main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Post Your CCG Collecting Related Questions Here

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Apr 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    It depends. Vader's Obsession is neccessary for Epic Duel and a lot of players have found room for Run, Luke, Run in their Bring Hinm Before Me decks. However, both of those cards are available has black-bordered foils in Reflections 2. The other four cards in the set don't see much, if any, action--except for maybe Docking Control Room 327 which is only good in a couple decks.

The bottom line is, if you want/need to use Vader's Obsession and/or Run, Luke, Run and you don't want to open the box up see if you can find the foil versions. Otherwise, I would go ahead an open it.

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    actually I have VO and R,L,R. So what you are tellin' me is it's a bunch of crappy cards?

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, basically. The two characters are next-to-impossible to use, and the sites aren't all that great, except for maybe the Docking Control Room 327 (unlimited docking bays, baby!). Also, the box only comes with just one pack of Premiere, which is definitely not worth the cost.

4. Gold_5

Gold_5 Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2001
    To keep it sealed or to open it up? That is the the question that has plagued collectors for ages.... I mean, what fun is it just sitting in it's packaging??

Well thank goodness most people open it up. or otherwise we wouldn't have much of a gaming community. I too am a collector/gamer, but while I fall into the Collector side a bit heavier than the gamer side, I find that I busted several of these sets open as well as kept one or two sealed.

So for the cards inside, I would bust it. Unless you already have plenty of the exclusive ones that you need. You'll get 3 Run Luke Runs, and 3 Vader's Obsessions, (along with 3 lame Vaders & 3 lame Lukes) but you will get 2 exclusive sites that aren't available anywhere else.

Plus, the Booster pack might hold a surprise. Obi? FarmBoy? Falcon? Tarkin?
    and I even opened some that had Black Border Limited premiere packs in them. The earliest (1st wave) of these games had the limited packs in them. Nice.

Go for it! and Good luck on your pull.

(lemme see.... that's one less sealed in the world, my sealed one just went up in value of.... $0.0001 ) :)

Hope this helps.

Jim Colson
    Gold 5
    aka the Ubercollector

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.