main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

Discussion Post-ST Saga Film Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by JoJo90, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 5

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not convinced it is post ST.

The Regular Mustache and 2Cleva like this.
  2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    When will we get info about these films the way marvel unveiled there slate.

3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 8, 2019
    I think the future of SW first means returning to the past for more story. And by past, I mean the origins of the Force and the Republic. That exploration could plant the roots for post-ST stories.

I don't want someone like Johnson just creating another non-sequitur series of movies from ideas that should just be a separate sci-fi series. That would be a Rian Johnson film, not Star Wars.

Of course, if you had Johnson contribute to the root mythology that led to the Force and Old Republic, then that would address some of my objections. Then again, I don't really want Johnson involved in constructing any root mythology for SW.

I'd like to see more diverse filmmakers -- BIPOC and LGBTQ+ writers and directors -- reimagine the Force and Old Republic. The future of SW is a decolonized, antiracist mythology, and that means no longer privileging white male "auteurs," especially those who treat female and BIPOC characters stereotypically, despite a surface leftism.

I think a good place to start would be with the basic conflict between indigenous spirituality and rigid institutional religion. Related to that conflict would be monarchy vs. burgeoning democracy. Pastoral local economics vs exploitive galactic corporatism.

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 5

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! The post-ST trilogy will come out twenty years from now and will introduce Luke's long lost kid or grandkid. Plus the Empire is back again and there are X-wings, TIES, and stormtroopers all up in this biz.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    Why Would You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave?

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm betting it will be post ST, but personally I would hope it would be post ROTJ. Something similar to the Rogue Squadron novels. I'd also be cool with something between ANH and ESB-though that may be tough without Wedge or Luke.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Sarge likes this.