main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm running chrome, too. But on a chrome notebook

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    This also happened to me just a few minutes ago.

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Having trouble posting, well, notification that my post went through. I have to refresh to see if my post showed up.

Edit: of course, it's working fine for this post. Go figure. :p

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    This is the magical thread and is free of glitches. :p

5. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Hi guys...how can u access the saved drafts?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    When you reload the page, right then or later in the day, the last saved draft will be waiting for you in the text box. This doesn't apply if you already posted it, which deletes the draft. Only one draft can be saved per thread; each new save (including auto-saves) overwrites the last, and I think they self-delete after a day or two.

The feature is not meant for intentionally saving drafts of a post you're working on over several sessions, but as a guard against accidental page navigation, browser or computer crashes, and similar mishaps while in the middle of writing a post. If you want to work on a post over multiple sessions, something like Google Docs works much better.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  7. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    Thanks for clearing that up for me @jcgoble3!:)

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Master Hector

Master Hector Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2018
    Hello there:obiwan:
    This might the wrong thread to ask this, BUT
    Are we allowed to use swear words? I often use them on online boards, but am completely willing to respect forum rules if they say otherwise

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    These boards are family-friendly so the major swear words are off-limits.

11. Master Hector

Feb 7, 2018
    Thank you! :)
    righto

12. Master Hector

Feb 7, 2018
    How do I delete posts?
    I accidentally posted 3 posts on the Meet The Skywalkers thread

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can report one of the posts and just give 'duplicate post' as the reason, or you can PM one of the forum mods that's online for a cleanup. The report will usually be quicker as all of the mods online can see reports. However, I can do cleanup for you if I can find the thread.

Edit - cleanup done.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep. There seems to be a lot of double and triple posts. Is it because of the traffic or something else?

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've sent the SOS email to Grahame and Philip. There are a ton of Elasticsearch (and a few other error messages) in the Server Log. It may be a recurrance of the problems we've been having with the hosting company.

17. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    To prevent double and triple posting, I've had to refresh the page while a post is loading in from me.

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It acts like posts are not going through (the main page is not updating), but they really are. When you click on the individual boards/threads, it shows the new posts just fine, but the 'draft' is still visible in the post reply box as if it never went through.

I also stopped receiving alerts since this problem popped up.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Question has the search function stopped working or is it just temporarily off?

20. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I post in a thread, the page hangs loading. I click 'watched threads', which loads quickly. I see my own post in that thread at the top of the list (as if I'm being alerted of my own post).

IDK if that makes sense to read.

ETA: Then when I come back, minutes later, to click on the thread to see if there are any posts after mine, a draft of my post appears in the text box. Maybe that means something.

FETA: Also I need to click Save Changes twice in the edit box.

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @V-2 that makes perfect sense. :confused: I get alerts of my own posts in conversations in lieu of just other participants. And [face_laugh] on my Watched Threads page, I got an alert of my post in this thread. ;)

22. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    What's going on with the alerts and posts? There seems to be a lot of lag and no alerts.

23. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I just sent a PM/conversation post, and it showed up in my own Inbox as an unread message. So I concur that things are being wonky today.

24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Absolutely zero email notifications for watched threads are coming in, and many of the "latest post" listings on the home page of the forums (http://boards.theforce.net/) are outdated.

25. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I keep trying to update my avatar, and all I get are messages that say "server error, try again later." :(