main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Pre current ST television show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ladygrey45, Jan 5, 2020.

1. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    JJ made the bed. He can clean it up.

The Lucasfilm TV division has talented, passionate writers, directors and showrunners. And their TV shows are beloved by millions because they create their own compelling characters and stories. They're not there to plug holes in the movies. I don't want their talents being squandered on "fixing the ST".

2. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    But, there is no way that JJ is ever going to fix any of this. If he's not willing to do it, it falls to the anthology movies (unlikely), the TV side, or books/comics. Some of these things are really important from a lore perspective. My preference would be not to have these things told in a book or comic as I don't know that it will do it justice.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    There's an article in circulation that's suggesting Abrams is done working with Disney; and gives reasons for it. I guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It sounds more Book worthy than something that could work in episodic form.

For something episodic, i imagine it would have to be able to go many different directions to keep things fresh.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  5. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Even if it was only a 4-5 hour miniseries? Just thinking out loud. This wouldn't have to be a multi year run or even as long as Mandalorian Season 1.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't have any issue with it, but as always I would wait to hear from the rest of my Forum Managers to weigh in.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Give it another week or so, some people still haven't seen it.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay cool since I knew that for some forums it was 2 weeks didn’t know if that was site wide

10. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    I’d say Rian made a mess of the ST, and JJ fixed it and it mostly worked, there’s so much that could be done during this series, luke teaching Ben, Ben being seduced by Snoke (palpatine) behind the scenes how palpatine was brought back unless they show this in TROS extended. Rey’s parents and her getting dropped off on Jakku. It’s rich with stories imo.

11. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That is not a plot hole. A plot hole is something that doesn't fit together or that uses faulty logic, not something that merely hasn't been mentioned yet.

Palpatine once had the facade of a honerable politician. He was popular on Naboo and wildly popular as chancellor of the Republic. It would be perfectly fine for him to have a relationship during that period. There are two possible ways to take that: either a proper relationship, which would not necessarily be build on actual love but could just as well exist because that's the kind of thing you need to have to make it big. After all, there have been more than a few marriages out of conveniance among the powerful over human history. Or, the whole thing could just be a random affair he had because he could.

The whole thing does come a bit out of the blue, but that doesn't make it a plothole as long as it doesn't contradict the past that we know of.

As for the general question; I very much doubt it, especially when you want to include everyone. Maybe at some point further down the line there could be something that goes a bit more in-depth about this period, maybe an animated show or so. But right now, they have more than enough on their plate already, and this isn't exactly the time to dive right back into it anyway.

Sarge likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I could've made the same argument for Ahsoka when she was first introduced in the TCW movie. Just because no one ever mentioned that Anakin didn't have a Padawan during the Clone Wars doesn't mean he didn't, right?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    teamhansolo likes this.
  13. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Hmmmm I wouldn’t want it episodic I find episodic tv boring if it’s not the main plot im not interested

14. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I don't know how accurate this is, but man do I hope so!

The first part that seems suspect to me is the dates...I'm guessing there's next to no way in Hades they have something this awesome coming later this year and haven't given any notice at all. They could be saving it for a big reveal, though!

The storylines given also seems just a little too developed for a show in production that has also managed to keep itself a secret. Then again, I guess animation kinda has to get a set script and go with it much more than live action does...

If this is accurate, it will almost definitely become my favorite Star Wars content. These are my favorite current canon characters. There are so many other things this show could do simultaneously! It could tie in to sequel trilogy characters (albeit the older ones); give some background to the Resistance as an idea in the heads of some (kind of like ROTS deleted scenes were supposed to show the Rebellion as an idea in the heads of Bail, Padme and Mon Mothma); they could come across some of the Sith Loyalists on missions from Exogol, or run into Ochie; we could see Palpatine's children on the run or whatnot; and there could even be crossovers with Luke and his Jedi Search.

Fingers Crossed!!

indydefense likes this.
  15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I pray that JJ is done with Star Wars. I personally think that his superficiality has harmed the GFFA (much more than RJ, who was simply working within JJ’s new playground), and I’m looking to the new TV creatives to heal it. Hopefully the ethic, tone, style and world-building approach driving the TV shows will also help reshape the moviescape.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  17. Darthur C. Clarke

Darthur C. Clarke Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2016
    I certainly hope so!!! This project is my single biggest wish in the SW universe right now! Thrawn, Ezra, Sabine, and Ahsoka? What's not to like?

TheCloneWarsForever likes this.
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    When will it be set?
    Something set during the OT, during the full blown revolution, would be fun.

A chance to animate the Trio at their prime.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  19. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    A few years after ROTJ since that was the time period for the Rebels stinger that teed this up.

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I totally would love to see Rey post TROS show, I know she and the other ST Big Three have said they're done but we have Harrison Ford and Ewan McGreggor back so I don't believe anyone is done. Like something very soon after TROS of Rey Jedi at Large with her badass yellow (and probably double bladed) staff lightsaber thingie. Even if it's just her on Jakku bossing around Unkar Plutt for 6 episodes I'd dig it.

I would also love to see something in depth with Snoke and Palpatine with Ian McDirmid and Andy Serkis but that seems way expensive for a live action TV series but maybe something in animation just to have those two actors being evil in a scene together.

As for the Ben Solo Jedi years, it's getting a brief overview in the Rise of Kylo Ren comic and we kind of know how it ends cuz they showed the destruction of the temple and him being chased by his former classmates.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope not. Let Rey rest. Come back to her and the crew in a couple decades when they’re wiser, and more interesting as actors. Don’t think they have much more to offer, at this point.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    wait does this mean if this supposed series does happen in November (right in the middle of Mandalorian S2) that we'll have to chose on a Friday at 3 AM EST to watch Hypothetical Rebels Sequel Show or Mandalorian Season 2 Episode 5?

I will simply look at the D+ app and then cry with indecision, probably.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    This video is just speculation upon speculation of Rumors. We don't really know anything about the next Animated show. There is something kind of interesting and scary about any idea a Rebels Sequel could connect to the High Republic era. The lamer and scary idea being someone like corrupted Ezra reopened the portal somewhere else and we've got time trave happening.