main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Post-ST Saga Film Speculation

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by JoJo90, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not convinced it is post ST.

The Regular Mustache and 2Cleva like this.
  2. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    When will we get info about these films the way marvel unveiled there slate.

3. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I think the future of SW first means returning to the past for more story. And by past, I mean the origins of the Force and the Republic. That exploration could plant the roots for post-ST stories.

I don't want someone like Johnson just creating another non-sequitur series of movies from ideas that should just be a separate sci-fi series. That would be a Rian Johnson film, not Star Wars.

Of course, if you had Johnson contribute to the root mythology that led to the Force and Old Republic, then that would address some of my objections. Then again, I don't really want Johnson involved in constructing any root mythology for SW.

I'd like to see more diverse filmmakers -- BIPOC and LGBTQ+ writers and directors -- reimagine the Force and Old Republic. The future of SW is a decolonized, antiracist mythology, and that means no longer privileging white male "auteurs," especially those who treat female and BIPOC characters stereotypically, despite a surface leftism.

I think a good place to start would be with the basic conflict between indigenous spirituality and rigid institutional religion. Related to that conflict would be monarchy vs. burgeoning democracy. Pastoral local economics vs exploitive galactic corporatism.

ladygrey45 likes this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Bold Prediction! The post-ST trilogy will come out twenty years from now and will introduce Luke's long lost kid or grandkid. Plus the Empire is back again and there are X-wings, TIES, and stormtroopers all up in this biz.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Why Would You Say Something So Controversial Yet So Brave?

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm betting it will be post ST, but personally I would hope it would be post ROTJ. Something similar to the Rogue Squadron novels. I'd also be cool with something between ANH and ESB-though that may be tough without Wedge or Luke.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  7. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    It’ll be cool to see Jedi popping up all over the galaxy, but divorced from a lot of the religious elements of the old Jedi Order.

So no robes, no zen attitude, no governing council etc. Just regular guys and girls, like Finn, being heroes with lightsabers.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Sarge likes this.
  8. Red_Nodtic

Red_Nodtic Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2021
    I had a series of movies like Star Wars called 'Liquid Forms' which is more futuristic in that it employs psytrance music rather than classical music. So it's about Liquid Planets and lifeforms rather than star fire. A liquid version of space and movie thereof. It involved an emperor and everything, star gazers, wrong doers. Maybe they should create a new thing like that altogether. Like some idea like the emperor stealing force powers from a nest of eggs on some moon and has a duel with a giant mother bird that returns to it. I can't remember the titles but I'll make some now...

Liquid Forms: Detracter Citizen Lemdar
    Liquid Forms 2: The Bright Sputnic Factor
    Liquid Forms 3: Bring Down Melter Planet
    Liquid Forms 4: Swooping To The Dark Space

That sort of thing.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  9. Red_Nodtic

Red_Nodtic Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2021
    Episode 3 is actually: Going Down Melter Planet....

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Perhaps Palpatine’s actions directly caused the dyad. So it’s not a coincident so much as cause and effect. But maybe it’s an unintended effect.

whostheBossk and DarthRamRod like this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

12. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    With regards to the new movies, let’s just turn the timeline back and look at the 30-ish years of relative peace between Return of The Jedi and The Force Awakens... Yes, I know we have the Mandalorian which is set in that era but the galaxy is a HUGE place and there is lots of stories that can still be told...

Perhaps something centering around Han Solo and Chewbacca’s smuggling days after the fall of the Empire while ostracizing his family in the process and breaking them up in the end... Which then leads to the events of The Force Awakens while seeing Ben become the infamous Kylo Ren...

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    DARTH_BELO likes this.
  13. study888

study888 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    I personally dont think reincarnation should be a thing in Star Wars, and I think that Episode IX can be retconned so that Ben survives it so he can marry Rey in Episode 10.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If we’re making up imaginary things that don’t actually exist I’d like to see the David Lynch cut of Return of the Jedi.

EHT, Bilbo Fett, bstnsx704 and 6 others like this.
  15. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I also have felt that there's a potential "treasure trove" of story ideas that could bring about certain films-or even trilogies, really-set between ROTJ and TFA. I mean 30 years is a long time. Re: Han and Chewie, IIRC the book Bloodline said they were at one point doing starship racing...I would love to see some of that as well as the smuggling stuff!

Sarge likes this.
  16. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    I agree and I wanna see the roots of the Jedi I wanna see the first Jedi the first Jedi struggle with the dark side with the right film maker it could be amazing. and it would be a fresh timeline I’m all ready over the mando timeline I wanna see way way back into the past or way into the future.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  17. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    The Dawn of the Jedi series from Dark Horse was pretty awful imo, so hopefully they stay away from that if they do go with the start of the jedi. Even then I'm not really interested in that era. Technically, civilizations would have started using the Force in their Egyptian Era or earlier because it's silly to think a real religion didn't pop up until after galactic governments are formed.

18. Feuerrabe

Feuerrabe Jedi Padawan

Mar 15, 2019
    I am not in favour of family sagas anyway, and I wouldn't mind them to end. However, I don't really think they will.

If we look at the state of the galaxy after Rise of Skywalker a lot of things are unclear. That is in no small part because the state of the galaxy before The Force Awakens is unclear, particularly how we got there from Return of the Jedi. But that's an issue that can be fixed. Rey is in a much more difficult situation after Rise of Skywalker than Luke was after Return of the Jedi. But that's also not a big deal - the Republic itself wasn't even involved in the war between the Resistance and the First Order. It had a few planets blown up under there feet, but the Republic is composed of thousands of planets. Even if they lost their capital they could just say: "Meh, whatever, back to Coruscant then."

So, Lucasfilm could pick up the story with Rey within the next few years and tell a solo story for her to set the stage for the next trilogy... but they also could introduce a few separate story lines, which converge with Rey's after Rise of Skywalker and that way, Lucasfilm could also continue the family saga story telling. Not with the Skywalkers, but in my humble opinion, Kenobi and Tano remain possibilities.

I wouldn't call the following two options "theory", they are much rather wild examples to illustrate that it is possible to come up with something. I phrase them as though they were facts to avoid a knot in my fingers, but I don't mean to imply that either scenario even remotely likely, let alone a fact. The idea is to rely on existing characters as much as possible:

Kenobi
    In this scenario, the Kenobi mini-series will be about a secret romance between Obi-Wan and Satine in the times of adventure they spent together. They were, however, still being chased and constantly in risk of being murdered, they hid that daughter in the unlikeliest place they could find: An old adversary, but an adversary who had a deep sense of honour and family: Clan Wren. Sabine Wren is the biological daughter of Obi-Wan and Satine. Qui-Gon knew about it, but he is the last person to give that away to Jedi Council. The Ahsoka streaming series will also feature Sabine and they save Ezra in the process. Then there will be a big feature film about the battle to liberate Mandalore, set between Return of the Jedi and featuring Din Djarin, Bo Katan and Sabine and they struggle to reunite Mandalore under Mandalorian rule and Ezra and Sabine become a couple and they found a school for Mandalorian light-side Force users (if that makes any sense at all - I am not so sure), separate from the Jedi. They have a son. who becomes a champion of his own Order. In a new trilogy after Rise of Skywalker he may start out as rival of Rey, but they end up as a couple.

Tano
    That one's more tricky, because Ahsoka is not human. She is actually a different species - by the definition of the word that means that she cannot have children with humans, at least not fertile children of either gender. However, let's forget about the semantics and biology in our space fantasy adventure. Ahsoka was born in 35 BBY, for her to have a son that can at least potentially hook up with Rey, I'd say he should be no more than five years older than Rey. So, he would have to be born in 10 ABY. That would make Ahsoka 45 years old at the time - that's not perfect but it works and we can always say hat Togruta age a little slower than humans - and if anybody deserves to settle down it's Ahsoka. Personally I don't wish her to die a virgin, aynway. The problem is potential mates:
    • Lux Bonteri? Absolutely not! He thanked for for saving his life by tasering her into unconsciousness, abducting her half way across the galaxy, stealing her lightsabers, brought her into a situation where she had to pose as nice obedient dumb bimbo, in which she had to save his life again, only for Lux to abandon her in a ship drifting without cockpit in space, because he didn't want to suffer the consequences of his actions and stand by her.
    • Luke? Nah. Even if we were willing to ignore the age gap of 16 years on top of the difference in species... given her relationship with Anakin, she is virtually Luke's aunt. Ahsoka would never do anything of the kind, that'd be sick.
    Ok, screw the Tano idea. Let Ahsoka have a family and settle back on her home world, there is just proper mate I could think of that is already in the story, but eternal celibate and no romance whatsoever still feels unfair towards Ahsoka, especially considering that she is not strictly a Jedi.

Skywalker
    George Lucas always rejected the idea of Luke engaging in a relationship (no attachments, and so forth...), let alone having a child and disagreed with any such stories in the extended universe. To that I must reply: "George, you will find one day that many family sagas we cling to depend greatly on our hero's willingness to procreate." It doesn't have to be a long thing episode, just introduce Mara Jade for long enough and the Skywalker saga doesn't have to end at all. In the extended universe the name of that child would be "Ben", but we kinda used that up already, so you might as well call the boy "Jacen" (and if Star Wars is supposed to come together in a future trilogy and reunite the fanbase, it would better be a boy.)

The "Old Republic" timeline managed to pull a particular stunt in that regard:
    Satale Shan, the Grand Master of the Jedi Order in BioWare's MMO "The Old Republic", has a son, a slip in her youth as she fell in love with trooper, who was the only survivor of a great battle (see the "Hope" trailer for "The Old Republic") That did not stop her from becoming Grand Master later on, even though the Jedi Order is supposedly very conservative and restrictive in that time line. However, that was anything but a unique incident. Satele Shan (and therefore her son Theron Shan, who is not force sensitive) decent in a direct line, over 300 years from Revan and Bastilla Shan. Many of the members of that line were Jedi and yet they somehow managed to procreate over ~ 8 - 12 generations, in spite of the Jedi Order being very conservative. All of which probably just happened to be short slips and lapses in judgement, I suppose.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  19. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Dune, now with at least ten times more Ewoks accidentally being referred to as Wookiees!

20. Feuerrabe

Feuerrabe Jedi Padawan

Mar 15, 2019
    Neither am I. While Patty Jenkins made it clear that it is not based on the book or the games, she did say that she takes cues from said sources. I suspect the setting will be similar. I can only guess that she means the X-Wing series and particularly the legends book "Star Wars: X-Wing: Rogue Squadron" by Michael Stackpole, originally released in 1996. That would put it post Return of the Jedi. According to the Wookiepedia, the book is set in 6.5 After Battle Yavin, two and a half years after the Battle of Endor, however, I don't expect that to correspond precisely and I suspect Hera Syndulla will be an important character, besides Wedge Antilles.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    whostheBossk likes this.
  21. Feuerrabe

Feuerrabe Jedi Padawan

Mar 15, 2019
    Sorry about that previous post... this is obviously rubbish:

I forgot to consider the time between A Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. Yes, Sabine was born during the Clone Wars, but to fit the above suggestion one had to make her either 11 years older, upon which the whole model collapses, or argue that she was was conceived during "Voyage of Temptation", The Clone Wars S02 E13, born in the same year, and nobody noticed that Satine was pregnant during that year.

22. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    No I don’t want any movies in between timelines it’s boring like save that for the shows something fresh

23. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I think most fans like the ST as well. However, for this Fan, I do NOT love the ST like I do 1-6. I just went on a binge watch of the ST and PT. The creativity, scope, scale, and epic-ness of the ST wasn't there for me. Again, it's just preferences, so nothing I'm saying is fact. But the PT, the look of everything, the scope of it, the battles, everything was just several notches above the ST. I actually love the "pop/pulpish" feel of the PT. They way they textured everything. Again, just the way I see it.

I miss GLs involvement greatly.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  24. Feuerrabe

Feuerrabe Jedi Padawan

Mar 15, 2019
    From what I hear George Lucas is involved, particularly in the streaming shows, in the capacity of a consultant. I cannot be sure, of course, but my impression is that George Lucas visits the Lucasfilm frequently and particularly Dave Filoni bounces ideas off of him. I do strongly suspect that some of George Lucas' ideas regarding the Force will end up in Star Wars. The one thing I am pretty sure that George Lucas won't be involved ever again is writing romantic dialogue.