main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [POTC] Rain (Vig. Jack/Liz/Will/OC. Romance, angst.)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Alley_Skywalker, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Title: Rain
    Author: Alley_Skywalker
    Timeframe: 5 years post AWE, AU
    Characters: Liz, Will, Jack, OC
    Genre: Angst, Romance
    Summary: AU. Five years after Liz chooses Jack over Will, she returns to Port Royal and witnesses a scene that makes her question her choice.

Port Royal was drenched with rain that night, just as it had been five years ago when Elizabeth had seen it last. The rain drops drummed against the roofs of houses, the narrow streets, and the wooden docks. Elizabeth had not wanted to come back here, this place so infested with memories of a past she could never return to, a life she had ruthlessly left behind. She had begged Jack to not make port here but he had insisted that they were in desperate need of provision and supplies. They wouldn't stay for long, re-stock and leave.

Elizabeth watched from deck as the Pearl made her way closer to shore, ignoring the rain that soaked her clothes and made her shiver. There was a heaviness in her chest that she couldn't shake off. The memories were too strong, too vividly imprinted in her mind. She still remember it all: the warmth of the smithy, the smoldering fire, slowly burning itself down to ashes, the contrasting cold and rain outside, the splashing and gurgling of water, the salty smell of the sea, and through it all the look in his eyes. The empty, drained look - he had finally given up.

"I want you to be happy, you know that."

"Maybe I should stay. Oh, Will, I know I should stay, but? Would you hate me if I left?"

He looked at her quietly for a moment, took a step toward her and then flinched away as though being too close to her burned him. He turned away from her, facing the fire. "No."

"Will-"

"Leave."

"What?"

"Please, leave."

"Will, if you'd let me explain?" She trailed off, unsure as to what exactly she was going to say. What could she say? Was there anything to be said at all? "Will?" she probed, her heart beating in her ears, some part of her wishing he would say something, force her to stay. But Will didn't say anything. He gave no sign to having heard her, to even the mere fact of her present. It was pride that flared up in her at that moment. How dare he ignore her? "Fine! Be this way. I had wanted to part on good terms but you obviously do not seem to be so inclined. I suppose that I made the right choice after all." It was a cheep shot, a flare of mindless indignation. She stalked toward the door.

"Good night, Miss Swann." Will's quite tone was painfully flat.

She let out a frustrated huff and barged out the door into the rain. She ran to the docks. To Jack.

Elizabeth stepped out onto the docks from the longboat, Jack and the several members of the crew they had brought with them following behind. The shadows of the port swallowed her. It was practically deserted at this late hour. It was possibly because of this that she had noticed the lone figure standing not too far away - a young girl with her brown hair, soaked by rain, freed from the usual clips and streaming down her back. Her plain but elegant dress was plastered to her fair skin, the voluminous skirts drooping. She was staring out to sea, deep in though. Elizabeth could tell she was waiting for something or someone.

"Miss Cross!"

Elizabeth jumped at the voice behind her. She turned to see a male figure jogging toward the docks. Elizabeth backed away further into the shadows. The voice was unmistakable. As well as the young man coming their way - the soft cultured tone, the outline of his figure, the bright eyes that were distinguishable even in the dark of night.

Will Turner.

The young girl at the docks turned slowly toward him and beamed with recognition. "Will! I didn't expect to see you here tonight. Not in this dreadful weather."

She's lying, Elizabeth realized, watching how the girl eyed Will with playfully innocent eyes. She knew because she had used this same trick herself once upon a time.

"Dreadful indeed," Will agreed. "Lauren, you really shouldn't b

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Interesting twist on the story. Nice job. =D=

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    The burning of a pirate's rum over the soft warmth of a gentleman's coat.

WOW

Lovely twist to the story and I think very realistic of what life with Jack Sparrow...oh *pardon*...Captain Jack Sparrow would have been like.

Poor Elizabeth - realizing too late she made the wrong choice.

:_| :_| :_|

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great characterizations. I really liked the story. :)

5. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Wow. Excellent job with the emotional twists. I loved this little look at what could have happened!

6669 [face_devil]

6. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    JEDIGUNSHIP: Thanks :)

KELIA: Yea, this was written before AWE came out and the Willabeth-Sparrabeth war was really heated at that time?all that arguing with Sparrabeth ?shippers was a big inspiration :p
    I?m glad you enjoyed it!

Sara_Kenobi: Thanks! I?m glad you liked it.

Darth_Leia_6669: I?m glad you liked it! The couple of months before AWE was an?interestingly intense time, to say the least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.