main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Praise be to Zardoz!"

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Pazuzu, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Does anybody remember a little-known British sci-fi cult classic by the name of Zardoz (1974), directed by John Boorman and starring Sean Connery and Charlotte Rampling?
    Well, if you've never seen it, you're in for something quite...well...different, let's put it that way!
    The story takes place in the year 2293, long after a nuclear holocaust. Sean Connery portrays Zed, the leader of a group of brutal warriors who worship this flying stone godhead by the name of Zardoz...until one day, when Zed decides to stow away inside the head. His journey takes him into the Vortex, a lush and green paradise presided over by an elite group of immortals, who regard him as a kind of primitive specimen and aren't really quite sure what to do with him!
    More than this, I will not reveal. But if you have seen Zardoz, I would definitely like to hear people's opinions and comments!

2. steve12553

steve12553 Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    I saw it on tape or cable many years ago but I really don't remember enough of it to have much of an opinion. I remember it was interesting but strange but it may have been 25 years since I've seen it.

3. Stained-Blade

Stained-Blade Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 16, 2005
    It was strange, weird and hard to forget. Somebody must have been doing some bad drugs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.