main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Pre current ST television show?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ladygrey45, Jan 5, 2020.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    can we ban youtube videos unless it's LFL trailers please? K thanks.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  3. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    While I don't like the ST and see them mostly as ill-fitting soft-reboots in a continuous story, I do think a post-ROTJ series under Dave Filoni's supervision, depicting Luke rebuilding the Jedi order, showing what happened to Coruscant, the formation of the New Republic and The First Order could make me appreciate a version of that era, similar to how much I enjoyed the finale of Resistance.

Now if he found a way to tie this into the further adventures of Ahsoka and Sabine, that would make for an even more interesting show.

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I think there is a high likely hood Luke will show up in the Rebels sequel. Dave seems to like doing that sort of thing. I don't think he will be a major player. It'd be more like Lando's guest starting on Rebels. That does happen quite early on in Rebels. We probably won't even have to wait long for Luke.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Take it with huge pitch of salt.

godisawesome likes this.
  6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I feel like "prequel/sequel" should just cancel itself out.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe a sequel with flashback. According to Jordan Maison, there aere contents being worked on for ST era in future.

8. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Actors say a lot of stuff but then will change there mind one day.

10. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    If they addressed LFL’s serious mistakes with the character, then Boyega could have good reason to feel like doing “what should have been done in the ST” on D+ instead.

The character is still the one with the most potential still untapped, both in his backstory and in his future, from the ST, and is one that could have a story unfold without touching anything too controversial from the ST, since he’s not part of the Skywalker mess.

His backstory being taken more seriously than the comic writers did pre-TROS, and his past being taken as seriously as it should have been post-TFA, make him the best avenue for building goodwill back up and delivering something valuable for everyone. A more dramatic and tragic portrayal of the First Order’s stormtrooper programming for the past, and a Jedi actually getting training or at least self-taught, in the same show?

Sign me up.

…Just don’t “ST it.”

11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This thread reminds me of this tweet

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I mean no disrespect, but I think the biggest mistake made by Lucasfilm was letting JJ Abrams define the conclusion of the Star Wars saga (the ST as a while, not just TROS). He just doesn’t have either the depth or the visual style to pull that off. And so we got a pale facsimile of Star Wars. With lots of running and yelling. Sound and fury and signifying nothing and all that...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well different strokes i suppose. So agree to disagree.

14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This week we can share that it appears John Boyega‘s Finn may be getting an upcoming Disney+ series. It had previously been announced that J.D. Dillard (Sleight) and Matt Owens (Luke Cage, Agents of SHIELD) were working on a Star Wars film. According to multiple inside sources, that movie concept is now being repurposed as a series. J.D. Dillard and Matt Owens are still attached and have since re-tooled the movie to now be a longer form Disney+ series focusing on Finn.

This says the exegol movie might be the series, so this might been a Finn movie.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  16. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    And what is the track record of the people claiming there's a Finn series?

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Proffesor hulk is a movie critis i believe. And i don't know about his track record but i think the website he works for is probaly reliable. He is the one who leaked of the inquistor show, witch seems more likley now with all the inqusitor action Kenobi is getting. Jordan Maison a credible leaker seems to think We will get more stories of them soon. I think one of the rumored animation movies could be that or series if they do, a live action post ST series so soon after the trilogy, seems little hard to believe but who knows. Disney wants star wars shows all year for their platform like Marvel, so each year 4-5 star wars shows.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Jedi Finn is a far more interesting idea for a show than anything pre-TFA. Please give me Jedi Finn.

20. Intergalactic Lawman

Intergalactic Lawman Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 26, 2020
    The Knights of Ren could have been a really interesting group to look into if they were Lukes former students that survived the temple massacre and joined Kylo...but alas, being no-one of interest was more interesting :oops:

Def Trooper, Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Jedi Finn with Rey and Poe pls.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

This guy is big Rey fan and says he has heard things, so this could berelated to the Finn disney plus rumor. So maybe it is legit.

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Or maybe he’s just a guy who wasted a lot of money on a billboard that’s going to influence absolutely nobody.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean he most likley wasted money yeah sure and they make a Rey and Finn series regardless,

25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    So the billboard thing was totally irrelevant.