main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    When I click the "Post Reply" button it gives no indication that the post was made. The issue is similar to what was happening before the server change.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We're also getting Elasticsearch errrors in the server log. Grahame thinks there might still be an issue with the site host.

3. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hey everyone:)

I was wondering if you can hide your online status so people don't realize I'm such a dork for being online so much. :-B
    And cause I've noticed people I follow aren't appearing online. :confused:

please tag me[face_praying]

thank you^:)^

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    pronker likes this.
  4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Once there was a 'show/hide online status' button; is that removed?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It might have been. I tried looking at my own profile and didn't see anything.

pronker likes this.
  6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I was trying to find that the other day as well.

pronker likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    There definitly used to be one, but I don’t think it’s around anymore.

pronker likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have a feeling it went away when we upgraded. It could have been a feature that was discontinued or we had a plugin for it that didn't work with the new Xenforo version.

Jar-Jar Binks and pronker like this.
  9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I have found that I needed to reload the screen several times in order to log in successfully.

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Is the board lagging again? I accidentally sent somebody a single message three times (or even four) and I did not mean to. :( I thought that it was a 502 or that the mySQL server (or MariaDB, whatever) had "gone away", so I kept on refreshing and reposting and boom, there was a wall of text at once. :_|:_|:_|

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's possible. I don't know as I wasn't on earlier. No new errors in the server log though.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Then it's probably my ISP lagging. Thanks. :)

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You weren't the only one. The site was not loading early.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    For me as well. Though it didn't thankfully last too long. Mostly in the A.M. timeframe so far. Nothing in the afternoon. [face_shhh]

Ewok Poet likes this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Is there any way to set spoiler tags to be automatically open for you on a given thread? There doesn't seem to be, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So it seems I no longer have access to posting rights in New Films-spoilers allowed. I have no clue why.

17. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still have access to post in No spoilers allowed however.

19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    This issue appears to be connected to what appears to be (what I hope to be) the boards' April Fools joke, which is replacing the spoilers allowed forum with the New Films Gusher's Paradise where no negativity of any kind is allowed. The actual spoiler forum seems to have been hidden for the duration of this joke.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That makes sense to me.

21. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    No wonder, I can't wait for it to end!

22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I kinda like that joke better than the one we got. Cliqueing scares me.

23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Sorry for double post.

Just to let you know that you made an emotionally unstable person who needs love and understanding feel REALLY, REALLY bad. For one, the last year's thing was actually funny. Cute. Word replacement macros are a benign thing. This is not.

Some people unrelated to team in any way (no family relationships, not romantic partners) seem to be in onto this. And that's not fair to us who struggle with the sense of belonging, struggle with being a part of something. You have awakened a bunch of my traumatic experiences, from early childhood to summer last year and it took me months, months to stabilise after I spent a significant of time living like a plant. I don't even have money for clothing detergent right now, yet some people dare to continue lashing onto me. Want to make POLITICAL jokes? Well, come and live here. Come and live in a country where people are born with sense of inadequacy, feeling like they have no place in this world and that things will never be okay.

I wish this post had been a joke like most of the posts I had made today. But it is not, I cannot stop crying and I feel like I was stabbed straight through the heart.

Just like you acknowledge various kinds of Christmases and allow people to subtly spread religious propaganda, please do make a resolution to make topics that may trigger the people from what you call "second" and "third" world and remind them of their harsh reality - bum of all jokes, stereotyped with tropes such as Rurithania, Elbonia, Republica de Banana, Bulingi, Qurac, cheap workforce for you. Keep the controversial stuff to JCC, as well as cliques and in-crowd. We have enough pain the way it is. We're the Proles of 1984. This is our Nibiru.

That's it. Back to crying under my duvet. :( :( :(

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Is there any way to see what Threads you have created in the past?

25. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Go to your profile, click on the Postings tab, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a link that says "Find all threads by (user)."

Should be noted though that it may not return every single thread you've made as there still seems to be a quite a bit of post history missing due to all the past instances of the search function being disabled.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.