main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sounds like a story for another time.

LedReader and Riv_Shiel like this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thread merge.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That is possible and likely, only thing that gives me pause is the reader is medallion shaped (and looks like the Imperial symbol too)

[​IMG]

Or it's just like an adaptor or something, either Medallions have always been a thing or the FO adapted it for data readers.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    StartCenterEnd likes this.
  4. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 26, 2020
    My questions:
    In TLJ, Luke has a compass or something in his hut. In the flashback scene, there's one just like it in Ben's hut. What's the significance?
    How come Luke knows Rey's a Palpatine, but in TLJ didn't know who she was?
    How come Hux didn't find out who really killed Snoke - there were apparently cameras in the lift and throne room on the Supremacy.
    Rey wore her hair in three buns so if her parents returned they'd recognise her. Why did she carry on wearing her hair like that in TROS?
    And finally.....
    How come Kylo survived a shot in the gut on Starkiller, and his ship blowing up on Pasadena.....yet promptly pegged out after a kiss from Rey????

5. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I noticed that. I figured it was to echo they were both once Jedi.
    There is also an old-timey pen on Ben's desk with the "compass" and his saber. To me it is imagery that Ben started out a true student before succumbing to the quick and easy path. He even knocks the pen off the desk as he force-grabs his saber when he thinks Luke is trying to kill him.
    Good question.

"Because you're a Palpatine. Leia knew". "She didn't tell me. She still trained me."
    Luke and Leia have been communicating between TLJ and TROS I believe. Hence Rey's frustration that she can't reach him like Leia can.
    I think Luke's repeated "who are you?!" in TLJ remains sincere.
    And I felt the growth he has undergone since TLJ - "Rey, there are things that are stronger than blood." - was a fitting sign off for his arc.

They believed him at first I think. Most of the F.O would have been too scared to confront the Supreme Leader even if they'd found out later, anyway.

Look good, fight good :p

He was pretty hate fueled on SKB. And the shot still slowed him down.
    I will give you the ship crash, that was bizarre.

He went through a lot before actually dying though. Stabbed by Rey and then healed actually made his year- old face scar disappear. It is like the Kylo part of him literally died.
    Then he gets beat up by the KOR. Then after triumphantly joining Rey at her side they are instantly (kind of tragically) drained of all their life-force. Ben is thrown down a chasm. Notice he is limping when he gets back to Rey.

Then, most importantly, he died by choice. He used every part of him he had left to ress Rey. Gave her his everything.

The kiss was probably just a bucket-list priority :p
    As was the smile ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    LedReader, HevyDevy and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    The TIE fighter that Ben flies to Exegol in the final act... Did he find it in the Death Star ruins?

8. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    What's real impressive is that it has a hyperdrive, even though most TIEs during the OT lacked them

I'd have believed Rey just pulled him through the Force like he did with her necklace and lightsaber

cwustudent likes this.
  9. The Senate

The Senate Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 12, 2020
    It was a scout class tie which are equipped with hyper drives.Dont ask how it will still functionable.

10. LedReader

LedReader Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2019
    Was a thing that existed in canon before or did they invent it for TROS?

11. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Did he go to Exegol from Kef Bir? He's holding what appears to be Lando's blaster, the one in the Aftermath novel (Matt Martin more or less implied that to be the case)

MarcJordan likes this.
  12. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    How does Kathleen Kennedy still have a job with LFL?

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    How is that being questioned.

14. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    How and why did the Falcon get back the round dish?!

15. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    They probably just found a similar one. The rectangular one was lost on Crait, wasn't it?

16. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    Was it? I need to check on that again!

Lulu Mars likes this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I just double-checked to be sure :)
    It's very easy to miss, 'cause it happens during a wide shot of the Falcon in a narrow cave section, with a barrage of TIE lasers in the air. One of the TIE fighters blasts it.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    PendragonM, KyleKartan and Iron_lord like this.
  18. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    THX! Just read on wookieepedia :D

PendragonM, MarcJordan and Lulu Mars like this.
  19. Resistance_Man

Resistance_Man Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    What happened to Palpatine's vat of Snokes? Because when Rey arrives on Exegol we see the same vat/chamber but it's empty. What happened to them?

Watcherwithin likes this.
  20. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    When will the Dark Side be completely destroyed? Antichrist Palpatine died, but the evil Dark Side still exists. I knew episode 9 would not answer that question. Still something to think about.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Why didn't they think of that? If Rey wanted to take Ben's hand, could she have done that? Reach out, like the hut scene, and pull him through to herself, like he pulled the necklace to himself? -Miss Topportunities

Edit: Could anyone explain Rey's father, please? I read the Wook article, and I'm not a mathematician, but born 4 ABY and died 21 ABY?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If he was fast-growing, like all the Grand Army clones, that's quite workable.

23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    My understanding is that Palpatine intended to inhabit the clone "son." Why would Palpatine want a body that ages quicker?

PendragonM likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Why would he want to spend a decade as a small child? There are advantages to ageing quicker as well as disadvantages - especially if you can keep on cloning.

The "son" didn't turn out the way Palpatine wanted - no Force-sensitivity - but I could see the rapid ageing being on purpose.

The other option is that Wookieepedians misinterpreted what the book actually said - and it's intended that Palpatine created him well before ANH.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  25. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    Those AOTC clones reached adulthood after 10 years. So maybe that's when the son/clone was discarded, ten years after ROTJ, and then another option -another vessel- was considered. Ben was sent away when he was 11 - and approached earlier. (In TROS, Palpatine wanted to possess Kylo I think, but he turned; and then Palpatine chose Rey)

Iron_lord likes this.