main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Post-Sequel Future Of The Galaxy? (Newer Republic? Something different?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ghost, Dec 30, 2017.

?

Which do you prefer for the state of the galaxy, after Episode IX?

1. Newer Republic/Third Republic (New Republic with small changes)

26.0%
  2. Something New (big changes, like a Multi-State Galaxy, Radically-Different Republic, something else)

74.0%
  1. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I tell you right now. Rey won't be rebuilding the Jedi order in the comics or books anytime soon either. they will want to explore Rey having adventures with her yellow saber for a while before they age Rey up to being able to be a teacher.

Why lose time by skipping ahead.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    jeangreyforever likes this.
  2. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    Honestly they never should have gone past ROTJ (unless they went WAY past it). I know people wanted to see the OT characters.. but the story was done after the OT.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Based on all the accounts I've read I don't think they want to go anywhere near these questions at all. Kind of a shame if it proves to be so.

4. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    Rebuilding the Jedi Order also sounds like something too important to include in books, comics, or supplemental material in general. I would love a video game of her adventures post TROS though.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I'm really not interested in anything (at the moment).
    But moving forward, they should focus on more scaled down, slower paced and less cluttered adventures. Stories that have room to breathe and where character is paramount to effects and explosions.

NileQT87 likes this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think they will eventually cover it, not saying now but in a few years.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I want them to introduce more Skywalkers and Palpatines that we never knew existed. Maybe Rey has a twin brother that was kept hidden from Palpatine by his mother and maybe Kylo had been planting the seeds for his return in case he ever died, so there are actually more Skywalkers out there.

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think there should be a return of the Jedi as a whole, policing the galaxy as before and whatever adventures they can create from it.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well now that Ben lives inside her now, getting more Skywalkers wont be a problem,:p

jeangreyforever and DarthFixxxer like this.
  10. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I both laughed and gagged at the same time ^:)^

Lightstrike likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Glad i could help, if nothing else we get another skywalker getting the virgin birth, as i think one day a new Skywalker will come out.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    At best it will be a multi state galaxy at worse it’s basically gonna dissolve into every system has its own thing.

13. DodgerBlues

DodgerBlues Jedi Master

Sep 28, 2004
    If they want to use Rey again but not have her be so superpowered, they could say her extraordinary power came from being part of the dyad with Ben and now that he's gone she "only" has the powers of a normal jedi.

I think the best bet for the next animated show might be the adventures of the OT crew between ROTJ and Ben's fall.

14. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Meh...... I’m ok with a new republic or alliance of free planets or United something. I don’t want to see C-SPAN in space.

but an awesome political thriller set against the formation of a new government. Disney plus please

15. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I agree, they heavily tried to market a trio for this film but I don't see why. Luke, Leia, and Han were a once in a lifetime phenomenon who resonated with audiences of all ages through different generations. The prequels tried to replicate this with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme but they were really never a trio and Anakin was the linchpin. For the sequel trilogy, the core relationship was Rey and Kylo because they carried on the legacy of the OT3 and were their spiritual successors. Most people's attraction to this trilogy and their big takeaway has been the Reylo dynamic and how that fits overall in the saga.

The only reason I can fathom why Disney/Lucasfilm would kill off Ben Solo is because they know the demand for the character is so great that it'll guarantee an audience for a future installment that will resurrect him. Audiences will be waiting endlessly to see Rey and Ben reunited onscreen whereas there would be no buildup or tension if they were given a happily ever after so soon, or at least, this is what I presume Disney/Lucasfilm thinks. We haven't even remotely seen Ben's conclusion because there's a reason we were given no closure to his ending from the lack of a force ghost. They clearly have great plans for him that will require us to wait. And Rey's story literally took her right back where she started so it's hardly a conclusion for her either. I hope we'll see these characters restored to the big screen by 2027, the 50th Anniversary of Star Wars, and by which time a whole new SW trilogy (from 2022-2026) will have culminated, giving a break from the main Saga and increasing the fan demand for these characters.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah they have already hinted that the next show for 2020 will follow Ahsoka and Sabine trying to find Ezra and Thrawn

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    let the republic burn and all planets have united free alliance, the jedi being thier guardians and all planets has it's own security forces and military.

18. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    If I were JJ, I'd shoot a lot of extra shots of Rey, maybe even some lightsaber training or instruction, so potentially save for future films. It would be easier to preserve than to have to digitally de-age her. I'd wager that in the next decade or so, we'll see a future Jedi film with flashbacks of Rey as Master Skywalker, teaching the new generation.

19. MaverickJedi85

MaverickJedi85 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2019
    I'd stick to quality tv for the next 10 years.

The Rian Johnson trilogy could be a box office bomb, Solo style, or best case scenario, struggling to make 800-900 million (each film).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We already know they are still going to make movies

21. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    MOVED TO SAGA.

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    MOVED TO SAGA.

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    AND MERGED THESE TWO SIMILAR THREADS.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Why can't we talk about this in the other forums?

25. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Any new thoughts on this?