main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends Powers vs Passions - Dear Diary Challenge 2020 - 6 month Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Lioness Defender of the good! star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Marie

All night, she cried all night. I'm exhausted, no shattered. I'm laid there on the spare bed in her room, she was beside me. Viktoria was still crying. I couldn't work out why. I changed her, feed her, burped her, walked the floor with her, sang to her. I had given up. Staring at the ceiling was my only solution, while I lay here with bloodshot eyes listening to her cry. Why isn't she exhausted? Adrian has tried to help, but she wouldn't settle for him either. She has pain, I can feel she has pain, but I don't know where or what. Sunil'na came, she said it was wing and gave her some herbs, said it might take some time to work. Times like this I wish I was on Oracle or Corsucant, or even Hawkbat. The droids on all three would know what to do, modern medicine has its place for sure. Honestly I didn't need the solution that came unexpectedly. My mother. I don't know how she knew, maybe Sunil'na told her? But she came and within minutes of picking her grand daughter up and her cooing, Viktoria began to settle. Only ten minutes later she was asleep. Don't get me wrong, I was grateful, but gods, why her!?!? She will gloat on this for months if not years! I know it was the herbs beginning to work, and nothing more than her timing, but she's was unbearable before this! I'm going to try and sleep when she does now.

Adrian

This was possibly the longest night of my life, don't think I've ever been so worried before. Viktoria was suffering, she couldn't sleep for so long: I was afraid, felt powerless, found myself praying to the gods to help her. If they did so indeed they have a twisted sense of humor. Cause in the end it was my mother in law who got her to sleep, the very same woman who tried to sell me into slavery a bit more than a year ago, well in a sense she not only tried but succeed, thankfully not in the way she wanted of course. Suspect Sunil'na called her in, she is a very respected woman in the tribe and even the matriarch listens to her. Don´t know how she did it, Marie stated that it was probably just a coincidence she arrived when Sunil'na´s herbs finally started working. Not sure if that true though, maybe she used the force, or its her experience from raising Marie. Either way I'm thankful to her for what she did, glad Viktoria now sleeps safely. Marie also went to bed, the day completely exhausted her, leaving me alone with Chalise. At least this time we didn't yell at each other. I thanked her for her help, awkwardly, but honestly. For a time she just inspected me with her eyes, especially my tattoos, the tattoos of a mate rather than a slave. She then said, still somewhat rude that I was at least good for something in having given her a strong granddaughter. Feel that might be her way of trying to be nice. In return I told her that she at least had raised a wonderful daughter. For half a second or even less I believe I saw something on her face that could have been a smile, but then she just turned around and left us without another word. Not sure what to make of this, she tried to sell me as a slave and yet she helped us today and at least tried not to cause another fight, maybe there is something positive about her after all.

@Warrior_Goddess

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    Their anxiety over Viktoria is understandable and combined with the frustration of why won't she settle? Then the irony that it's Marie's mother who can soothe her although I too think it was the coincidence of the herbs working. :p Adrian was nice to her in the aftermath. :)

Kahara, Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Lioness Defender of the good! star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  4. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016
    Adrian

Another day, another danger it seems on this world. Marie and I where hunting today, the first time after Vikki's birth, had Sunil'na watching over her, the two get along very well with each other. Marie and I had a great time together, got my first Bloma with a bit help from her, later in the afternoon we let Fluffy run around freely a bit and continued on foot, almost got us killed. I think had been watching us for a quite some time until they attacked, hidden in upper branches of the trees. Both Marie and I had seen movements at the edge of our sight but on Dathomir that´s nothing special. Suspect Marie might have also felt something in the force, at least right before the attack, as she was able to dodge when they jumped at us. I was knocked down almost instantly but Marie was still able to give one of then a scratch across his face with her dagger before the other two overwhelmed her. They tied us up and it was only then that I realized that they where men, but they were so different from any other men I have seen on Dathomir before. Warlocks the witches call them and they are said to be cruel darksiders, they were wearing similar lizard hide than the witches and had tattoos as well. Worst of all though they noticed who Marie was, maybe they have seen her before or her tattoos gave it away. Well seems I´m not the only person who has suffered under my dear mother in law in the past as they resolved to take their own form of revenge on Chalise, by killing her daughter. I was so afraid in that moment, felt so helpless, yelled at them to leave her alone, to not dare to hurt her. In response one of them sat down in front of me, cut my bonds and, gently, told me my suffering was over that I didn't need to be that evil woman´s slave anymore. This surprised me and when I looked into his face I saw that he was younger than me, almost still a kid. I've face darksiders before, but while these young men seemed to hate Marie's mother this was something a darksider wouldn't say. So I found some hope that I could maybe, just maybe talk us out of this, though Marie cursing at them would prove a problem, so I looked at her and tried as best as I could to suggest to her to trust me with this. I told them that I was no slave, but instead had chosen to be with Marie because I love her. He looked at me in utter disbelief, especially when I continued to tell him that Marie was not like her mother, but instead had free me and several other men from slavery in the past. They didn't seem to believe me, instead saying that Marie had bewitched me into believing something like that. I knew I had failed, that I wouldn't be able to convince them that we were not their enemies. When I saw one of them approaching Marie with a knife I tried to stop him but the other two held me back. But then I had a last desperate idea and took of my hunting tunic, standing naked in from of them so they could see the extend of my tattoos, the tattoos of a lover, a mate, not a slave. For a moment they just stared at me, in disbelieve, but then the one with the knife back down again and they turned to Marie, even more confused, but finally willing to listen to us. Took us quite a while to explain everything to them but in the end they let us go, even returned our weapons to us, in return we promised them not to reveal we had seen them to our tribe. When we returned to Fluffy I half expected Marie wanting us to turn around and hunt them down but thankfully she did not. Think the three watched us from the shadows the entire way back to our village. Marie and I talked about the myths about the warlocks, both us glad that at least for the ones we met they weren't true in the end.

Marie

Today was a first for me. I was aware there were what mother calls Warlocks on Dathomir, never met one till today. Wasn't pretty. They knew who I was, how'd they know who I was? It wasn't me they were angry with, it was Mother and I got that. Her actions over the years had not won any 'Miss Congeniality' awards and clearly they believed I was cut from the same cloth. This whole situation was reminiscent of Kashyyyk all those years ago when Kate's Wookiee parents decided we all weren't worth their time. In fact I think the lower levels of Kashyyyk were better! I put up a fight, but had little chance, I think I cut one of them. I was bound and I watched as Adrian was given freedom and attention and then I watched as he pleaded not only my case but his! They said I was doing something to him to make him be a servant to me. GAH!! It was such Rancor poodoo! And I guess I let my pilots mouth come out as a few expletives passed my lips. I could see them talking to Adrian, he'd sort this out I was sure. Then suddenly I was facing a blade, he'd failed to convince them. Yeah, I was scared for the first time in a very long time, bound with a knife coming at me was enough to do that. Then Adrian did something I never thought he'd do. I heard them gasping and bravely looked away from the blade to see my husband standing there stark naked! Ok, didn't expect that one!! Holy Kriff' it worked!! They backed off! They saw his markings and suddenly they realised he was no slave. It took a bit of time and I was glad to tell them when the time comes and I am leading the tribe, things would be different. I mean that. It will take time but the entire tribe will be different. I told him that on our journey back. We talked about the not so mythical Warlocks of Dathomir and how one day, we'd be united.

OOC: For those intrested about the Warlocks I recently put up a fanon post about them:
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...ec-7-p-60-1490.50024318/page-62#post-56552954

@Warrior_Goddess

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice bit of fanon, fits very well into the established Dathomirian culture. That was a nerve-wracking encounter, could have gone differently, but Adrian thankfully resolved the situation. I can imagine that Marie will bring about good changes for intertribal relations.

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adrian - @Anedon

Had a dinner at our place today, not like the elaborate parties I know from Eriadu but a more personal affair. Just a few friends of Marie and myself, Sunil'na was there, asked me about the new tattoo, shivered when I remembered the pain getting it, Marie didn't lie when she first told me about the intimate ones being the most painful. Thankfully the pain is now gone but my skin is still a bit sore down there. Also some of the boys, and a few younger Witches who are friends of Marie, thinks one of them might be interested in Davron from the looks she gave him the entire time. Had a good time together, joked and laughed a lot, never seen anyone tell stories better than Sunil'na. But then, later in the evening Marie revealed to us why she had organized this meeting, to talk about her plans for the future. Talked about the things she recently told me after our run in with the Warlocks, how she intends to change the tribe, to free the men and end slavery. Think she has been thinking about this for quite some time now, I´m so proud of her, seeing how she always works to fight injustice, not just in the greater galaxy but on her own world as well. I was the first to say that I´m with her, and the others followed, just hope we can trust all of them, but Marie tends to know what she is doing. She will be a great Matriarch one day and I´m glad to be at her side. Told her how much I admire her for this after the others left, was pretty awkward tough, I´m just not good at giving big speeches I guess.

Marie - @Warrior_Goddess

Had a gathering here, kinda to introduce Viktoria to our friends and family officially. Mother didn't come, and for that I am grateful. No Drama. Was a lovely night although I did notice a couple times when Adrian winced, I think his new art is still sore, must remember that. Had a few of my friends here, friends who think like I do and I am pretty sure I saw Sariah giving Davron an appreciative eye. She'd been holding Viktoria when Davron came over and began the whole 'cooing' to her. I saw that flash of interest in her eyes. Sariah thinks like I do, and I know she'd treat him right. It's going to be a slow process, but when the time comes I will be changing the way our Clan is run. Mothers old ways are dying, and I am pretty sure many already know that I will be a very different Clan leader to her. We laughed so much tonight, made a bit of fun of mother, and of course my impersonation of her was spot on. Who else could do that? Sunil'na told some tales of the past, she so much more forward thinking than my Mother, she even seemed ashamed of the past at some points. I let Adrian regal the group with our tale of meeting the Warlocks, the women were very interested, more so than the men. I watched with interest their reactions, its important to know who is with me on these changes. I have time though, Mother will be around for a long time.

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent gathering merging the personal and the sending out feelers for change and those who would welcome them. Marie is the perfect blend of forward thinking and discretion. [face_love]

Kahara, Anedon and Adalia-Durron like this.
  9. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, yeah Marie is truly foreward thinking on her world but also smart enough not to do it too openly.

Adrian

Was at a slave auction today. Possibly the most harrowing experience in my life, even worse than my own auction over a year ago. Was in the village to run some errands, while Marie was on a hunting trip with some of her friends, when I saw them, four young men being dragged to the communal meeting building where slaves are auctioned off. One of them, more a boy than man stared at me, firghtened, his eyes begging me to do something. Have noticed the looks the slaves give me sometimes, they look up to me, a free man who is, at least somewhat tolerated in the villadge. A man who can ride a Rancor, hunt in the wilderness on his own and is a witches mate instead of slave. And so they looked at me, begging, wanting me to save them. And so I followed them, I knew the guards at the hall might not let me in so I waited a moment before they headed inside as well. The auction wasn´t very full today, thank the heavens, only a dozen witches was there. I stood silently in the entrance to the auction hall and watched as the four youth´s where lined up down there, just as I was. Shivered at the memory and my first instinc was to turn around and leave but I couldn´t. So I heard how the auctioneer aounced the bidding. These four where now old enough to be sold. My stomach just turned when I heard this, their own mothers had send them to the auction block to be sold to intrested Witches. How can a human being be so cruel? But I remebered Marie, and what she had done. And so I stepped foreward and aounced that Marie had send me to buy new workers for our shop, while praying my face wouldn´t betray the lie. The other witches just stared at me, think if I´m not Marie´s mate they would have killed me instantly, but so they instead resolved to try and outbid me. And they succeded, well not completly. When the last one was auctioned off I bid nearly all of mine and Marie´s money on him, fourthousand credits, nearly as much as Marie paid for me back then. But when he was lead to me, still tied and bruised from the beating the guards had given him I knew I had made the right call. Had to continue the charade on the way back home tough, act as if he was truly just a slave to us. Had some time to talk to him once we got here, his name is Yan, and he had been a slave to his mother and sisters his whole life, until now they decided he was old enough to be sold. What he told me just disgusts me, especially knowing that his family is now 4000 credits richer through him. He was so thankfull I got him out of there, but it also made me think of the three boys I couldn´t save. Assigned Yan to Davron later, to give him a bath and a quarter for now. We´ll have to see if he can work in the buissness. He promised me will do his best and work hard, but even if he fails at that I will make sure he is save. When Marie returns tonight I will introduce her to him to her, hope she understands why I did it.

Marie

Ok, an average day, or so I thought. I get his reasons, honestly I really do, but I so wish we used technology on world. If he'd contacted me, talked to me first, maybe I would have found a way to help him without spending every credit we'd saved!! I got home from a our successful hunt to find we had a new employee, one I have no idea on how we can pay him and no credits to our name! Why'd he pay so much? Pressure from the older Tribes' members played a big part, of that I am 100% sure. So many of them disagree with my beliefs and seeing Adrian there would been like a red flag to a Rancor. They would have bid for the boy way more than he was worth just to make me pay more, maybe not if I'd been there. I probably lost my temper today for the first time in a very long time, but when I calmed down I realised and understood the situation. The lad looks grateful, maybe a small wage to start with? We can work around this, we can work around it all I guess. I've gotten a couple of comlinks now and given him one, no more making expensive decisions like this alone, we can communicate. We fix ships here so the Tribe can just accept we use technology. On the up side, the ladies I was hunting with today see things more my way. Sariah confessed she is very attracted to Davron, I told her to go for it, but I also made it clear he was not for sale as he was a free man to make his own choices. If he wants to be with her, he will, if not, she is to back down. She agreed, so I guess time will tell.

Kahara and Warrior_Goddess like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great that others in Marie's circle of friends are approaching the couples thing more like she is, such as Sariah. Big dust-up with Adrian over the auction, though understandable that he would want to do something and not stand by and let things unfold. They resolved it pragmatically and with the candor and trust so integral to their relationship. [face_love]

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  12. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Adrian

Its surprising how a little over a year away really made me feel about my old homeworld. The loud noise of the factories, the dirty, unhealthy air, the over industrialization, once I considered these things the most normal things in the galaxy but now, after the time I´ve spent on Dathomir, with its intact nature I've really grown to despise my old home. But not the people there, mom and dad where beaming with pride and happiness to meet their first grandchild. Dad was quite puzzled by my tattoos, just as Ilona was when we met a while ago, but mom said they really suit me. Also finally met Ilona´s fiancee, Tobin Redan, and understood why she had been somewhat coy about him. He is Garth´s older brother! Thankfully he is nothing like his younger sibling, maybe a bit too honest for my taste, but after what Ilona went trough with her first boyfriend I think she prefers brutal honesty over sweet lies. Had a good time together and on the first evening I told Ilona about our current financial situation. She hugged me when I told her what I had used the money for, and assured me that she would aid me and Marie with our financial troubles. On the second day Ilona and Tobin went hunting with us. Think Marie impressed them quite a bit as I had known she would. Later that evening I had a surprise for Marie, one I had been planning with Ilona since she visited us a few months ago. Marie mentioned to me once she wouldn't mind having a real wedding ceremony as well, and today we held it, just with my family to witness. Got a wedding dress from my grandmother on my mothers side, the original Viktoria, for Marie. Was different to see her in a pretty dress rather than the practical clothing she usually wears but she looks amazing no matter what she wears. Ilona who spent some time amoungst the priests lead the ceremony, tough I guess it was a lot less formal than usual. Marie and I exchanged our vows and became married in the eyes of the gods of my world. Had a nice dinner afterwards, it was a great day, I hope Marie enjoyed it as well.

Marie

The Trip to Eriadu was arduous, Viktoria didn't travel well, but it was worth it. Seeing the look on Adrian's parents faces, that was worth is itself. Such a pleasure to have grandparents who are so proud and doting. We met Ilona's new fiance, that was a trip back in time, his younger brother certainly insulted me and Adrian that night so long ago. Took me a few moments to digest that but he's not to blame for his brothers actions. We left Viktoria with his parents and went hunting, it was fun to show off skills I have had all my life. They think I'm skillful, I'm just normal at home. I was tired but the day got so much better. His mother, Tanja presented me with her own mothers wedding gown and told me my wonderful husband had arranged for us to marry on his world like I'd said I'd wanted too one day. One day was today and I cannot recall a time in my life when I ever felt so beautiful. The gown was soft, with lace and satin covered in tiny sparkles. It sat off my shoulders and fitted firmly. I was a little worried, I'd not lost all the 'baby fat' as yet, my mother never stops reminding me of it either. It never seems to worry Adrian, well I hope it doesn't. I stood in front a reflector and hardly recognised myself, I was a lady. My hair swept up on my head, a touch of make up, a gown that make me look like a princess. When I faced him I wanted to cry, he'd done this all himself and he had no idea how much it meant to me. I don't remember the ceremony, it didn't matter to me, the very act was what made it so very special. After dinner we danced slow, never done that and certainly not in a wedding gown. Today was probably up there with the best days of my life. The day I met him, the day we were joined on Dathomir and the day Viktoria was born.......now this. I cannot imagine how he could top any of this. He will never know how much I love him.

Kahara likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SWEET! This pairing has won my heart, and does so anew with each new post. That was a lovely gesture of Adrian's. [face_love] I can well imagine after Dathomir Eriadu seems a bit too 'loud'. :p

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  15. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Marie

The last 26 hours have been the most emotional of my life. Yesterday was the best day I have had in sometime, I felt beautiful and there were wonderful people around me. Joy and laughter as we celebrated our marriage - for the second time. His family, especially his mother had been so welcoming and loving, so unlike my own mother. It felt like I was with a real family and when we all eventually went to sleep it was the perfect end to a perfect day, even Viktoria went down easily.

We were woken at stars knows what time by Ilona, she was in a panic and I didn't question her, I just bundled Vikky up after dressing and followed, I could feel her panic, her distress. It didn't take long to find out what had occurred. I watched from the doorway as Ilona let out a cried an anguish, collapsing into her brothers arms and he made a sound I'd never heard before. Just past them I saw Ethan holding a limp Tanja in his arms, the elegant woman's eyes were closed, her features grey. The pain coming from them all was overwhelming, I had to lean in the door frame. I looked to the nearby Medtech who sadly shook her head and I suddenly realised Tanja had passed away in the night. I couldn't breathe. Viktoria woke and was crying loudly, she would have been feeling the pain around her, and not understanding it. I tried to comfort her, but it was useless. I some how got into the room and wanted to hug Ethan and Ilona, to help them. I wanted to hold Adrian, I could feel him, he was in agony, his heart was breaking and there was nothing she could do to help him. I stood as those around me fell apart feeling helpless and unable to do anything. Ethan was a shattered man, I feared he wanted to go with her. It went on for sometime, I don't even remember how long, I can't remember. Eventually Ilona released her brother and went to her father, and he turned to me. My heart was aching as I know how much she meant to him. He pulled us close and cried, I held him with my one arm. My mother always told me men who cry were pathetic, I never agreed, men who cry have hearts and souls and feel deeply. She never understood that. I do. We are staying here till everything is sorted and settled, and I plan to help as much as I can. This is the family I wanted growing up, one that really cares.

Adrian

Last few days have been hard, wasn't even able to write anything down. I knew this day would come, we all knew, mom's been fighting with her sickness for several years now, surviving longer than most doctors had claimed she would. But knowing it would happen didn't ease the pain, not sure if anything ever could. I keep telling myself that she had a long and good life, that she lived trough so many wars and dangers and still died peacefully, that I should be thankful my family didn't suffer the losses so many other families did in the past decades. But I can´t, I could only think back to my mother, and all the memories I have of her, both small and large ones. Often actually the trivial ones that make me sad the most, just her telling a story to me or giving me a smile when I helped her with something, or just the two of us having dinner together all the times dad and Ilona where away on their duties, her teaching me how to cook, or how to repair my damaged clothing. Just small little things any parent teaches their kids. And now she's gone, Ilona says she is with the gods now, wish I had her faith. Marie was great the last few days, while I just shut myself away and wanted to speak to no one she helped Ilona and dad with the preparations for the funeral, but also came to me, listened to me when I told her about mom, and about my feelings. Sometimes you just need someone who listens to you. At least I did, but feel bad for ignoring her and Viktoria for these few days now, they are my family, I shouldn't have distanced myself, even if just for a few days. The funeral was nice, just a couple of friends in addition to the family, my godfather Alec and Ilona´s godmother Amber where both there and it was nice seeing them again. Dad is doing better as well which relieves me, definitely helps him that we where there for it. Will head back to Dathomir soon, hope it will help me to put some distance between our old home and myself again to accept and process what happened.

Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    That was exquisitely touching =D= I am so happy Tania was able to share that lovely day for Adrian and Marie.

Sweet that Marie feels like the Maleks are the family she would've liked having growing up.

Adrian's feeling guilty for distancing from Marie and Viktoria is very understandable, and her support for the entire family was lovely to read.

I agree that the return to Dathomir will help ease the pain of loss. [face_thinking]

@};-

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - I found it difficult as I have not lost a parent, and even my husbands parents are still here (although I do not feel the same way about them they are good people) so finding how one would react was difficult. I have lost family members so I drew on that as best I could. Living Maries life when she is someone elses character is difficult.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Marie

It's been a rough few weeks. I could feel Adrian's pain, and his determination to get on with it. We buried his mother only two weeks ago and came home not long after. He wanted to get back to work, and I've watched him, it's how he deals with the pain of his loss. Last night out of the blue we got notification his mother had bequeathed him some Credits, actually more than some. The debt he created by bringing the new lad in is gone now, so I have no financial issues to worry about now. I met the lad, he's very bright, reminds me of Davron when first started and I am pretty sure Davron sees that himself. He's taken the lad under his wing and its working out well now, the lad is eager and seems happy.

Speaking of Davron, Sariah visited this morning, she started off with a negotiation. That caught me off guard! She wanted to know how much to 'buy' Davron! I was internally appalled, as I thought she knew better, and once I'd mentally calmed down I asked her what had promoted this act she knew I would not approve of or even entertain? She confessed she had very strong feelings for him. I was a little surprised, I thought Adrian and I were the only ones able to see past the traditions and culture, clearly I was wrong. We talked for over an hour as I explained that he was a free man, and what he did in his personal life was none of mine nor Adrian's business. I explained that if she wanted his attention, wanted his affection, she needed to get it in the old fashioned way. Be nice, talk to him, have a meal with him, get to know him, share interests. She was very nervous, so used to the old ways, but as she left I hoped she'd take my advice. After I fed Viktoria I began to wonder if I'd managed to loose some of the connection I had with my husband? Maybe it was time to reconnect, he's had a rough month.

Adrian.

Have been focused on work the last two weeks, one because it helped me deal with mom's death but also because I wanted to work as hard as I can to make up for spending all our money to buy Yan's freedom. Speaking of him he is really doing well, gets along great with the other boys and is eager to learn from them. I've noticed he has been talking to Marie several times as well during the last days, mostly just expressing his gratitude to her, but I think she is coming around to him as well. Got a message from Ilona the other day that mother had left me quite a lot of credits. She must have been saving most of her pay as military attache for two decades for me and Ilona as it enough to help us out of our financial troubles and get some of the stuff we wanted for Viktoria. Makes me very thankful and I think mom would approve of what Marie and I are doing, she was so proud meeting Viktoria, glad we where able to meet her one last time. Feel like this last gesture of love she gave me helps to find closure, to move on, be the son she was so proud of.

Sariah has been visiting us quite often lately, usually claiming she just wants to meet Marie or check in on Viktoria but I know she has a different goal. My suspicion that she is attracted to Darvon were proven true when he came to me two days ago and told me how she is approaching him, talking to him, always finding some excuse for a quick exchange when she visits. Good news is that he has taken a liking to her as well, bad news is that he is even more awkward than I was about it. He asked me many questions, unsure how to understand her suddenly being so nice to him. He was kind of taken aback when I told him that it means she is attracted to him, being born a male on Dathomir he probably never expected to be loved by a woman of the tribe. He then continued to bombard me with questions on how to respond, how to return his feelings. Told him that he should be nice as well, maybe show her a small gesture of his affection when she visits the next time. But also reminded him that he is no slave and if Sariah is ever cruel to him or wants him to do something he doesn't want he should tell me and Marie about it. Hope it doesn't come to it, Sariah is a nice young woman, one of the few who accepted me from day one. Talked about the two of them with Marie later that evening and she confirmed my suspicions as Sariah had been talking to her as well. Afterwards we spent the evening together, growing closer again after the slight distance that had grown over me spending our money and then loosing mom. Had a great time enjoying each others company.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great that Adrian got a useful, timely bequest. Things are progressing friendship wise with Sariah and Davron and with them as a couple; I like how Marie patiently helps Sariah get used to a new mindset as Adrian helps Davron. It's a new approach but I know they'll find it emotionally rewarding.
    Love how Marie and Adrian work to draw closer together; shows their commitment. [face_love]

Kahara, Anedon and Adalia-Durron like this.
  20. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Adrian and Marie are defenetly encouraging the relationship of Davron and Sariah. Sariah really looks up to Marie as does Davron to Adrian, and so they take them as an example. :)

Adrian

There was a big feast at the tribe today, mother in law had her life day. We didn't go there last year because the memory of her trying to sell me into slavery was still fresh. Marie didn't want to go this year either but I talked her into it, reminding her that her mother had helped us with Vikki a few months ago. Also Sariah asked us to come a long, because she had gathered up all her courage and asked Davron if he would go there with her, and he said yes. So we decided to come along. Held the dinner in a large cavern hall in the mountains near the village. Was defenetly a lot different than the Eriaduan dinners I know. We where all seated at a long table, well the women where. Men are supposed to only serve as waiters to cater to the women´s wishes at such a feast and as such don't get a place to sit, nor something to eat other than the scraps left at the end. But of course Marie didn't let that happen, got into quite an argument with her mother over it, especially because of Davron. Think the old matriarch is worried about Marie's growing influence. Thankfully Sunil'na eventually managed to calm the situation and Davron and I where allowed to sit down. As Marie is the Chieftess' daughter she was seated to the right of her mother and me next to her. Think only the fact we had Vikki with us kept Chalise from causing any more trouble. Mother and daughter where staring at each other coldly for the whole dinner tough. But her mother wasn't the only one looking at Marie, while some of the elder witches stared at her darkly many of the younger ones had admiration in their gaze. They admire her for standing up to the Chieftess of the tribe and tell the stories of her adventures out there in the galaxy, just like many men in the tribe look up the me our other workers. Marie is truly right that things are changing on Dathomir. Not sure how much of this Davron and Sariah noticed, they mainly had eyes for each other. After the dinner we danced, that as well much more lively and informal than on Eriadu and once again it was only Davron and I who defied tradition as the other witches danced with each other. Some of them where clearly couples, Marie told me its a normal thing on Dathomir, two of our boys are in a relationship as well, glad they can be themselves. Definitely got a feeling how awkward Marie must have felt that day on Eriadu during our ball, stared at by everyone. Still the fact that many younger witches smiled at us instead of giving us a cold gaze made it still enjoyable. Was very late when we got home and Vikki had fallen asleep in my arms as we went back. Also noticed that Davron didn't return with us and was worried but Marie told me she had seen him leave the feast with Sariah earlier in the evening.

Marie

Stressful, that was today. I didn't want to go to my mothers Lifeday celebration, heck not been to one in so many years I have lost count. Adrian insisted, said the young one's need to know I am encouraging change in the tribe, and I am so he was right. Mother kicked off as soon as we got there, was proud that Adrian stayed silent, he knew this was Mother and I and I was not backing down. I won and Adrian was allowed to sit with me at the head of the table. Sariah wanted me to go as well, she wanted to take Davron and knew there was no way she could do that if I had not set the precedent. I could 'feel' the older members were not impressed, then Sunil'na stepped. Sometimes I wish the woman was my mother, she sees the world differently even though she has never left her home world she has the gift of foresight. She was able to calm Mother and eventually we all sat and ate and during the feast I spoke to a few of the young men serving and told them to make sure there was plenty of food for them, whatever it took to make that happen.

There was dancing afterwards and I was a little adverse to the traditional stuff, so I chose to do a more galactic traditional waltz like thing, something I knew Adrian was familiar with. Caused another stir but I could 'feel' it was a positive one, especially from the younger women. Sunil'na was a wonderful 'Sitter' for Vikki and really seemed to be enjoying herself. I hoped Sariah and Davron would follow suit, but they'd disappeared. I knew, I saw them leave early together, she was giggling and that was so refreshing. We got home late, Mother hardly spoke to me all night but I honestly don't care. The winds of change are coming to Misty Falls, and its time she caught up before she get's blown away.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Marie as well as Sunil'na are making things transition and Sariah and the younger women seem to be embracing the changes

Adalia-Durron , Kahara and Anedon like this.
  22. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Yeah, Marie and Sunil'na give an example that now more and more young witches being to follow. Thanks for commenting. :)

Marie

Today, mother came to me, she wanted to talk. I am always wary of her but what she said shocked me. She wants to step down as Leader of the Misty Falls Clan and allow me to step up!! She said what she saw a her lifeday celebrations made her reconsider her future, made her realise she is a relic of an era that is fading away. Told me she doesn't want to be 'forcibly removed' and knows if she continued the way she was going, that would happen. Mother agreed to do it correctly and said she'd set it up for the end of the week. I wanted to protest but the truth is I can do way more for men and woman of the tribe as their leader. I told Adrian and I think he's very happy, I could feel it. He knows it will take time, but he also knows things are going to change around here. It will be a hard road, there are so many elders who will resist, the first thing I plan to do is allow access to the Holonet! Let them see how the galaxy works, that's something my mother has hidden to avoid her having to change. No longer.

Adrian

Still can´t believe what happened today, Chalise visited us, first time we saw her since her lifeday celebrations a couple of weeks ago. First we where expecting insults or maybe other mean things, but instead she asked to speak to Marie in private. Was a bit nervous she could do something to her in an effort to preserve her old ways. But the opposite was true, she wants Marie to become the new clan matriarch! Seems our standoff with her at the lifeday feast has shown her that her power is dwindling and that things are changing. Must have been a hard choice for her, possibly the hardest she ever made, but it was the right one and I know that Marie is very happy she could resolve this conflict peacefully. In some other tribes things escalated into violence with men and women killing each other, glad it won´t happen here. Speaking of Marie, she is beaming with pride and happiness, this is what she has worked for, for so many years. Hugged her when she told me, expressed to her how happy I was for her, for us. Later Chalise told us a bit more, that she wants to make Marie the matriarch by the end of this week and we should prepare for that day. When she left I followed her, and in an awkward moment I told her she did the right thing and that I found her decision admirable. Two of us will probably never become close but she is still a part of my family now and I want to at least reach out to her. This evening Marie and I invited Sunil'na, Sariah and some of the other younger witches, alongside the boys and we discussed the news. They where all so happy to hear about it, but I feel Sunil'na already knew, suspect she might have played a part in convincing Chalise. Marie mentioned her first action as Matriarch would be to allow everyone access to the holonet so they could see how the rest of the galaxy is like, think this will really help bring about change. Watched a holonet movie, one of Ilona´s favourites together afterwards. Was funny to see the Dathomirians react to a corny romance story, for just how alien it is to them.

Kahara likes this.
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very prudent decision which will make things run smoother in the Clan as well as on a personal level. Adrian's words to Chalies :) He really is a peace keeper/maker. @};- LOL on the corny romance.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Marie

Today was almost overwhelming. The week leading up my 'coronation' was a whirlwind. I had to take over as I was not having it the traditional way and Mother knew that would happen, I was , for the first time, proud of her. She stepped back and let me do what I felt I needed too. I have promoted Sariah to Lead my Personal Guard and to assemble a 'Peace Keeping Force' as I expect there to be a certain amount of rebellious reaction to my changes. I have hinted at them for sometime, so they should not be a surprise, but I still think old ways die hard. There will be new rules now that I have taken over but I will be instilling them on a slow basis as I realise I cannot do this over night without a war. I hope my new 'Peace Keepers' will not be seen as the enemy but more like a group to calm the tribe, advise and guide them.

The night before I had to get my 'Queen' Tattoo for want of a better title. It's simple, and I have to be honest, not my favorite at all. But tiny droplets of water have been added to my hair line. I can hide them with my hair if I want, but for the coronation I have to have them displayed. I had a minor crown made and there was an audible gasp as after my mother placed my rough hue crown on my head I turned and produced it, placing it on Adrian's head. Pretty sure he was as surprised as mother as it'd been my secret till that moment. I won't lead alone and my people need to know he is my equal. This was my first display of equality, I have to do this slowly but in time, Misty Falls Clan will be an equal opportunity clan.

Adrian

What a week, possibly the busiest in my life so far. I had never realized how much preparation and work we had to, how many things to think and take care of to ensure Marie's coronation goes well. Thankfully we weren't alone on this. Sariah and Marie's other witch friends have formed a personal guard for her, and me as well. Hope we don't need them but I doubt most of the older witches will give up as peacefully as Marie's mother. Especially when the changes Marie is making start to effect them, she and I both know that we can´t force our demands through in short order as it would likely lead into a civil war so we need to do it carefully, try to win over the people one by one. Marie´s got a new tattoo as the matriarch but I think she doesn't like it very much, told her it looks beautiful to me tough, hope she doesn't hide it with her hair all the time. At the coronation Marie surprised the tribe once more, but most of all me. After she had received her mothers crown she revealed one for me as well, and told the tribe that from now on we would lead the tribe together. Many couldn't believe it and I saw the hatred in the eyes of some, but also acceptance in many others, seems the respect I won for being able to hunt and ride and Rancor makes it easier for some. Chalise told us later that while she wasn't happy with Marie's action she was at least glad it was me who she chose as her partner. Maybe the first real nice thing she ever said to me, but its a sign that things are changing.

@Anedon

25. Anedon

May 11, 2016
    Marie

I was so grateful Vikky knew where to go to find her father, she's one clever 3 year old. Down the workshop, he's been working with the young lad we took on a few years back, he's been teaching him so much. Makes my heart sing as he's a great dad to his daughter but he doesn't know he's about to get another daughter and a son. I've kept the knowledge to myself, I wanted to surprise him. Things have been changing around the clan and the males are not totally free yet, but they have rights and my team have been fundamental in bringing about equality. If they see abuse of any kind, its reported to me and I have had to deal with rather bitter warriors who are fighting change with all they have. Many of the younger women have improved conditions all round and some are even, like me, paying their males. Most have been giving the men the same rights as them, so if they share a field, they share the work and the crops. It's going to take time but I know I am bringing my son into a world where he won't be ostracized.

Labour had started suddenly and when my waters broke I was worried that I'd be alone. Thankfully Adrian got Sunil'na fast as these two were early and I couldn't do it alone. When the first child arrived, a girl, he was happy as he knew she would be treated well and he loves his girl so having two was fine. When Sunil'na told him the second child was a son, I was so glad I got to see the look on his face. It was a mixture of pride and fear. I was quick to tell him, our son would be no different to our girls, we'd all live here, they'd all have the same opportunities and he would be a beacon to the clan of a new way, a better way to be a family.

Adrian

Marie went into labor earlier today, a bit sooner than we had expected. Vikki found me in the workshop and I left to get Sunil'na. Was worried a bit, what if the child was a boy? So when Sunil'na delivered a girl I relaxed a bit, but then she told us that we had twins and that the second child was a boy. Was both happy and a bit scared in that moment, mostly happy though to see that both Marie and our kids where okay. Wonder if Marie knew all along we would get twins and what their genders where? She didn't seem surprised at all and immediately assured me that our son wouldn't be raised any differently from the girls. And she is right, things have changed quite a bit in the tribe in the year since Marie became Matriarch. Men are treated more equally, especially by the younger witches and we have taken actions against cases of abuse by some of the older ones several times during the year. Not even the only married male anymore as Sariah and Davron have become life mates as well, even Chalise has become a bit nicer to me lately.

Sunil'na assured us the same thing, that this time things would be better. Not sure how she meant that. Marie allowed me to name the boy so I called him Julien after my fathers father, while she called the girl Ana. Wish my mother was still be alive and could meet the twins, sent Dad and Ilona a message with some holos though, she gave birth to her son only a couple weeks ago, hope we can see them again soon. Vikki had glowing eyes when she got to meet her siblings for the first time and I have no doubt that she will be a great older sister for them, just as Ilona is to me.

Kahara likes this.