main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [POTC] Deliciously Unexpected - romance/drama - oneshot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Deliciously Unexpected

By Serena Kenobi

Disclaimer: Don't own Pirates.

Her eyes swept over the limpid waters of the ocean as they played with one another. She could see the various, brightly colored fish fluttering through the water, and at times, she wished she were one of them. They had nothing to worry about. They could roam the entire ocean freely and nobody would tell them to do otherwise.

Elizabeth, despite herself, sighed heavily.

It was times like these, she thought, that she wished she hadn?t been born the governor?s daughter.

She wanted freedom. She wanted to do what she wished to do, wanted to go where she wanted to go. Nobody to stop her; nobody to tell her to stop her silly daydreaming and prepare herself for being the wife of some naval officer.

To put it mildly, she was disheartened.

Elizabeth didn?t even notice when Captain Jack Sparrow came up beside her and observed her thoughtfully. He said nothing at first, content to watch her gaze at his beloved sea, but after a few minutes of comfortable silence, he spoke.

?When a woman has much to say but doesn?t say it, her silence could be construed as her wanting to say something but doesn?t think she should.?

Elizabeth turned to him. ?What??

He grinned, more of a smirk, really, and it was that very smirk that infuriated and caught Elizabeth?s breath at the same time.

She didn?t know how he managed to do it.

?What I was trying to say, love, was that it appears as if you have something on your mind. Would you mind tellin? ol? Jack what that something might be??

?Actually,? Elizabeth paused, about to say ?I would?, but found herself desperately wanting to talk to someone. ?Actually, I wouldn?t,? she said, surprising both herself and Jack. Her eyes rested on the ocean once more. ?I wish that I could run away,? she blurted out. ?I just want to get away from it all? I don?t know. Go to the Far East. The Mediterranean. Somewhere away from here. I just want to be? free.? Her cheeks turned red.

Jack nodded slowly, seemingly digesting this information. ?I know what ya mean, love,? he said quietly. ?The world?s a grand place, but only if you can see it all. You didn?t like livin? in Port Royal and bein? a fine lady and all that??

She shook her head vehemently. ?No. I?ve always had a thirst for something more. I?ve always wanted freedom.?

?That?s what the Pearl is, darlin?,? Jack replied simply. ?It?s freedom. You can go anywhere you like in this ship.?

Elizabeth smiled bitterly. ?You can. I can?t. I have the entire Royal navy looking for me; I have a father who has responsibilities and is determined to make a proper lady out of me. You don?t have those issues, Jack.?

?Maybe I don?t,? Jack agreed, ?but that doesn?t mean you can?t, either.? He drew away from the railing. ?You can choose, Elizabeth. You can turn away from your father, Port Royal, everything you?ve ever known. But that?s the price of freedom, love. Make sure that it?s what you want. What you really want.?

Elizabeth?s eyes locked with his, and she looked away. ?I don?t know what I want anymore.? Her tone was broken, lost.

A tone Jack Sparrow really didn?t like to hear, especially from Elizabeth Swann.

Elizabeth gazed out over the ocean as if it could miraculously produce some kind of logical answer for all of her problems. But the next thing she knew, two strong hands had firmly taken her shoulders and turned her around.

Before her mind could even begin to register what was taking place, a warm, soft mouth descended upon hers.

Elizabeth?s first reaction was to reach up and slap whoever had dared to try something so impudent. But her hand rose, dropped onto the assailant?s shoulder and gripped it tightly, while the other hand rebelliously made its way up around the man?s neck.

When they finally pulled apart, forehead-to-forehead, Jack smiled, his dark eyes flashing with an emotion Elizabeth had never seen before.

?Have you made up your mind yet, love? I?m gettin? tired of waiting around for you.?

Elizabeth stared at

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Awww, cute. :p Quite deliciously unexpected, eh? :p

Nice one-shot, Serena! :D

3. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Wow, you captured both characters so perfectly. Lovely job!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I'm loving this forum. I really am . . . and this little fic is one of the reasons why. ;)

Thanks for that little snippet, it was wonderful. Cute, mushy, totally IC. Yep. I'm one happy fangirl.[face_love]

~MJ@};-

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So cute!!

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    What a lovely moment between Elizabeth and Jack

I loved the way he cautioned Elizabeth about the reality of the decision she would have to make. That was...unexpectedly wise of him.

I'm not surprise she enjoyed the kiss, though =P~ =P~

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Lisbev

Lisbev Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2008
    Hehe, so cute!

I can totally see Jack doing this too. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.