main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I feel like the First Order was a Darwinian Petri dish for Palpatine to assess and weed out the weak and determine his best, brightest and strongest. Not only between Kylo Ren vs Snoke or Hux vs Cannady vs Pevi vs Pryde and the other senior staff but also the scientists and fleets and youth. The best would rise and gain enemies and need to show calculating talent to overcome the backstabbing and rise up. This was everyone’s opportunity to produce and provide value while he watched from the shadows waiting for the final iteration to be worthy of the Final Order and the return of the Sith.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  2. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 13, 2020
    In TLJ does the First Order only have a couple of ships?

Why doesn’t a whole fleet of them just hyperspace jump in to the system in front of the Raddus?

For that matter, why doesn’t one of the FO ships chasing the Raddus jump out and then jump back in system in front of them?

Is this the classic overconfidence cat and mouse thing?

3. Doctor76

Doctor76 Jedi Knight

Dec 27, 2016
    The Emperors throne room wasn't in the Death Star. It was at the top of a tower, the Wayfinder dagger in the film makes it seem like the throne room was inside the Death star.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  4. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Yeah. That's what I thought, too. He looked at it as some sort of demented social experiment. He likes to do that with beings in general. Scary, but true to character. Do you subscribe to the view that he's a speciesist? Or do you think he hates all sentient beings equally?

5. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Is the New Republic still a thing on any meaningful level? Is the idea of a singular unified government back by popular demand or does the galaxy feel like taking a break from that for a while?

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    All of the Rogue One bashers whining about how Tarkin and Leia looked fake in that movie doesn't have ANY right saying that now. The de-aged Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher likenesses in rise of skywalker was absolutely atrocious! They looked like cartoon characters that you'd see on the cartoon network for god sakes.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's been a while since I saw the film, but I'm pretty sure the dagger points directly at the tower. I might be wrong though.
    EDIT: and just a sidenote - I realize that I'm a bit of an idiot at times, but it wasn't until a few years ago I realized that the throne room was in the tower. I had only seen the film about a thousand times by then. :p

That has nothing to do with this topic.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  8. Rebel on Toprawa

Rebel on Toprawa Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2020
    So no one gets off-topic in these forums? I kind of find that hard to believe. Go ahead and delete my account you goddamn ****!

9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Straying a bit off topic whilst having a discussion is one thing, coming into a random thread to post something completely unrelated is another. Now, I'm not going to delete your account; I won't even ban you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as you're new here, and just ask you to read the rules of the forums. This is a pretty nice place generally, and we'd be more than happy to have you here to contribute to discussions as long as you follow our rules - just like everyone else does.
    Also, please don't call me or anyone else here names. It's rude.

10. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    The chunk of wreckage that landed in the ocean was piled up from pieces and the tower had broken away from its moorings, landing in the position marked out by the sith assassin dagger's shape. We can surmise that the blade was made to attract and guide Rey to the wayfinder one day, since Ochi served the Emperor directly. He might not have understood the purpose behind everything but using the dagger to kill her parents apparently gave it an aura that would intrigue her and draw her in to the dark side and ultimately to Exegol.

MarcJordan and Iron_lord like this.
  11. StuntHelmet

StuntHelmet Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2020
    What’s everyone’s take on why Kylo reforged the mask and began wearing it again?

12. cratylus

cratylus Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 9, 2001
    His personal motives and the thematic significance are two different questions but I assume you mean the former. I think it reflects a renewal of his desire to emulate and rival Darth Vader, since he's finally met the true Dark Lord of the Sith. He's also just been to Darth Vader's castle recently, so maybe he's really feeling it more. Lastly, Snoke isn't around anymore to pick on him about the mask.

StuntHelmet likes this.
  13. StuntHelmet

Jan 3, 2020
    Getting ready to talk to Rey for the first time in over a year probably plays a role too I’d imagine.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Kylo wants to finish what Darth Vader was unable to complete. He just learned Vader did not destroy his master. If Kylo thought becoming Supreme Leader meant he successfully passed up Vader's ambitions, having the Emperor return means he didn't.

The helmet means he's back in character to climb the ladder of his ambitions. There could also be a security factor. Learning the voices he heard came from the Emperor, Kylo may just feel better protected with the helmet on. Even if it doesn't do anything other than make him feel more in control.

StuntHelmet likes this.
  15. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    As we see in The Force Awakens, BB8 can fly a ship. Why is it that in The Rise of Skywalker BB8 does not just do Holdo Maneuvers into Exegol?

16. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
  17. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    What was happening in scene where Kylo put his hand on Vader's helmet? Was he having visions? I think it was shown side by side with Rey in the forest, and she had a vision, too I think (of the ship taking her parents away, and something else too but I don't recall exactly). Was he somehow communicating with her then, too? Kylo just strides purposefully away at the end of the scene, as if he realized something, or something was confirmed in his mind.

18. StuntHelmet

Jan 3, 2020
    Seemed like he was able to take control of the little training remote by doing that. Foreshadows how he will push her further later on in the film

19. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    He was actually controlling the droid? That kind of blows my mind.

I thought he was just trying to push her to the dark side by frustrating her, and messing with her training. She gets angry and careless as a result.

That makes sense though.

Also he is having dark side flashbacks and using it to push that darkness on her. To contrast the end of the movie I believe.

I think we get a glimpse of a memory of Palpatine talking to Ben/Kylo as Vader with the "Join me."

dinnertime likes this.
  20. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Where are my porgs?

21. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Because JJ thought it looked cool.

22. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Keeping the Resistance on the run could be a lure to draw in Rey. If Palpatine is pulling the strings he needs time for the Final Order to be ready.

Iron_lord and ThatOneGuy like this.
  23. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Did Han ever tell it to Kanjiklub?

24. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Yes.

QUESTION: Where is C-3PO during the battle of Exegol????

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  25. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    How did part of the Death Star reform and land on that planet after we saw it blown to bits in ROTJ?