main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Post something positive about a SW film you're not fond of -

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Intergalactic Lawman, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Let's give props to the films we are not as fond of... Post the film and then a positive about it :cool:

TPM - I don't think we will ever see a lightsaber fight as good as the one at the end of TPM...ever! :bluesaber::greensaber::redsaber: =D=

TLJ - The scene with Luke confronting Ben in his sleep was one of the most interesting scenes in all of SW. I can relate to this scene a lot. The idea of seeing someones future and then having to decide to let it come to pass or stop it right now was fascinating. I never had an issue with this scene like others did.

TROS - Kylo Rens look in this film (cracked helmet/cape etc etc) was the best of the dark lords from any of the films.

TLJ - I loved the helmets that the pilots had on the bombing run that Paige Tico was on. Brilliant design!

AOTC - This film (still to this day) has the best trailer of any film I ever saw. It was the second teaser. I was absolutely gobsmacked :eek:

SOLO - Dryden Vos's blades are the only weapons that can match my enthusiasm for a lightsaber. I quite liked the Magnaguards weapons in ROTS as well

Yours??

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  2. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Great idea! :)

TLJ - The Holdo Maneuver. Awesome and beautiful!

3. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    TFA- Rey's opening scene is pretty damn good.

TROS- I like the idea of Kylo trying to kill the Emperor who threatens his rule after TLJ.

4. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    TFA - The end scene with Rey finding Luke is great. The location, the music, the man himself! A real cliffhanger. I know the story that came afterwards didn't deliver the way a lot of us hoped...but this set it up nicely for the next crew to run with.

TROS - Pryde (sp?) was a great character that would have been right at home in the OT. Far more effective than all the other FO officers in a much shorter timeframe.

ROTS - The music when Anakin is on the balcony after killing all the Separatists was outstanding.

5. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    R1 - the Star Destroyers look amazing.

TFA- the shot of Kylo going to confront Han on the bridge was gorgeous and instantly classic.

Solo- The Enfys Nest theme is really cool.

6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    TLJ. Yes, Porgs are cute. Also, Luke’s Crait speech was one of the best in the saga.

8. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    AOTC beautiful photography/music in the very first scene and last /wedding scene.. the jedi in the arena id love to see refilmed with up to date technology

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    TLJ - The porgs of course and I actually like the Luke and Kylo duel on Crait.

To Star Wars overall credit, I'm actually fond of just about every Star Wars film, with TLJ being only one I could do without.

10. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Rise Of Skywalker:
    That scene of Ben talking with Han was kinda good.

11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It was, although it would have been nice if it was actually Han. Very good acting in that scene.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  12. Bee Bee

Bee Bee Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2015
    TPM - The CGI for Jar Jar is still really impressive

AOTC - Has some of my favorite action scenes in the series like the fight between Obi-Wan & Jango and the arena battle against the beasts.

ROTS - Love Ian McDiarmid's performance in this movie

TLJ - Features some of the cleverest and prettiest cinemetography of the entire series

TROS - Babu Frik is neat

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    ROTS: I love the opening battle with the Anakin/Obi-Wan banter, and the scene in which Padme tells Anakin that she’s pregnant, is fantastic.

14. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Something positive about a movie I'm not fond of? OK, I got one:

AOTC makes the other movies in the prequels look better. Well, actually, it makes the other movies in the entire saga look better.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  15. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    TLJ - Luke’s last stand on Crait is one of my favorite moments in the entire saga.

16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Solo: Han and Lando meeting.
    I don't dislike Solo I just found it forgettable. And I'm a huge Han fan.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    AOTC: Asteroid chase scene has great sound design

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Naboo flying wing cruiser in the first scene of AOTC is one of my favorite spaceship designs. I hate that they blew it up with only a few shots onscreen.

19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    ROTJ: The SE Victory Celebration was such a nice ending. Makes me tear up.

20. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    TFA made a believer out of Han.

TCW was at its finest when it didn't focus on the main stuff, though the Yoda arc is goosebumps wordy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

devilinthedetails likes this.
  21. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    TLJ - Although I would have preferred Luke there in person, the Force projection is actually reallly cool [face_shhh]

22. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    TROS: "Anthem of Evil" is the creepiest JW track I've ever heard - and I love it!

23. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    The DSII ruins look amazing in every shot.

24. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    ANH - I like almost all of it.

ESB - Overrated imo, but I still love almost everything with Luke and Yoda.

RotJ - Seeing Luke “grown” is always great.

TPM - Qui-Gon is always great.

AotC - It feels the most “Flash Gordon” of all the films to me (if that makes sense), which is cool since that’s the “roots” of the franchise.

RotS - It’s a great film to watch when you wanna see the entire OT backstory all in one movie (at least the most important parts).

TFA - It feels “warm,” if that makes sense.

R1 - Last act is great, of course.

TLJ - I like almost all of it.

Solo - I like almost all of it.

TRoS - It’s great to watch if you want to see something that basically gives the Skywalker trilogy of trilogies a sense of “closure.”

25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    TROS:

i quite liked the festival event that the heroes ended up attending, somewhere in the first half of the film. I also like the idea of using the DS wreckage.