main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post technical questions and issues here. Yes, the layout is slightly different!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 2, 2012.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Ewoks aren't cannibals if they eat humans... it's a different species. :-B

3. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I have to ask...when you dance with an Ewok, who leads? :p

DarthIshyZ, Sarge and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You can dance with an Ewok
    You can leave your troops behind
    'Cause your troops don't dance
    And if they don't dance
    Well, they're fodder for mine

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    [face_rofl]
    That's terrific.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    @Sarge is on a roll today!

Sarge, Bardan_Jusik and DarthIshyZ like this.
  7. Ash_Skywalker

Ash_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2021
    Happened to me like this when I first created my account and the next day I was able to upload my Avatar

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well this is new
    Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 10.06.49 AM.png

jcgoble3 likes this.
  9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    F

Dandelo likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    F in the chat for the forum

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Seems OK to me.
    If you get an error changing your avatar please post the message here.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    "Details Here" for the forums... with a large "F"... seems right to me.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    But seriously, how do I fix this? It's only happening on Firefox, and not always consistently. Clearing cookies and cache has not helped.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If it's still happening and only on Firefox you can try the following:
    If you aren't on the latest release try updating to it.
    If the above doesn't work or isn't applicable, try disabling any addons/extensions one at a time to see if that makes a difference. If it does, you've found the culprit. If there's an option to whitelist a site, add boards.theforce.net and re-enable the addon to see if that's fixed the problem.

I'm on the latest Firefox version and haven't had the problem yet. Addons I have are Ad Block Plus, Disable Autoplay, and I Don't Care About Cookies.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    No luck after disabling all my extensions. The only one that would potentially affect it is Ublock, but I've had that for years with no issue, and I have it on Chrome where I'm posting from now yet no issue here.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  17. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Lame question alert (and lament): My 11 year old Kindle died. I used to read PDF or Mobi files on it (stories:cool:) but especially rtf's, and it seems likely I can use my Android 4G phone for reading, but what is the procedure? Send stuff from Amazon to my phone #? Some intermediary app thingy? I'm taking a long bus trip soon.[face_hypnotized] Thanks for any info.

18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    There is a Kindle app for Android that you can use. :)

pronker likes this.
  19. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Thanks. I'll play with it. It'll likely do books and I hope it does docs as well. :)

DarthIshyZ and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    It does. I was using it for a pdf just yesterday.

pronker likes this.
  21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    iPhones can inherently read .pdfs and .rtfs. in their documents app, so I imagine androids have something similar.

But yes, pretty much anything you can read on a Kindle you can read on the Kindle apps.
    This didn't work, but I might have found my own workaround by deleting individual history items (I had a lot for this domain). Fingers crossed but the issue has been gone since I did that.

LAJ_FETT and pronker like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    pronker likes this.
  23. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    The Kindle app works well, thanks to everyone for the information. I'm back in the market for a Kindle, though, because 50 percent of the time I read outdoors, which means too much glare on the phone to make out the words. I'll likely wait for Black Friday.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I bought a Kindle Paperwhite back in 2018 and I've had good luck with it. However if you read a lot of digital magazines or comics you might want something like a Fire tablet as they are color.

jcgoble3, pronker and DarthIshyZ like this.
  25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Lamest question ever department: upon visiting TFN this morning, surprisingly the borders are each black and 1.5 inches wide and the print is tiny. I cleared the cache, signed out and signed in again and it's still like this in Chrome, latest version; I've not tried Edge. Without needing to use + each time, how can I fix this to my normal viewing mode? No other site such as Gmail, tumblr, twitter, LiveJournal or Dreamwidth displayed any changes this morning. :(