main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Post-Sequel Future Of The Galaxy? (Newer Republic? Something different?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ghost, Dec 30, 2017.

?

Which do you prefer for the state of the galaxy, after Episode IX?

1. Newer Republic/Third Republic (New Republic with small changes)

26.0%
  2. Something New (big changes, like a Multi-State Galaxy, Radically-Different Republic, something else)

74.0%
  1. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I have no idea what they will do, but the potential is endless. As for me, if it doesn't have Force users along the lines of what has already been established, and keep some familiarity, and stay in line with the physics, and lore already established then it wont be for me.

2. I would like the Jedi and the Sith and force users in general to finally become extinct
    But I think there will be a new order different from the Jedi and the Sith like the Fel Empire/Imperial Knights in Legends

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2019
  3. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    It should be about building democracy and effective government. And how this both solves conflict and creates it.

In a galaxy with no Republic, corporations, criminals, monarchs, and cults would rise up to dominate. The Jedi would be very busy, as well the resistance, who would morph into freedom fighters.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Whatever is happening post-ST with the government, I hope there are finally multiple Jedi at once roaming the galaxy fighting for peace. Please please no more stories of one final Jedi apprentice that’s our only hope.

5. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Of course that's going to happen... In the books. Save the exciting stuff for the formats no one cares about.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree. Though I’d like it to be limited to, say, 12 mysterious, nearly independent Jedi. Each residing in some remote corner of the galaxy. And only coming together under extraordinary circumstances.

7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Almost like a Green Lantern Corps? That is an interesting idea. One that I could adapt to. :)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    So far, (starting from TPM)

Valorum, Palpatine, Mon Mothma, Villecham, Snoke for a bit I guess.... Is it now Kylo??[face_dunno]

Assuming the good guys win (safe bet) Who do you think will lead the galaxy?

InterestingLurker likes this.
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I like to think that things actually change this time and the galaxy becomes "balkanized" with its own separate states.

Just no Rey-Kylo team ruling over the galaxy or something.

10. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    You have to wonder what those war-crazy Mandos are up to now that they're a significant part of the canon. Bo Katan is alive at the time of the Empire and she's Death Watch. Would she be satisfied with conquering Mandalorian space? Is she still kicking post-RoTJ?

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    St. Patrick will lead the galaxy....

....out of Ireland. IX is an origin film.

lovethedarkside likes this.
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Any new ideas?

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THREAD MERGE.

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    This is a really good article on why a New New Republic probably isn't what's best for Star Wars post-ST, either from an in-universe perspective, or for what makes for a more interesting setting. It's also completely in line with my thinking about the futility of a Galactic Republic in concept, as well as believing that the Jedi are better and more useful as wandering nomads than as government-controlled bureaucrats.

http://eleven-thirtyeight.com/2019/...warrior-the-case-against-a-galactic-republic/

Glitterstimm and Emperor Ferus like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    jedi will no more belong to any goverments anymore, they will go back as these monks ad guide the galaxy. I think jedi as bureaucats will be done n old republic movies. I think the galaxy do without a republic for a while and have their own goverments. Republic will no doubt return to the galaxy. Something goes wrong and they have rebild a galaxy goven republic. after conflicts.

16. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Dancing Ewoks. Take it to the bank.
    (sarcasm)

17. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I'm not particularly committed to any specific post-ST political state of play, but I think they do need to address Coruscant. It has long been established in canon as the cultural, geographical and economic capital of the Galaxy and there should be some careful thought put into what exactly is going on there after all the events of OT and ST.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  18. TechnoTerror

TechnoTerror Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2019
    It depends on how it's left in episode 9...

My guess is that the galaxy is run with no central power. Guildes and corporate entites running the show, with wars popping up in various star systems....

Time of the mercenary...

As far as the Jedi or force users: depends on how it's left with Rey. If that's left ambigious, the story could be how these two factions emerge again...

If something more implied, I would guess nothing more than a commune or colony. Certainly, nothing like a massive order....

I think the best bet: it's a period that reflects our time...

19. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Well, there will always be Force users, as the end of TLJ demonstrates. "Jedi" and "Sith" are just labels each group gave themselves. You'd just be replacing one label with another.

That would be a great setup for future episodes and shows.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    For those voting for the second option, is it mostly for a multi-state galaxy, or are there other options you're thinking of?

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Multi state galaxy, might work for a while but i think in the end it will turn into a galactic republic. and govern more or less like in TPM.

22. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Here's how I see it now, the old Republic and everything up to the RoJ reminds me of the Roman Empire, in the end it became decadent and complacent. then the fall of the ""Empire"(under Palps) then chaos reigned for 30 yrs. and still it has been chaos,no central gov. "planet states, crime systems etc. The Dark Ages of that galaxy are in action! I doubt that any order will come about with the current power running Star Wars. If you get rid of Jedi, Sith, the Force, that is chaos and the end of anything we knew that can be called Star Wars! any series of movies omitting these "old things" will just be another run-of-the-mill sci-fi movie and eventually die.

23. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I personally think the first order will survive and we will hit a warlords type era like the post ROTJ Legends novels

24. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    I still want there to be a republic. I recall Lucas saying in an interview long ago that his sequels would deal with the "rebuilding of the Republic." If the sequel trilogy is to honor this and Lucas, I feel like it should end with another galactic republic. After all, a major theme of the saga is democracy.

25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't know that we will find out what the new GFFA will be like; thinking they are not going to start a new series directly after TROS. Rian will do something entirely separate; D&D may do something way in the past, so I don't know where that leaves the ST characters. I am sure, someday they will be seen again on streaming or movies. Maybe they will go way in the future, and an old Rey will be played by Katherine Hepburn.
    Poe might become the president, and then get impeached for trying to get the fragmented First Order to dig up dirt on his political opponent.....

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    The Legions of Lettow likes this.