main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Post something positive about a SW tv show you are not fond of -

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Intergalactic Lawman, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    Hello all, I created a similar thread for the films... So here it is - Post something positive about a SW tv show you are not fond of :cool: It's an opportunity to give props to the shows even if they are not for you!

Kenobi - The last 10 minutes where Obi Wan says goodbye to Leia and meets Luke properly was outstanding! It packed more emotion (For me anyway) in those last few minutes than the entire show =D= The prestige was Qui Gon showing up at the end. Good stuff!

BOBF - The arrival of The Hutts gave me the "OT feel" that only comes along every once in a while. It's an unmistakable feeling I get where the moment feels like it could have been from that era...

BOBF - The scene where we meet Black Krrsantan :chewie: was great! (See above)

Mandalorian Season 3 - Jedi Jar Jar! His costume was incredibly detailed, and he looked cool as hell :bluesaber::greensaber:

2. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    Resistance - because it was SW television content at a time when there wasn't much SW television content.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Some TCW episodes focusing on clones showed soldiers in a positive light.

4. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    BOBF - I know some people hate deepfake... But I absolutely loved seeing "prime" Luke :greensaber:I wonder if moving forward he will show up at least once in all the post-ROTJ shows? [face_thinking] (So far he has in The Mandalorian and BOBF) Surely in the :ahsoka: show...? On the deepfake, I am so attached to the OT that "close enough is good enough" for me. I thought Tarkin was good, Luke good, and Leia...just a tad shy of the others. Nothing against TM (Love him) but because he is a solid, muscular dude that looks like a linebacker, I struggle more with him as :boba: than any of the deepfake. I can't reconcile the slim jumpsuit wearing OT Boba with the new one... I think they should have just used TM's voice [face_peace]

Kenobi - I thought Alderaan looked amazing. It wasn't as populated as I had hoped for, but still...

Mandalorian Season 2 - Luke! :greensaber:That was epic, and may not be topped as a Disney SW moment for me! I was initially really against The Dark Troopers, but combining them with Luke felt very EU (In a good way) to me. The ending with Grogu going off with Luke also had ET vibes for me personally. Thought it was brilliant.

Mandalorian Season 3 - Bo Katan has really grown on me... I am really not a fan of any of the animated series, so can be quite negative as my starting point [face_not_talking]

Mandalorian Season 2 - :ahsoka: As above with Bo Katan I thought "Here we go... Filoni shoehorning Ahsoka in just for the hell of it" We could argue about whether her inclusion was warranted however I liked her straight away. The white lighsaber/s is so striking! I saw The Clone Wars film years ago and it turned me off the character big time. This portrayal is wise,likeable and interesting :cool:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Sarge likes this.
  5. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Love the Tusken warrior character from Boba Fett.

By the way, did anyone ever figure out what "book of" refers to?

DurararaFTW and Sarge like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hera was an interesting character in Rebels.

7. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    Wasn't there rumors that the Tusken Warrior character was going to be A'sharad Hett...? That could have been interesting...

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Resistance had an interesting premise.

9. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Tera Sinube is a great character.

10. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Star Wars Resistance has pretty colours.

11. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I remember that. I also remember wondering why such a character couldn't join Fett's gotra and be seen in action in the finale. Terrible planning!

12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I loved the N-1 rebuild in BoBF.

Intergalactic Lawman likes this.
  13. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    That's a good one! Ship looks great now. Was not a fan of them at all in TPM... Probably goes hand in hand with my "Everything needs to look beaten up in SW" bias :D

14. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    The actors and their acting and the production design in Andor are top notch.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Star Wars: Resistance had Star Wars in the title. :)

16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Resistance

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have actually laughed the most at the jokes on resistance

18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The Colossus was a great setting with a lot of potential and some really nice world building.

I generally liked a lot of the designs in Resistance.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That's multiple positive things. Let's not go crazy.

20. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    The animation style of Resistance grew on me. I came to like it.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I thought the Rave Club/Brothel in Andor was pretty cool.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  22. Intergalactic Lawman

Nov 26, 2020
    Wait... You aren't a fan of Andor?? Didn't know those people existed [face_tee_hee]

Kenobi - I like the idea of the Inquisitors... Thought it had a lot of potential. Wasn't a huge fan of the execution. The Darth Vader vs Reeva fight was well choreographed though :vader::redsaber:

Mandalorian Season 3 - There is 1 Mandalorian that I keep seeing in the background that has an awesome design! Looks like Din's outfit from the first couple of Season 1 episodes.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    TBB's Marauder is a good-looking variant on traditional Imperial shuttles.

24. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Rebels was enjoyable when the main character wasn't around.

Bibliora and Force Nexus like this.
  25. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    For me Andor was okay, but you're right it just wasn't my cup of tea. Same with Kenobi and TBOBF.