main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everything is working smoothly on my end! Keep up the good work!

pronker likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    No, that wasn't it.

Very odd.

I just tried to manually cut and paste a line of text into a quote just now, and instead of the line that I just [ctrl+c]'d, what turned up was the entirety of my missing post. I don't know what the heck is going on. However, no harm, no foul. I'll try and post it again.

Thanks for looking, LAJ

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That likely means you never posted it, and it got saved as a draft.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just want to report a slow down again on the boards. Not as bad as before but it seems to start slowing down again

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    @Grahame - is our web scraper back under another IP? Things seem fine for me currently.

7. Grahame

Grahame Former Server Admin star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    Nothing I can see for CPU spikes in the last 24 hours (yes, we have this data now!!) upload_2019-11-7_8-28-59.png

pronker, LAJ_FETT and DarthIshyZ like this.
  8. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    Hate to do this, but I need to bounce the forum to add space for the RS forum backups (we back up RS->TFN and visa versa). Since the RS upgrade their backups are bigger and I haven't got a good backup since go-live which is scary. It'll be 5 minutes or less, in fact by the time you read this it'll already be done.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, it's obviously done. Thanks for letting us know!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  10. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I've been falling for 30 minutes!

11. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    Read it and weep, suckers who are still on Xenforo 1.5 - v2 includes automatic upgrades! upload_2019-11-7_11-54-24.png

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nice until you get a buggy version - can you also downgrade to your previous version if there are problems?

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  13. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    That's what backups are for - I think your biggest issue would be with the add-ons anyway. You can select whether you want only stable releases or beta as well, so as long as you stick to stable there shouldn't be any major bugs that would require a rollback.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I only ask because I've had enough issues with Windows updates applying automatically that I don't let them do that anymore. I always Google the KB number before letting it download and install.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
    pronker and DarthIshyZ like this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Snap.

Ever since my auto-update announced it was upgrading me to Windows 10, I put a stop to its' little red truck, and do the same.

Although for KB lookout, it is only the OS upgrade that I target.

16. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    You guys must do some weird shiz to have issues like that - I apply every major windows update immediately, often earlier than the public release if it has something I want. I live in Windows 10, for 16 out of 24 hours my whole life revolves around it and I don't have any problems with it at all. I currently have 6 x Windows 10 boxes (work desktop, home desktop, home laptop, racing simulator rig and 2 work virtual machines) and they all work flawlessly. The Race Sim even runs the latest "Fast Ring" Windows Insider builds so it's even more bleeding-edge and still it works.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like the backup might have filled a disk - we've got a bunch of 'Unable to send email' messages in the server error log. I've already sent the SOS email but it's too early for people in the US to be up. The messages started around the time of the backup.

18. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I keep getting a 500 Internal Server Error. Is that me or is that the site?

19. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    500 errors are always server side FYI - @LAJ_FETT was right the disk filled up

pronker, LAJ_FETT and Bazinga'd like this.
  20. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No issues for me so far!

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thankfully not for me either. @};-

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Email issue from earlier has cleared - no more errors in the server log at this point.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    So, I guess they were corrected before they became a mistake as Thrawn has said. ;)

24. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks Grahame, much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Grahame

Sep 3, 2012
    I just replaced Elasticsearch with a brand new version (we went from 1.8 to 7.4) but it requires a complete index rebuild which will take a while. Just letting you know if things don't show up when you search on in "my content" etc.