main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Pre TPM - Dooku/Qui/Jocasta - 'One Lesson Too Many' Completed - 24 Feb 05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kynstar, Jul 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Looks great Kyn! :D Love your take on Dooku and little Qui. [face_love] Hope he finds Jocasta soon....they have a few 'things' to work out! ;)

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    He was always up before the alarm would go off, but he set it anyway just in case the day ever came that he happened to sleep in later.-- Sadly I know exactly how that is. :D

I love Dooku's thoughts of too many morning people! Ahhh, I feel rather sorry for Jocasta, though under the circumstances I can understand taking a sabbatical.

Excellent post Kynstar- I'll await the next part! :D :D

3. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I enjoyed the argument between Dooku and Qui-Gon.

Favourite paragraphs?

"Animals are precious life too! Just because they aren't as sentient as most beings in the universe are, it is no excuse!" Qui-Gon shot back as his control slipped. Why can't he see that? He's strong in the Living Force too? Why doesn't he understand??good portrayal of how Qui-Gon thinks about the Force.

Raising his long ears, he continued. "Too much alike, the two of you are." He closed his eyes for a second. "Hmmm, yes. Stubborn and prideful for your own good, you two are. Two traits a Jedi should not have." Yoda sighed as he eyed the two for their responses.

There were times when Qui-Gon wished that the Jedi Temple was actually on a different planet. Like Chandrila or even Naboo. He sighed as he thought of those two planets? luscious forests. At least we have the Room of the Thousand Fountains. I don?t know what I would do if we didn?t.

Qui-Gon had finished the eggs and was starting on the toast he had made. Dooku smiled as he spotted six pieces of the bread being placed on a plate.
    ..makes you think. Even Jedi have ordinary lives when they?re not on a mission.

4. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Jedikma: Yeah poor Jo...it's gonna take a couple of days for her to figure things out. Unfortunately this next part doesn't help her at all.

Thanks! I'll continue to post since you all have asked so nicely ;) and of course due to it having my fav man in it!! [face_love]

t_s: Hehehehe well Qui and Dooku are a challenge to work together. And the part after this post is going to even be more challenging...and definitely harder!

Dooku & Jo have some things to work out all right...but it isn't going to work out the way expected. Thanks for 'gandering' it for me! :D

Healer_Leona: Hehehe me too! I'm always up before my alarm and it is such a pain some times!
    Yeah I can sometimes vouch for Dooku there being grumpy. Majority of the time I fall in that line of 'morning people' but there are other times when I'm the one moaning about them! hehehe

Yeah Jo just can't get a grip due to her being soooooo keen on keeping to the Code, poor girl.

Thanks! :D

Keeper_of_Swords: Glad you liked the lil argument. It kind'a came out of the blue when Layren asked me to do a little spat between Qui and Dooku.

Yep, Qui has a soft spot for everything 'living' in general regardless of what it is.

I always got a kick out of how so alike Dooku and Qui are. I thought the lil bit with Yoda bringing it to their attention was a nice touch. Poor troll sees and senses the change in his old Paddy. He is sooo hoping Qui will help keep those changes from escalating and to keep them underwrap.

The part of Qui wishing the Temple was elsewhere...was kind'a my take. Not 100% sure if he'd ever think it, but I kind'a would due to the purity of the Living Force that exists in woods/forests. Cities are strong in the Living Force as well, but the corruption of 'mankind' delutes that purity.

Hehehe glad you liked my take on their breakfast (well Qui's anyways *snrk*). Even heroes gotta take time to feed their bellies, let a lone relax and take it easy sometimes.

Thanks for swinging by!!

Here's the next section... kind'a short but I split it from the other one so it wouldn't be quite so lengthy. *Shakes head* I swear... those two juz need to be shipped off and work this off, but not allowed it will be. Hehehehe

How can I just let you walk away, just let you leave without a trace
    When I stand here taking every breath with you, ooh
    You're the only one who really knew me at all

How can you just walk away from me,
    when all I can do is watch you leave
    Cos we've shared the laughter and the pain and even shared the tears

So take a look at me now, oh there's just an empty space
    And there's nothing left here to remind me,
    just the memory of your face
    Ooh take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
    And you coming back to me is against all odds and that's what I've got to face

I wish I could just make you turn around,
    turn around and see me cry
    There's so much I need to say to you,
    so many reasons why

So take a look at me now, well there's just an empty space
    And there's nothing left here to remind me, just the memory of your face
    Now take a look at me now, cos there's just an empty space

But to wait for you, is all I can do and that's what I've got to face
    Take a good look at me now, cos I'll still be standing here
    And you coming back to me is against all odds
    It's the chance I've gotta take

Take a look at me now

?Against All Odds? by Phil Collins

His first assumption was correct. As he stood outside the Map Room, he drew upon the Force and felt her signature inside. She was shielding herself, but with their dalliance last night he could sense past her strong defensive barriers. It must be due to the opening of our minds to each other last night. At that notion, he delved further into the Force and sent a comforting wave her direction. A startled and puzzled sensation filtered back to Dooku.

Jocasta had risen early this mo

5. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    AW COME ON!!! You just gonna leave her like that!!! :mad:

6. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    *Fan's herself* So intense Kyn! Love the interaction between Dooku and Jocasta, you've captured their tumultuous feelings so well. And Jocasta...how can you resist??? ;) Great job, Kyn!

7. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooooh Kynstar!! Lovely sweetie! after a rough week of moving this was an excellent post to read! Well done! You can't just leave poor jocasta like that :p and Dooku not happy -- hope he doesn't take his anger out on innocents :p

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LilQui-Gon: I know! I'm upset with him too! But she did tell him no...and that they shouldn't. He's only doing what she asked. Though *we* all know that she truly didn't want him to stop. hehehehe Poor chit, that adherence to the Code socks it to her again!
    Thanks for reading! ;)

t_s: Thanks! I know! I juz can't believe her! She's resisting his charms! [face_love] I'd switch places with her in a heart beat!! *snrk* hehehe

He was giving himself to her and then walks off cuz she struggles a little. Arg! Silly girl! But she did say no... *sigh* That man sometimes gets to me in more ways than one! Hehehe

Layren: Hope the moving is going well! Yeah, Dooku's pride got slammed. Poor lovesick fool, he should not have given into her denials. But he is a gentleman somewhat and did what she asked.

Speaking of 'taking it out on innocents' hehehehe How interesting that you would mention that! ;)

Glad that you're still enjoying this!

9. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    That was extrememly tense Kynstar. See, that's what can happen when beings aren't able to intergrate their feelings in their life... ignoring and sending them out into the Force cannot always be healthy.

I'm hoping Dooku is only going to take the time to adjust himself and his feelings. Not stay angry.

Excellent post!

10. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Another intense moment. Wow! You are really good at writing these two and the turmoil they feel.

Poor Jacosta!

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Healer_Leona: Yepper, the two are experiencing emotions that they have never felt before.

Nope it isn't very healthy at all. Very nerve wrecking and can interfere with normal activities which Dooku is about to find out...the hard way.

Thanks!! :D

Jedikma: Thanks! I'm trying to give them their due ;) they deserve it! We only know that there was a sort of 'relationship' but not too detailed so I'm 'winging' it from that ;)

So glad you're enjoying my take on them! :D

Yeah... Poor Jo! But fear not ;) she's gonna be hunting Dooku down... but not for the reasons you might think!

I'm gonna try to post prior to leaving... but it'll probably be after I return from GenCon (late Sat eve)

THANKS to you all for reading! Remember...it's you that wished this to continue and I've done that! [:D] so glad you're allowing me too :D

Those two needed to get together sometime ;)

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    OK :) Thanks goes to t_s for gandering so quickly ;) hehehehe Here's the next chappie!
    _____

Qui-Gon waited patiently in the exercise room while going over the information that his instructors had provided.

?Wow?four essays by the end of next week?? Qui-Gon was indeed surprised. But I should expect it. I am on the verge of being a Senior Padawan so things like this will be popping up more.

Sighing, he put away the datapad and began doing stretches while waiting for his Master.

The wait wasn?t long as Qui-Gon felt a familiar presence enter the vast gymnasium. He immediately noticed the deep scowl on the older man?s face.

Qui-Gon bowed to Dooku who in turn nodded. ?I have all the information from my teachers, Master.? Qui-Gon informed Dooku while the Master took off his robe, utility belt, over tunic, and boots.

?That is good to hear, Padawan. I take it you will be busy for the next couple of days?? Dooku asked, his voice was absent of emotion.

Qui-Gon smiled as he dismissed the feeling that something was amiss. ?Yes sir and it looks like I have four essays due by the end of next week. So I am definitely going to be bottled down for a while. I just hope I can find the time to spend with my friends.?

Dooku squared off with Qui-Gon and the young man noticed that the Jedi Master?s eyes were slightly glazed.

?Which kata shall we work on today Master?? Qui-Gon knitted his light brown eyebrows as he once again instigated the conversation. This is so unlike him?I wonder what happened this morning?

?Let?s go over the three that you started working on prior to our mission. I want to know how much you remember.? Dooku turned his lightsaber on and the green light expanded from the elegantly curved hilt.

Qui-Gon nodded and turned his own on. Though both blades were green, Dooku?s was slightly darker in shade.

The two started out slowly as Qui-Gon?s face took on the look of concentration and the Master?s was one of deep thought.

Qui-Gon could tell that his Master was not really paying attention and was only doing the moves out of habit.

About an hour into their practicing, Qui-Gon sensed more than saw a slight change come over the older man. The Master?s moves were quickening and the swings had more strength behind them. He also noticed that the dark brown eyes were now shimmering with a different light.

Qui-Gon focused on their bond as he parried an oncoming blow from his left. Circling around his Master, he picked up the sensation of anger through their link. Though the bond was heavily shielded, Qui-Gon was able to ?see? the rising anger by watching the Master?s graceful moves. Dooku had always told him to observe his opponent?s movements and read from them. And what he was reading from his Master was disturbing.

The Padawan struggled to keep up with the Master?s hardening swings as Dooku started on a different level of the katas that he was not familiar with. Something is wrong?what happened this morning? I doubt this is the result of yesterday. Could it? He?s never brought his anger out in our spars?

A warning began to tingle through the Force as he continued to block and maneuver around the Master. Qui-Gon was on total defense now.

Dooku?s thoughts kept falling back to the earlier meeting with Jocasta. How could she? I know she feels the way that I do. I sensed it! I know it! Blast the Code! Can she not disregard that one rule? It is just one! How dare she refuse me! A quiet growl came from him as he strove forward and got through the young man?s defense once more. Dooku was seeing but not truly ?seeing? his apprentice before him. He was at war with his emotions and was trying to win them over.

Qui-Gon bit his lip for the second time as Dooku scored another hit, this time on his right shoulder near his neck. The pain nearly caused him to drop his saber for he felt the burn even through the undershirt?s thin cloth. I?ve got to stop him, bring him back to himself.

?Master?? Qui-Gon called out as he continued to defend himself ag

13. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Oooh yay! updates! Oooh Dooku lost it there for awhile. Poor Qui-Gon got burned. This is truly turning out into an excellent fic! You protrayed Dooku's emotions and intensity so well! I envy your ability to write him :) Well done!

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh boy.. that's just what I feared. Not only did Dooku not release his feelings and calm himself, he took them out (unconsciously or not) on Qui-Gon. x-(

Now I don't see Jocasta finding out about this being anymore inclined to give in to her feeling.

Excellent post Kynstar.

15. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Another excellent post Kynstar

Interesting that Jocasta found out what happened. :eek:

Can't wait to see what happens when she confronts Dooku.

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Excellent. I'm sure that Qui-Gon is not happy about what is happening with Dooku. The Master should always be careful when teaching with lightsabers! I hope that Jocasta can make him see reason or is she just going to make it worse?

Good job

17. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

Well written posts.

I like the idea of Dooku having a green bladed saber.

Nice how Qui-Gon sensed Dooku?s anger through the Force.

Liked how you wrote sentences with both Dooku and Qui-Gon?s thoughts?

if he had not called through our bond...I would never hurt the boy. Never!

If he can lose it as a Master...then the Jedi are not as omnipotent as we may think.

18. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Excellent Kyn! That fight between Dooku and Qui-Gon was so intense. Poor Qui-Gon, he could just feel the intensity of emotions flowing through his Master. Love how you write our favorite Count! :D

Busted!!! Jocasta and Dooku have a few 'things' to talk about. Looking forward to it!

19. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Layren: Thanks [face_blush] I try to do the man credit! ;) Yep the man hates not having control. It's one of his pet peeves not being in control of things hehehe. Glad you're still enjoying the fic!!

Healer_Leona: Yep, the man actually had something get under his skin and to the point that it interferred with his training of Qui.

Yeah...she isn't thrilled at all, more like appalled that he'd do such a thing or let alone allow it to happen. Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Jedikma: Thanks! Yep...thought that it would be an interesting twist to have Jo find out. Though Qui didn't want to really give her any details. Poor kid...caught in the middle. hehehe

Yep the 'confrontation' is gonna be interesting indeed!

dianethx: No kidding! Qui was definitely surprised by what happened! You'll see if this 'confrontation' worsens or betters Dooku and his 'control' or rather his lack of control.

Keeper_of_Swords: Thanks! Yep their bond is strong though neither quite knows it. Glad you liked those thoughts! They're a few of my favorite ones too! :D

t_s: Thanks! Yep Qui tried his best, but he knew something was wrong juz not sure as to what it was.

I do try to give our lusty Count to be the fame he deserves! [face_love]

Oh yeah! Those two... man I shake my head at each encounter them two have! This next section is gonna be quite interesting...believe me! ;)

I should have it up toward the middle of this week. (next chapper that is) I juz gotta type it up. I wrote it during the 9 hour trip back ;) It came pretty quick. Good thing I wasn't driving! Otherwise... well better not say! Don't wanna ruin it for yas! hehehe Thanks for reading!

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    It's typed and should be postable Wed or Thurs. :)

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Well here it is... hope it comes to par! ;) Get your fans ready once more! hehehe

You oughta know by now
    that a man can't hold on forever,
    so why do you keep waiting here
    when you know it makes me want you more?

You oughta know by now
    how it feels to be loved,
    so why do you keep me hanging here,
    with this stone around my heart, dragging me down, down, down

When all I'm trying to do is trying to get next you, let me, let me in.

You oughta know by now
    or maybe someone should show you
    that a man needs to be loved
    and even in this man's world
    with you it don't come easy

You oughta know by now
    that no man can sleep at night
    with a burning in his heart
    that would tear this man apart
    take me out of my misery,

'Cos all I'm trying to do is trying to get next to you, let me in, let me in.

You oughta know by now
    just how good it feels to be wanted,
    and no man could love you more,
    so why can't you show me something,
    just a little bit of something?

You oughta know by now
    all the things a man has to do in his life,
    and all these things I do
    you know that I do it all for you, I do it all for you.

'Cos all I'm trying to do is trying to get next to you,
    yes all I'm trying to do is trying to get next to you.

Let me in, let me in,
    let me in your heart.

"Oughta Know by Now" by Phil Collins

Dooku stood at the foot of a small wooden bridge that crossed over the stream of water which flowed freely throughout the vast room. He knew that this spot was his Master's favorite.

I bet the old troll would die laughing if he knew of my predicament. His perfect Padawan has lost control? He laughed sarcastically under his breath as he put his hands inside the sleeves of his robe. He then lowered his chin upon his chest and sighed. There is a reason for the mantras?and once more I have ignored them. Sighing once more he looked up and over at the waterfalls in the distance.

There can be no peace?no serenity while I can't have her. But some how I must achieve them for the boy's sake if not for my own. He paused in his thoughts as he felt a slight tremor in the Force. Someone was searching for him through the Force, closing his eyes and concentrating he tried to pick up the person's signature. It's her?she's looking for me?

He turned around and saw Jocasta coming down the pathway. The look on her face was not pleasant as the scowl twisted her lips downward.

"How could you, Yan? You took out your frustration on Qui-Gon?" She asked as she came to a stop a few feet in front of him.

Dooku straighten to his full height and eyed her down his nose, bristling at her implication. "I do not have to discuss anything with you that pertains to my apprentice." His voice was neutral as he continued to stare at her.

Jocasta fumed even further as her cheeks flushed and her brown eyes flashed. She was not amused at his haughty behavior. "Come with me then?Master Dooku so we can talk about this civilly." Jocasta said as she turned around and walked to one of the few meditation rooms that were at the back of the Room of the Thousand Fountains.

Dooku clenched his jaw and narrowed his eyes as he watched her walk away tensely and without thinking he followed her.

She saw Qui-Gon? She's upset? His steps faltered as he remembered her expressions at how it brought color to her face. I have never realized how beautiful she is when she's riled up.

He followed her through the doorway that led to a small meditation room. It was meant for only a couple of people and when the door closed behind him, his breath caught in his throat. Alone with her again? He eyed her warily as she turned around and crossed her arms across her chest. He remembered that this was her stance for when she was really ticked off.

Lifting his chin slightly to look down at her once more, he crossed his own arms mockingly.

"How could you? I saw one of the burns, Yan! He is just a boy!" She uncrossed her arms and began to gesture slightly

22. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Ooooh wonderful post! Just as powerful and intense the second time around. I think my favorite was Dooku realizing that he wanted a family and he considered Qui-Gon to be like his son ... how sweet!

The Code was wrong in condemning attachments in my opinion and I think that's part of the reason they fell. Excellent post!

=D=

23. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Nice post! And intense!

I liked the thought that Dooku thought about Qui as a son and he the father and Jacosta the mother. A natural progressin of thought I would think.

Yoda seeing it as meant to be is an interesting twist.

Can't wait for more. :)

24. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Very intense and well done Kyn! Love Dooku in this, I can just see him at first responding defiantly and then opening up to what he has done. And he and Jocasta oh my gosh! *fans herself* Alright, well done!

I also like the fact that he looks at Qui-Gon as a son and Jocasta as his mother. A family. [face_love] Wonderful stuff Kyn!

25. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey Master! ;) *Nods* He has never thought that because of the way he is. But those awaken feelings that he has now has totally got his mind a tumbling with all kinds of new thoughts.

Next chappie he ponders on those awaken feelings.

I agree that it helped with their downfall of not allowing attachments.

Glad you're still enjoying the fic!

Jedikma
    Thanks! [face_blush] Yep yep totally not like Dooku, but Jo juz brings all kinds of twists to his regal control! hehehe

Well the Force knows what is in store for Dooku and hopes to disway him by 'encouraging' this! ;) hehehe
    (well my perception of it *shrugs* though what happens later on - Corruption of the Republic and a couple other things that I'm gonna add later on down the road)

t_s
    Hehehehe thought you'd like this too! Yep another fanning time! But it'll be a while before he has another 'steamy' encounter! hehehehe ;)

Thanks for gandering!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.