main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Pre-Republic Era?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by NewApsolon, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewApsolon

NewApsolon Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2018
    What do people think about the Pre-Republic Era? There isn't much content about it and it doesn't get much attention but does anyone think it should be (have been) expanded on more?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    We got a comic series and a book. We also got some references and material from various essential guides and other sourcebooks.

Personally I love the period-you have the mysterious celestials, the fearsome Rakata, the gree, and kwa, ancient Tatooine, ancient humans and their war against the Taung, among other things.

It really deserves more love and attention.

3. NewApsolon

NewApsolon Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2018
    Definitely agree

Tython Awakening likes this.
  4. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I have managed to collect quite a bit of the material but haven't had a chance to read all of it. Daniel Wallace, John Jackson Miller, John Ostrander, Drew Karpyshyn, etc. When you consider all of the novels, comic series, short stories, audio dramas, guide books, that is a lot of reading. And then if someone is interested enough to read these stories, they probably also follow the animated series (Clone Wars and Rebels) and the new films.

There are over 100 individual comics titles that include Tales of the Jedi (over 30 issues), Knights of the Old Republic (56 issues), Old Republic (over 10 issues), Knight Errant (over 15 issues), Dawn of the Jedi (Over 16 issues), Lost Tribe of Sith (about 5 issues).

This era might be off-limits right now to allow new films and new canon to have creative freedom. I would be interested in an animated series from this era, more comics, novels, or films, but I would hope they fit with what has been published. I don't think Marvel Comics should be allowed free rein to reinterpret what has been established with Tales of the Jedi or Dawn of the Jedi. Revisiting this era doesn't seem to work right now.

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I liked what DOTJ was doing in the final days of Legends. It seemed like everything was finally getting explained and making sense and then Disney pulled the plug. We learning about the history of the Rakata and the Kwa, the origins of the Jedi and Sith, the implications of Sek'nos Rath and the Terentas were interesting (Does Rath loose fingers and bring the Terentas to Korriban?), etc.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.