main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Powers vs Passions - Dear Diary Challenge 2020 - 6 month Challenge.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Adalia-Durron , Jan 12, 2020.

Tags:
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely!! On a clan and personal level! =D=

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Kahara, Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Marie

Its been a busy few weeks, Ilona came to visit and as a blessing brought her father. Adrian was so happy to see his father and to see he was finally finding a way to smile since his wife's passing. He was thrilled to see his three grandchildren and played wonderfully with them. Vikki adores her grandfather, I despair knowing my own father, whoever he is, will never know that joy. He's a good man. We must make a trip to Eriadu soon, I hate to say it but he is not getting any younger.

Today was........well it was tough. My mother had a secret, it was a big one, and it turned up today. I have an older brother. Who knew? My mother for one! Aren appeared today, and damn he looks like me.....probably better looking in every way too. He arrived in the center of the tribal trading area, several young men in tow and with all the arrogance and nobility my mother offers asked to speak to me. I called for Sunil'na to come sit with the children, the twins are just starting to walk now and it's a big job I know. Vikki promised to help her so I went and grabbed Adrian on the way. It wasn't a quiet meeting, by the time I got there half the tribe or more was there. He declared himself my full brother, implying we had the same father. I couldn't confirm that, never have been able too. He went on to tell me he was a Warlock! Rare, but they happen and he proceeded to 'push' me slightly from a distance. That was when my mother, our mother turned up. She began ordering my guards to kill him and his group, she 'felt' scared, no, more terrified. She must have known he was different all along. I told my guards to stand down, fact was they hadn't reacted and only answer to me. Telling mother to shut up was satisfying to say the least and she left after that before I humiliated her more and telling me allowing him in would be a huge mistake. I asked Aren to sit with me in a room I rarely use, the throne room, but I didn't sit on that ludicrous seat, I sat on the step at the front of it, and asked him to join me. I wanted Adrian there too, he needed to see this meeting, to give his input. It seems my mother dumped him in the forest when he was 5 or 6, he can't recall exactly but she obviously wanted him gone and was unable to do the job herself. It surprised me how well spoken he was, educated as well. He'd been taken in by the group of men Adrian and I had encountered before and had, through hard work and skills going on to lead them. He remembered that day, but he wasn't in charge but he knew who we were. He then began to watch us, he saw we were making changes. Strange to think that we were being watched and I never knew.

He doesn't want to lead the tribe, he knows that tradition dies hard and that I am making changes, but he does want to bring his tribe, the males to join with us. He wants us to be as one, I had no argument, and I could feel that Adrian, despite his silence wants it too. We talked for an hour and in that time I agreed to give him the lands I inherited, from Mother, there was 4 hectares of fertile land and a home of sorts. It was small and I told him the could build what they needed and I would assist them. We know this is going to take time, and I warned him to keep his men away from town as much as possible to avoid altercations, and that when they did need to come in I should be informed so they can be protected from the elders who feel I am overstepping. This is all going to be a rough transition but I have to say when it was all done and Aren stood, I wanted to hug him. I had a brother, a big brother, and I had so much to learn from him, him from me. During our talk he learned I was a fighter pilot, and that was how I met Adrian. He and Adrian seemed to bond in the few words they spoke, and that warmed my heart. The road ahead will be rough, I know this, but I have two strong men either side of me, it's going to be fine.

Adrian

Life on Dathomir truly has a way of surprising me, been almost a year since the twins where born and things have become a bit more normal again. Ilona visited us a few times during the year and once dad came along, glad to see he has finally accepted and come to therms with mom's death. He probably won't be around for that many years anymore so I'm glad for every day we can still spent with him. But today it was the other side of the family that caused us drama. Turns out Marie has a brother! And I suspect more people knew of him than it seemed. Not sure if Marie noticed but I suspected he was the "other" Sunil'na mentioned a while ago. Asked her about it, later tonight and she admitted it, tough believing the boy had died in the wilderness and never mentioned him to spare Marie the pain.

But back to her brother, the two defenetly look quite alike, so I suspect his claim that they have the same father is true. Don´t want to imagine what he went through in his childhood. Marie's was never easy but I guess his was a lot worse, seems Chalise never cared for him the slightest, to the point she left him in the woods to die. Turns out though he didn't die but was found by Warlocks, members of that same tribe Marie and I run into a few years ago. He told me he has been watching us ever since, saw me go hunting alone on occasion, or how Marie treated me on our hunts. Its a bit creepy to learn that we have been watched so often but I understand why they did it. Eventually he had heard enough about his sisters actions, how she and I have been changing the tribe, that he decided to meet us, even make the first step to reunify the Shadow Streams clan with the Misty Falls. Its a huge step, but the other Witches just ignoring Chalise's demands to attack the group show that the tribe has truly come quite far since I first arrived here.

Stayed mostly silent during Marie's discussion with her brother, felt it was best to let these siblings have this moment to themselves, but had a nice chat with Aren afterwards. He's a nice guy, has the same sense of humor and snark than his sister has, so I guess blood is thicker than water after all. Can't wait to introduce him to Ilona. Afterwards he told Marie a bit about their dad, she never met him but as her older brother Aren has some memories of him. Have rarely seen my wife so emotional than today, finding out that she has a brother and learning about her dad for the first time is a lot to happen on a single day. Did my best to comfort her, it won't be easy to deal with these issues and get the Warlocks back into the community of the tribe, but together I have no doubt Marie and I can handle it.

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, talk about a day full of revelations but Adrian handled it with supportiveness and Marie with all the composure and poise of the true leader she has become. @};- Happy that Adrian's sister and dad were able to have a visit as well, a moment of tranquility. ;)

Kahara, Anedon and Adalia-Durron like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    It means a lot to us both that you have been continuously reading @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha - you are the reason we've kept this up, we have a devoted reader.

[​IMG]

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    *De-lurks*

No recognition for a faithful lurker? [face_laugh]

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: How am I to know you are lurking!?!? :eek:
    [​IMG]

8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Well, I do de-lurk occasionally. :D

Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Adrian

Vikki came to me this afternoon after playing with the twins for most of the day. She was very excited, having noticed something. Julien had used the force to pull one of his toys to himself, just as Vikki is able to do. So Vikki and I went back and I saw it for myself, felt very proud of my son for being able to use the force. Many of the older witches claim that men are almost never able to do so, but Marie told me that isn't true, even some of the slaves on Dathomir are force sensitive but their abilities are repressed due to the abuse they used to suffer their entire lives. Thankfully Julien won't have to go through any of this anymore, things continued to change in the last three years and since Marie's brother arrived and while men are still not completely equal its getting better, even some of the older Witches seem to slowly come around and recently I could have sworn to even have seen Chalise talk normally to some of our workers. Sariaha and Davron's daughter, Shena'li was also with us today, having become Vikki's best friend, and it seems she has inherited her mothers gift as well. But it seems Ana hasn't was a bit heart breaking for me to watch her try time and time again to do it like her brother and pull her playthings to her with her mind but nothing happened. When I came to Dathomir I believed that all women on the world could use the Force but I was wrong on that, while many have it several Witches don't. We've been teaching our kids we will love them regardless and I've reassured Ana that just because she comes after me in that regard there is nothing bad about it. Played together with the kids then for the rest of the afternoon, can't wait until Marie comes home later tonight from her hunting trip with her brother, to tell what happened.

Marie

Got home to some news, apparently Vikki saw Julian pull a toy to himself. I need to try to talk to him now, Vikki knows she shouldn't do that unless there is a good reason, now to teach Julian the same rules. Adrian tells me he watched Ana try, but genetics are like that, seems she missed it. Which is exactly why I must make sure Julian and Vikki don't show their abilities off around their sister. It's a gift, sure but I don't want Ana feeling less because she doesn't have Force abilities. I will also talk to Ana and remind her that Force users often get to cut corners and cheat, making them a little weaker over all. She needs to look to her father who has proved beyond a doubt that he does not need the Force to hunt, work or exist successfully on Dathomir, as non Force users are overall, stronger. She's very young, both of them are, but this is going to be a life long lesson for all three of them.

Hunting with Aren was good today, he and I work so well together and as a big brother, he's great. It's taken time but he trust me now and I him, and we talk all the time. His group are doing so well, and I've even seen some of the younger women out there with them. There's some good looking young men out there and I think they are getting noticed! We shared our rewards as I do with all I work with, 50/50 on all levels. Its a shame things are the way they are, in all honesty, Aren would have been an amazing Clan Leader, way better than me. He tells me there are a few in the tribe he has been watching, but he is afraid to act. I understand why, I've been in the greater galaxy, I know what's out there and how things work. I doubt the tribe is ready for his interests yet, but we are getting there. Its hard enough getting men treated equally, getting the older clanswomen to accept that males can be attracted to males is going to be near impossible. Its going to take time, and I asked him if he found someone along his lines to tell me first, he will need protection only I can give.

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent as we see the children growing up with their particular talents. The warmth and empathy as well as the encouragement Vikki, Julian, and Ana will receive will make them accept their own, and others' talents. [face_thinking]

11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha we really appreciate your continued interest and commenting. You are our most dear fan. :)

Adrian

Been twenty years since I last wrote something in my diary, lots of things happened and so I mostly forgot about it. But found it again recently and been reading through my old entries, even showed some of them to Marie and we remembered the times back then. It brought back mixture of both positive and negative feelings that's for sure. Though back to how the tribe was back then and shiver, but also think back to the people from that time, people who are no longer with us. Dad passed away a few years after my last entry, peacefully, in his armchair by the fire in our mansion on Eriadu. Made it a bit easier to accept that mom's the fact that he had a full life and didn't loose some of the years he could have had to a sickness. Now they are together again.

Chalise passed away a few years ago as well, interacting with her growing grandchildren really softened her quite a bit. I think Julien having the Force but Ana not helped her accept, if somewhat begrudgingly men are just as capable as women. Glad that Marie was able to make peace with her Mother eventually and even with Aren it seems things softened a bit. Can't say I mourned her nearly as much as my own parents but I can at least respect her for her decision to step down and let Marie change the tribe.

With Sunil'na tough, she was the first person I could call a friend on Dathomir, excluding Marie of course, it was almost as loosing my mother for a second time. It happened only a couple of months ago and reading my old diaries really opened these wound again. I'm really missing her, she was always there for us and just everyone else in the tribe, she always knew the way but was also just fun to be around and a second grandmother to our kids, especially to Ana, whom she took as an apprentice.

Its a great honor and now our daughter is the new tattoo artists of the tribe, I'm very proud of her. Julien instead seems to favor the wilderness often going on long hunts and explorations on the planet, of our kids he has the strongest bond with the force, while also inheriting his Grandfathers talent for diplomacy as he often visits the other tribes to show them what men are capable of if treated equally, he is also visiting the Jedi now and then and I suspect he is pondering joining their order.

Vikki on the other hand, well she reminds me more and more of her mother, really taking after Marie in most aspects and by now she has largely taken charge of the family business. Wonder if one of the three will one day be the new clan leader when me and Marie are no longer around, hard to say but I feel each of them would do a great job. Speaking of the kids Ion has almost become something of a second son to us as he is spending at least a month each year with us on Dathomir. He is a good boy and I'm sure Dad would be glad to know the Malek family will be in good hands as well once Ilona passes away. Also couldn't help but notice how he and Shena'li look at each other. Might ask Davron if he knows something about his daughters feelings. As for the tribe it has really become something different. When I came here the first time I was sold as a slave, now slavery is gone and men are pretty much equal, even though there are still some who resent the changes, some of the older Witches eventually left to join more conservative tribes instead of staying.

Aren and the other Warlocks have become a common sight in town and several have begun relationships with some of the younger witches, including Vikki herself, so maybe Marie and I will be grandparents in the not too distant future. Not really feeling our ages yet, but we are no longer in our prime as we where when we came to Dathomir. But I guess that's okay, we have each other, our kids, Aren, Ilona and her family and our friends. And in the end, I think that´s the most important thing.

Marie

Wow, feeling old now, Adrian found our Diaries! Its been around 20 standard years since I wrote in this thing. I quick scan back tells me my priorities have changed so much but I guess the was to be expected. Where do I start? Well, kids are not kids anymore, they're all adults now and living wonderful extraordinary lives. Ok, let's back up.

Adrian's Father, Ethan passed about 17 years ago, thankfully in his sleep. A trip to Eriadu was necessary and we spent time there after with Ilona and her family. Adrian was broken hearted, but unlike my father who I never knew, Ethan was a man to be in awe of. He achieved so much. It was good to see Amber there, she's Addie's cousin and remembered me from out brief meeting years before. It was only a few years ago that my mother had a stroke, sadly she didn't live long after that. We'd reconciled and she'd become a good grandmother to the kids, but I never felt close to her. I find that kind of sad but I know it was her choice. Kriff she even came to accept her son Aren over time, but she chose not to let us in. Big Tribal funeral for her, so many mourners, but interestingly enough most of them were the older women. Seems they saw their way of life dying when she died. Not a lie.

I think Sunil'na's passing was the hardest, she became the mother I needed. She cared for out kids, she educated Ana to replace her in her tribal role. Its a role she's taken to well, and I think it helped for Ana to know that the older woman was not born with the 'gift', but had become a very important person in the tribe. She had to be the oldest woman in the tribe, maybe there was something in that? She never had her own children so her legacy is Ana's now. Her's was a big funeral too, but interestingly many more turned out for it, including the men. She touched so many and I miss her, Adrian misses her, I feel it.

Vikki is shaping up to be the next Clan Leader, I've been guiding her for years now, I think Adrian is aware of it. She has what it takes and she is interested and engaged. I think another ten or so years and we can allow her to step up so Adrian and I can enjoy our later years in a semi retirement. Very proud of her, and there's a part of me that is thrilled that she looks a lot like me in many ways. She's seeing one of Aren's men and they seem happy, time will tell I guess.

Julien, wow. He's surpassed all expectations. He has his fathers good looks, his grandfathers diplomatic gift of the gab and seems to be the strongest of my three children in the Force. He's even been off world (other than Eriadu), I got him to meet Adalia, she introduced him to the the Jedi through her husband. He was impressed by them and saw a future I think there, where he could help the galaxy more. My son, a Jedi? It's on the cards, but he's said nothing as yet. His skills are already well developed.

Adrian and I have grown stronger as a team, we've both managed to keep our fitness and health well with a combination of traditional and modern medicine. I noticed a few grey hairs about 5 years back and I don't even comment on Adrian's, he still has all his hair, the colour has altered but it's quite distinguished. I still look at him sometimes and think how lucky I was that day I received the call from Kyp to join Adam and Adalia to defy both sides of the war. If I'd not gone, I'd not be able to look across my room at the man I married. The galaxy has changed so much but being an outer rim Dathomir was largely ignored. The Nightsisters left, a blessing I believe, to join the Sith that were attempting to take the Galaxy. What a mess it was for many years, but I think we are out the other side of that now.

It's our time now, to be us, to live, love and enjoy our lives.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is it, the final, quasi eqpilogue chapter to our story.
    @Adalia-Durron and I want to thank everyone who read, liked and commented on this story, it was a great ride. :)
    I also have to give extra thanks to Adalia for providing the beta for all the chapters written by me, that was very nice.
    And of course much thanks to @Warrior_Goddess for letting us use her character of Marie Firestone and expand upon her and her world.

Might not be the last time we worked with these characters either and of course we will continue playing them in the The Last Stand RPG for those who are intrested to see more of their earlier interactions. ;)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Kahara and Adalia-Durron like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Adalia-Durron and @Anedon -- congratulations on finishing the collaborative diary =D= A lovely, heartwarming close you gave us readers too, summarized sweetly:
    "It's our time now, to be us, to live, love and enjoy our lives."

This is what I want for all my favorite SW characters. [face_love]

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003