main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. The Boards Are Now Reopened For Business:

READ THIS: your ability to post here depends upon it.. See the new rules thread here. Bans can and will be handed out to anyone who doesn't abide by the forum rules.

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Sounds like a story for another time.

LedReader and Riv_Shiel like this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 ST/Anthology/Fan Films Manager and Ewok Enthusiast star 5 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thread merge.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 7

Nov 12, 2012
    That is possible and likely, only thing that gives me pause is the reader is medallion shaped (and looks like the Imperial symbol too)

[​IMG]

Or it's just like an adaptor or something, either Medallions have always been a thing or the FO adapted it for data readers.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    StartCenterEnd likes this.
  4. sian1965

sian1965 Jedi Padawan star 3

Apr 26, 2020
    My questions:
    In TLJ, Luke has a compass or something in his hut. In the flashback scene, there's one just like it in Ben's hut. What's the significance?
    How come Luke knows Rey's a Palpatine, but in TLJ didn't know who she was?
    How come Hux didn't find out who really killed Snoke - there were apparently cameras in the lift and throne room on the Supremacy.
    Rey wore her hair in three buns so if her parents returned they'd recognise her. Why did she carry on wearing her hair like that in TROS?
    And finally.....
    How come Kylo survived a shot in the gut on Starkiller, and his ship blowing up on Pasadena.....yet promptly pegged out after a kiss from Rey????

5. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    I noticed that. I figured it was to echo they were both once Jedi.
    There is also an old-timey pen on Ben's desk with the "compass" and his saber. To me it is imagery that Ben started out a true student before succumbing to the quick and easy path. He even knocks the pen off the desk as he force-grabs his saber when he thinks Luke is trying to kill him.
    Good question.

"Because you're a Palpatine. Leia knew". "She didn't tell me. She still trained me."
    Luke and Leia have been communicating between TLJ and TROS I believe. Hence Rey's frustration that she can't reach him like Leia can.
    I think Luke's repeated "who are you?!" in TLJ remains sincere.
    And I felt the growth he has undergone since TLJ - "Rey, there are things that are stronger than blood." - was a fitting sign off for his arc.

They believed him at first I think. Most of the F.O would have been too scared to confront the Supreme Leader even if they'd found out later, anyway.

Look good, fight good :p

He was pretty hate fueled on SKB. And the shot still slowed him down.
    I will give you the ship crash, that was bizarre.

He went through a lot before actually dying though. Stabbed by Rey and then healed actually made his year- old face scar disappear. It is like the Kylo part of him literally died.
    Then he gets beat up by the KOR. Then after triumphantly joining Rey at her side they are instantly (kind of tragically) drained of all their life-force. Ben is thrown down a chasm. Notice he is limping when he gets back to Rey.

Then, most importantly, he died by choice. He used every part of him he had left to ress Rey. Gave her his everything.

The kiss was probably just a bucket-list priority :p
    As was the smile ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    MarcJordan and Iron_lord like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 7

Nov 12, 2012
    HevyDevy and Iron_lord like this.