main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Post-Sequel Future Of The Galaxy? (Newer Republic? Something different?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ghost, Dec 30, 2017.

?

Which do you prefer for the state of the galaxy, after Episode IX?

1. Newer Republic/Third Republic (New Republic with small changes)

26.0%
  2. Something New (big changes, like a Multi-State Galaxy, Radically-Different Republic, something else)

74.0%
  1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    At the end of TROS, the heroic amalgamation of multiple governments saves the day. Kinda. Also, Rey's final scene did not end like the other films. At end of TPM, AOTC, ROTS, ANH, ROTJ, and TFA - and to a lesser extent ESB and TLJ - there were gatherings of people united in a common cause (both good and evil).

What this suggests to me, only through this imagery, is that there is no over-arching system of governance (democratic, republic or empire). Instead, we have multitudes of worlds to explore, not to subjugate under cumbersome systems of rule and power.

Therefore, post-ST, we have self-governing, self-determining solar systems, not galaxy-wide institutions. The Jedi are protectors of peace across these systems which may or may not go to war (the Star Wars!)

Could make for some interesting tales, interesting cultures and world-building, and interesting Jedi peace-keepers. No need for long story arcs.

I think some ideas from the old EU may fit this biĺl.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I hope that's the case, just for something different for a while, but we'll see.

DannyD likes this.