main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Don't think so..

Princess_Tina likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    This is the dark mode. There is a light mode, but it is too broken to use.

Juliet316 and Princess_Tina like this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that the certificate has been updated for this site.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I can't choose the books prefix whenever I create a thread in literature, so every time there is a new announcement I have to ask a mod to add it. Is there a way I could add it by myself?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You can actually. You just delete the default Lit tag and click in the box for more options.

6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I just checked, I can't. The only choices I have are Lit, Reviews, Comics and A/V (I don't see A&A either).

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I see what the problem is - those two prefixes aren't available to regular users for some reason. I know what the fix is but I'll check with the Lit mods to make sure they weren't specifically set up that way.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK - Lit mods have said that A&A was meant to be for mod use only as it is for official Authors and Artists threads. However, Books should be usable by regular users. @Ancient Whills - I've updated the Books tag for regular users. Can you see/use it now?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Sith-I-5 and Gamiel like this.
  9. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    @LAJ_FETT Just checked again, I see it now. Thanks for the help.

Sith-I-5 and LAJ_FETT like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No problem!

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I know there is a way to change the time, but I can’t figure it out. I want to change from one time one to another. Is this possible?

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - click on your user name in the right hand corner and go to 'Preferences'. You'll see a 'Time Zone' section. You can change your time there. Don't forget to click on 'Save Changes' at the bottom.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Thank you

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Why does the green indicator on your avatar still appear sometimes after you've logged out?

I even cleared all my history and cache and all that, brought up a new window, and it's still there while I'm logged out. This has happened a couple of times in recent memory, including just now.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure - I haven't noticed it. It could be that those are cleared by a chron task that runs every few minutes (same type of process that updates post dates, for example).

16. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    No worries. I noticed it once before and then just forgot about it. But then it happened last night again. And it has stayed there for a couple of minutes. Even after clearing all the history and bringing up a new browser and whatnot. Sometimes I just check after I've logged out to see if I misspelled something.

17. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I see that some people are able to make a customized title of their spoiler tags. How do they do that?

What I mean is that rather than "Spoiler" I might like to write something else when I do this :

pronker and Coruscant like this.
  18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    People can - see the BB Code information in our Help section. However some users have reported that this breaks the spoiler tag on some mobile devices so you might inadvertently spoil someone if you use it.

pronker, 3sm1r and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Just put [ spoiler= blah]

Example
    blah

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Works as follows:

(Spoiler=title) stuff (/spoiler)

But with square brackets.

DarthIshyZ, pronker and 3sm1r like this.
  21. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    cool

DarthIshyZ, pronker and Iron_lord like this.
  22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    On Tapatalk at least this issue has been fixed, and I believe that's the only place where that was an issue, so it should no longer be a concern.

jcgoble3, pronker and 3sm1r like this.
  23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    That's good to know. I don't use it so I'm not familiar with the innards of it.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Going to put this here instead of the maintenance thread since it's an ongoing global issue:

Internet Backbone Issues Causing Connectivity Drops and Packet Loss
    08/30/20 12:48 pm UTC

We are currently observing connectivity issues affecting multiple data centers due to tier-1 carrier problems affecting the Internet at large. This is known to be directly affecting multiple locations in North America as well as several in Europe. Additional locations may also be affected.

Our network engineers are actively working to mitigate the issues with routing updates while the upstream providers resolve the major outage issues.

Thank you for understanding.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002