main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Post your unanswered questions for TROS!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by HevyDevy, Dec 18, 2019.

1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Because he married Snap's mom and retired before the Resistance was even started. I know "read the novels" is frowned upon (for good reasons), but read Resistance Reborn and you'll find out more of his story post ROTJ.

2. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    There is just one and its the biggest of all that underpins a big chunk of the emotional narrative of the ST;

that question is "When did Ben Solo first become susceptible to Palpatine's influences? What were the issues that first created darkness and conflict and trouble within him? Why was this not properly explored, addressed and resolved in this movie?"

And a second related to the first "Why did you JJ, partially Marvel-ize (treated superficially) his transformation from Kylo Ren back to Ben Solo?"

3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    When Pryde switches the control tower from the ground to his ship, why didn't Poe and his squadron blow it up? Why did Finn have to land on the Star Destroyer?

4. Daryls61

Daryls61 Jedi Master

Feb 8, 2004
    1. How is the Death Star so intact when it seemingly blew up into small pieces?
    2. With all the technology in Star Wars, why do droids need to "plug in" to retrieve data?
    3. The resistance could not get 1 ship to help them in TLJ so how did they get hundreds to help them now?
    4. What did Finn want to tell Rey?
    5. Where was the 2nd transport that Chewie was actually on hiding?
    6. Why didn't Lea disappear right away?
    7. Why didn't Rey disappear when she apparently died?
    8. Why did destroying the Emperor kill Rey?
    9. Is Lando related to Jannah or was he just flirting?
    10. How does Kylo Ren get back to Exegol if there is only 1 wayfinder and Rey has it?

Lots of questions but I did love the movie.

5. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    She was still alive, they just forgot to check her pulse. When Ben died, she died of sadness, like her mom. :amidala::padme::_|[face_skull]

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    1) It's a moon-sized space station, wherever they were in was a small piece.
    2) Security
    3) Starkiller Base and The Supremacy were destroyed, the First Order Supreme Leader was killed
    4) Rey forgot her lunchbox. Girl's gotta eat.
    5) It was the Knights of Rens' ship. I think.
    6) She was inbetween life and death in the cosmic force.
    7) It wasn't a jedi teaching, it was a force priestess ability (see The Clone Wars series) Leia probably never got around to teaching Rey their ways. There's a lineage there from Qui Gon to Yoda to Obi Wan, etc... Luke probably taught Leia and Leia only recently took it upon herself to finish Rey's training.
    8) She was already weakened by Palps. Then she took on the force power of like a dozen dead Jedi.
    9) Maybe
    10) He just retraced his steps from earlier, time notwithstanding in this film.

7. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    How did the FO get there so quickly after Kylo Ren took the bracelet off her?

You can maybe explain away the first stormtroopers who spotted them? Even then, the troopers alluded to them as if they were already looking for them on that planet because of the bracelet discovery.

Bracelet handed to techs - 1 minute
    Lab analysis - 1 minute
    Report findings to Lab Director - 30 seconds
    She has to find Kylo and report back - 1 minute

It was literally 1.5 seconds in both movie and real time.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So, what's the Galactic situation now?
    Were all of the First Order forces with Palpatine's fleet?
    And what about the Jedi? We are still down to one.
    Finn has "potential" but need to see more.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The biggest question I have is where do we go from here?
    What is the galactic government? Will it be a republic? Democracy? Confederation?
    Outside sources say that many planets chose to join the First Order, willingly, even before Starkilller Base blew Hosnian Prime.
    What happens to them? Do they see the error of their ways. Or will they be their own things.

When will Rey rebuild the Jedi? How will she rebuild the Jedi?
    Finn clearly has some force potential, and other sensitive people are around, like broom boy from TLJ.
    Will she wait decades like Luke did? Will she learn from his mistakes? Will it be an isolated group, or will she move the order back closer to the center of galactic government?

On a smaller scale, I found it weird that they just dropped Finns secret storyline. Its brought up a couple times, may very well have been a declaration of love (Doesn't have to be), and then we never find out what exactly he has to say.

10. Noir Deux

Noir Deux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 27, 2015
    I think that it was a wasted opportunity to not mention/ bring back Mon, we know that in the Bloodlines book she retired because she was ill and her successor was dumb and then the factions in the NR appeared. But in TFA after the NR HQ destroyed and surely all their leadership, it would have been nice to bring her back and show some support to Leia for the final showdown along the other ships...

Who knows if she will ever be mentioned again...

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Reading the Canon novels is frowned upon? This I did not know?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Tan-Wessel likes this.
  12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She has to be what 80? at least If she was ill 6 years prior to TFA its possible she died

13. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    Does this mean Ahsoka Tano is dead? I feel like it doesn't - I hope it doesn't. Ahsoka's voice is among those who speak to Rey, but it's not like she is actually seen as a ghost.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To speak to Rey you didn’t need to be a ghost as most of those voices came from non FG Jedi. Ahsoka’s line is in the past tense so that hints at her being dead. But don’t sweat it until we see it from Dave himself

15. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    Why would Luke's x-wing show up as Red-5?? Shouldn't it be Rogue Leader if it's going to be a call sign?

Rey's lightsaber no longer has a D-ring, does it now attach to her belt the same way as the prequel jedi lightsabers did?

How did Ben get back to Exogol in a standard tie fighter?

Why would Lando want to stay on Pasana for all those years?

Has it been determined yet if the VCX in the final battle is actually the Ghost? And if so, who's crewing it?

Is the CR-90 that gets destroyed by palps lightning the same one that started the battle? If so, it's a miracle it lasted that long against all those destroyers and fighters.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  16. Dolamar

Dolamar Jedi Padawan

Feb 9, 2019
    I find it believable that there was an Empire TIE somewhere within the Death Star wreckage.

I believe it's been confirmed that it's the Ghost. Hera would be quite old, but not unbelievable that she is in it. Maybe Jacen Syndulla. Certainly Chopper. It would have been neat if they just briefly showed the pilot considering they made it a point to show the VCX.

17. jeangreyforever

jeangreyforever Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2019
    I think the issue here is that Empire TIE fighters were not equipped with hyperspace travel. That's an addition to the First Order TIE Fighters. So how did Ben reach Exegol so quickly then with an Empire TIE Fighter and no hyperspace?

18. Bacbacca

Bacbacca Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2011
    1. Good construction.
    2. Wifi passwords are still a thing an it's just quicker to plug in.
    3. Lando is very charismatic.
    4. He was the one stealing all the clothes her size which explains why she always wore the same thing. It was a long prank.
    5. Behind the first. But nobody looked.
    6. She was waiting for her son.
    7. Not a REAL Skywalker.
    8. Rey was gone when Palp sucked her life. She came back when all the jedi came to her then she died again when they left.
    9. Yes.
    10. Rey was broadcasting openly, remember? That's how they all got there.

The real question about Ben getting there is that he was shown coming in a TIE fighter. They dont have hypedrives so how did he reach the place?

19. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    How exactly did the Resistance find out about Palpatine being back? Hux? I missed that part.

If Lando was so awesome at getting the entire galaxy to show up, why didn't Leia know that and just send a message directly to him back on Crait?

What was the significance of Leia's body fading away only after Ben died and faded away as if it was "waiting"? Was that just a way to be "aww" but also to explain away the other Jedi who never learned Force Ghosting and whose bodies didn't fade away when they died but can now at least be disembodied voices and squeezed into FG capable?

Who were all those Sith acolytes in the stadium seats? Why were they all gathered there just to watch a living corpse hanging from a robot arm? Are they always there? Why didn't any of them help Palpatine? Even the Geonoshians made moves when they sensed danger. These guys just sat and stood there faceless.

If Palpatine always wanted Rey to live and take over (or even the Force Life Tap), why didn't he want the same from his own son? Wouldn't that question have come up at some point in person, at which point Palpatine could have had him killed in-person or at least have been in-audience of instead of the Ochi stuff?

And why did it HAVE to be that Sith dagger to kill Palpatine's son and wife? It didn't need to be with Luke nor Rey. And why does it have Palpatine geotracking or whatever on it? Why would Ochi have even needed directions? If he was a Sith acolyte, he'd already know the way to Exegol.

Why couldn't Luke find the Sith dagger? Finn, Poe and Rey got out of those quicksand tunnels pretty fast and easy so there had to be an entrance findable by Luke. He grew up around sand everywhere; he would have found or even sensed the darkside accurately enough.

Why couldn't Luke nor Leia sense Palpatine was alive? I'll buy that Exegol was like Sheev's Dagobah and it hid his presence. But Han, Luke and Leia were all aware of Snoke who was a public figure. And Luke went looking for Exegol, so he already knew its name and made the connection in his notes.

Why even bother with Snoke clones? There were thousands of acolytes there who could have served the same purpose. They should have had them remove their hoods and show that they were all Snoke clones and so was Ochi.

How did Ben get Vader's helmet? I can't believe that Luke took it after the funeral pyre. Did that stardestroyer get destroyed? Is that helmet just sitting on the ground now in a powerless ship waiting to be found again?

And what happened to all the Final Order survivors? The Resistance/New New Republic or Coalition of planets-with-ships or whatever was too busy celebrating to go rescue them? Seems like just from a practicality stand-point, they'd go collect all these star destroyers - they are missing an entire Navy fleet currently.

Did Rey take the Falcon at the end? Is Chewie not there? Is his life-debt to all these humans over finally? She made a new lightsaber so I doubt her plans are to dig the Homestead out from all that sand by herself and just live a life of moisture farming. Now what? And where to? She's can't be a master yet. Oh and her taking the Skywalker name while mommy Leia and daddy Luke look on like they're actually her incestuous parents is a bit awkward.

20. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    The Sith loyalists. What on earth were they, exactly? Zombies? Spirits? There was soooooooo many. I was so confused by their presence.

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What? No of course not. But telling someone they should read a novel to understand something in a film generally is.

22. Metal Lord

Metal Lord Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    Heaven and hell are imaginations from Middle East religions. Star Wars is inspired by Daoism. The Force is the Hollywood equivalent to the Dao.

I don't know much about Daoism yet. Han is either gone or can become reborn, I don't know yet.

23. Metal Lord

Metal Lord Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    Yes, but this does not mean that Palps can do through Snoke what he can do in person.

It seems that the Palps we see in TROS is superior to anyone. If this is the case because he seems to have his (cloned? pieced together?) body (back?) or because between 8 and 9 was some time to improve his health / abilities, I don't know.

24. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    What’s the order of events with Rey ending up on Jakku? The Sith Hunter guy who was searching for Rey..... we see him leave Jakku with what looked like Reys parents as hostages and he kills them. Whilst Rey is upset on the planets surface. I thought that Rey was hidden on Jakku for her own safety by her parents.

25. Lord_Axle

Lord_Axle Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 1, 2002
    Where was the Force Healing power all this while? Rey can do it, so can Ben...... (and also baby Yoda). You would think the Jedi would know about it. Would have been very useful during the Clone Wars. Qui-Gon Jinn would have lived. Palpatine could have healed Anakin at the end of RoTS (except probably the missing limbs) ...... This power basically **** on the movies that came before.