main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Potential Threats/Antagonists For New Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by King Maul, Jan 5, 2018.

1. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Wow Lucas was actually planning this for episodes 7-9. Would've been a lot more interesting than Rebels vs Empire 2.0.

GL: [The next three Star Wars films] were going to get into a microbiotic world. But there's this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the ones who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force.

GL: If I'd held onto the company I could have done it, and then it would have been done. Of course, a lot of the fans would have hated it, just like they did Phantom Menace and everything, but at least the whole story from beginning to end would be told.

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Rian Johnson has mentioned that he is not going to be making his trilogy about the old republic

Anyways I like to see stuff from the old republic sith empires vs sith empires in full scale civil war all around the galaxy and watch the jedi become overwhelmed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I'd like to see the mysteries of the force explored in more depth via a labyrinth/Orpheus inspired story where a powerful force user loses their partner/s to some kind of purgatory and is forced to confront all manner of demons and tests in a living dead underworld to get them back.

There was a film starring Natalie Portman called Annihilation which wasn't a million miles from what I have in mind, although a lot of that was poorly paced. But strange, disconcerting imagery and symbolism appeals to me more than pew pew Star Trek DS9 style warring factions between criminal aliens with blasters and super-sized necks. I think that route could become dangerously banal.

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I love George. But having the ST be about the microbial world of the force, and its corruption, is about as close as someone can come to having an objectively bad idea. :)

DannyD likes this.
  5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Garfield's Ex Machina was better by miles.

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Come on, a trilogy about a midichlorianpox epidemic.
    What more could you wish for?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    How about a criminal organisation secretly lead by the Nightsisters of Dathomir? Through use of darkside alchemy and genetics they try to create the ultimate darksider who will bring eternal rule to the darkside. Thus we get the drama/tragedy of them kidnapping one of the protagonists to use in their experiments. It would be horror on a more personal level, superweapons have become a bit stale imo.

In the first movie I'd think the criminals would stay an underground force that is stealing and pillaging innocent planets. The heroes have to investigate and uncover what's really going on. Then in the next movies the criminal organization grows into a galactic threat with fleets and stuff and the darkside connection is slowly uncovered.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Well, Maul’s HQ seems to be on Dathomir, so Crimson Dawn is perhaps secretly led from there.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Does anyone else have new, thematically-interesting and creative ideas for new threats?

10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I’d like to see a full on sith return.

DarthRosie likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm partial to a Soviet-style Mandalorian Empire that steps in to fill a power gap.

black_saber, Darth Nave and GregMcP like this.
  12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Perhaps what's needed for a few movies is to zoom in the conflict to a smaller scale.

A story could be made of a feud between two families. Do Romeo and Juliet.

Or, sure, do the Game Of Thrones idea of Everyone wanting to be Emperor. Factions, families, planets, each with their own heroes and villains.

Anyway, shake up the narrative a but.

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    It's hard to say without us knowing where the future goes. But I guess that's what speculation is about.

I don't know how it would work but maybe someone/a group that was Ra's Al Ghul, Vandal Savage and Thanos sort of rolled into one.

The individual in question was granted long life and it allowed them to see the universe grow they saw the worst in people and began to take a role and advise people to create a galaxy of environmental balance. Whenever people would be on the verge of decadence the individual would orchestrate the current most powerful person or people's downfall and work to restore the proper balance as civilisation achieved decadence throughout the galaxy. The individual realised only they could lead humanity and began working to do so and erased their identity over the years and started anew and built an organisation to do so that controlled many areas secretly while the individual remained in the shadows and worked for both sides of whoever was in conflict such as the Jedi and Sith, The Republic and Separatists and the Rebellion and the Empire. Eventually though the individual's immortality began to fade and thus they have been seeking someone with the willpower and determination to carry on their work while also having an awareness that they will know and will do what's necessary to save civilisation even if nearly everyone dies. Only than can humanity begin again free from corruption for another time.

Probably doesn't make a lot of sense and again it's those characters rolled into one again.

This idea of a Droid Uprising they've been teasing through groups like the Droid Gotra and even someone like L3 while her intentions were probably noble in her mind there's also consequences to it could be interesting. Seeing various types of droid come under one faction and maybe old Battle Droids are revived. Their leader again could be someone who saw many conflicts while working for their human master and has calculated the precise way to achieve victory which makes it sound like the leader would be a Tactical Droid of some kind.

I think The Mandalorian could hint at the state of Mandalore going forward and whether there's another civil war on the rise. Then again I imagine they spent their time during the original trilogy following Rebels dealing with the remnants of Saxon's clan which I imagine Sabine was involved in before going to find Ezra.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  14. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Droid Gotra: We Can Survive In Space

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A MOVABLE PLANET WHERE APES EVOLVE FROM MEN.

Bor Mullet and Darth Smurf like this.
  16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I would like to see an hero that doesnt want power or to rule. Just wants to watch the world burn.

Never seen that before......in SW.

Call him The Snoker.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    GregMcP likes this.
  17. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The Force going Wrong.
    Faulty Force powers.
    Bad visions of the future.
    The Force flaring up in unexpected places and people.

Fun games could be had with the idea.

(Reading back through posts... Sure, Annihalation is one angle. But done in the broad Action Adventure style of Star Wars.)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Bor Mullet and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    I had thought of something like that, but it would be a Dark Side cult that stayed even deeper in the dark than the Sith, acting like the Bene Gesserit from DUNE, trying to breed a Dark Side Kwisatz Haderach...

19. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I picked the Nightsisters because they already have a breeding program installed, Maul was the result of this program.

black_saber likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    In light of recent revelations, maybe they could tie the formation of the
    Sith to Sidious?

King Maul likes this.
  21. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Agreed. I can't help but think he's messing about sometimes.

22. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    [My sequel trilogy] was going to get into the microbiotic world. But there's this world of creatures that operate differently than we do. I call them the Whills. And the Whills are the one who actually control the universe. They feed off the Force ....

I think there is way too much conjecture about whether GL's sequels would have been good or bad based on a couple sentences given offhandedly.

KSennia and Darth Nave like this.
  23. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Extra-galactic threat (Like the Yuzhan Vong)

24. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I always felt GoT’s white walkers would look great with ice-blue lightsabers. Make it happen, Lucasfilm and HBO collaboration that I’m willing into existence right now.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The Vong or a similar group by another name. Zealots who want to take the galaxy back in time by eschewing technological advances, societal advances, or both/some combination of the two, and who believe they will achieve some sort of divinity or paradise by fighting and dying for these principles.