy crucified, do you? :p

Still love the show, though. [face_love]

3. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Just for fun:

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i wrapped 2019 series rewatch #4 on friday, and am taking a break for a month or two.

we'll be back for the winter. because what the **** else am i going to do over the christmas holidays.

[​IMG]

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    [​IMG]

MrZAP, dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i've got to fit in smallville and friday night lights before the end of the year, inty

it's a ritual. a sad one, but a ritual.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  8. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    And I'm still watching my third ever run-through every week with West Wing Weekly. :p

heels1785 likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Doing rewatch #2. 4 episodes into season 2

heels1785 likes this.
  10. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    You know what else you need to watch?

heels1785 likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    my personal feelings on the message aside, this is such a brilliant scene. amos and spencer at their very best:

also, inty was right

MrZAP likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    right-wing justice christopher mulready ("the supremes") is the mob bank manager at the beginning of the dark knight who gets shot and gassed by the joker. actor is william fichtner.

whenever i finally make one of these connections, it's like christmas morning in my weird little world.

Yodaminch and DarthIntegral like this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wait until you find out he goes to space with Bruce Willis to destroy an asteroid...

14. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Under the heading of mind blown, this showed up on twitter the other day. It's an unaccredited role so it's not actually on IMDB, but the casting director confirmed it.

Also, lol at the Butterball twitter making a West Wing reference.

MrZAP, Mar17swgirl, solojones and 5 others like this.
  15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Probably while gazing into the year 3000.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The best part of our annual drive to PA is the amount of West Wing Weekly we can listen to in the car...

mavjade and heels1785 like this.
  18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Naturally watched The Indians in the Lobby last night and this time really listened for Ana Gayster’s voice as the Butterball receptionist. Now that you know it is her, it’s definitely easy to hear.

cubman987 likes this.
  19. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    LOL (Mandalorian spoiler)
    [/spolier]

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    so i'm well into season 6 of a rewatch, and experiencing a new confusion, because i am also rewatching dexter (presently in season 3).

jimmy smits is both an aspiring democratic presidential candidate and a rage-filled aspiring serial killer (scheming against the heroic serial killer), and they're blurring. would santos prefer to tie hoynes or russell to the table with plastic wrap? would rita or laguerda make a better vice presidential candidate after leo dies?

i feel like this would make a good beezel thread.

MrZAP, solojones, dp4m and 1 other person like this.
  21. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Leeet's drag you back from that abyss there, buddy.

MrZAP and heels1785 like this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Try the Brooklyn Nine Nine reunion instead?

[​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Can I get a staff badge, please?

Ok, how about a visitor pass?

*gawks*

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    @dp4m

west wing weekly finale, "tomorrow," was just released. guest list is quite nice:

[​IMG]

MrZAP likes this.
  25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    We're two seasons behind...