main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Prediction time: Who gets killed in Ep IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Glitterstimm, Apr 21, 2018.

?

Who gets killed? Vote for as many as you want.

1. Kylo

49 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Rey

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Finn

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Poe

17 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. Hux

84 vote(s)
    80.8%
  6. Rose

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  7. Leia

65 vote(s)
    62.5%
  8. Luke (again, somehow)

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  9. Chewie

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  10. BB-8

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Simple question: who’s going to punch their ticket, buy the farm, bite the dust, get whacked?

Personally I suspect that Rose will get killed by Kylo or another Knight of Ren in Act 1. Then I think Kylo will get killed in Act 3 by Rey. And Hux will get unceremoniously exploded at some point. Everyone else makes it out ok!

Edit: And I know this seems unlikely but I suspect that Leia will not be killed or even die, at least not explicitly. I think they will have an ambiguous explanation for her absence, like she's retiring and passing on her responsibilities to someone else.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  2. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Hux for sure..

Strongbow, Deerborne and Lost_Hope like this.
  3. Herald of Mandos

Herald of Mandos Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 1, 2018
    I voted Hux, Rose and Chewie, with question marks over either Finn or Poe (but not both).

My reasoning- based on what I think is most likely, not my own preferences:

Darth Emo Quiverlip has at least a 95% chance of living forever because LFL wuvs him so. Sigh.

Since Kylo is immortal, Hux is deadmeat. Pretty much has "disposable villain" branded on his forehead anyway.

Rose is 100% doomed, because nobody likes her.

The rest of the new heroes will probably make it out (especially Rey and the cute droid) but there is an outside chance of Finn or Poe buying it due to the perceived need for a more impactful character death.

Leia will technically not die in Ep IX, either because she will be said to have passed away between movies or because, as suggested, there'll be some plot contrivance whereby she somehow remains officially alive, but perpetually absent.

From the general vibe of Mark Hamill's recent comments, Luke probably gets, at most, a brief Force Ghost cameo, and maybe not even that. So no- though it would be funny, in a way.

That leaves Chewbacca. As a member of the old guard and as a beloved character whose demise would upset everyone, I'm afraid the Wookiee is toast. Chewie toast.=((

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    KSennia likes this.
  4. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    I think it's already a given that Finn, Rey, Poe, and BB-8 are safe since LF is planning stories for them beyond IX.

The only characters I can really see dying are Hux and Kylo Ren--the former probably by the latter's hand.

5. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Please not Kylo, he is very interesting as a Dark Side user, I want to see more of him when is is older and wiser.

6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Leia will already be dead but Hux & Kylo for sure.......

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Moving this to the Episode IX forum.

Also, Hux is a dead man walking.

Lomesa, Birkendoc, Bor Mullet and 3 others like this.
  8. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    As I've posted elsewhere, I think Leia's off-screen death will be referred to, but the filmmakers are looking at trouble no matter what they do in this respect.

They've got to kill off at least one major villain, so it'll be Hux; the only question is if he'll go with dignity or, to borrow a line from Samuel L. Jackson, "go down like a punk". Given the general mirroring of plotlines, if Kylo/Ben is killed off, it'll probably be in the course of a heroic sacrifice, though I wouldn't completely dismiss a faked death following redemption. And is it wrong of me to hope DJ gets what's coming to him for his betrayal in TLJ?

I don't think they'll kill off Chewie; you can't wipe out the whole old guard from the physical world and still keep the fans happy. The same with the current crop of heroes. Knocking over one now could only be done for shock value and for the sake of "darker & edgier" tones, and I've personally grown very tired of both.

And expect loads of soldiers on both sides to get killed off. I just wonder if one get an Ewokian "Please wake up!" moment.

AFTERTHOUGHT: One other possibility regarding the villains is that we'll see Snoke's real death. I have a feeling what we saw in TLJ wasn't what we thought we saw.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Doom_Buggy and Deerborne like this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I put Kylo Ren-before I saw Hux was an option. I'm sure Hux will be killed. Probably by Kylo Ren. But I have a stronh feeling Kylo Ren will die, ultimately sacrificing himself in order to save Rey and her friends. That is my prediction.

Deerborne likes this.
  10. DjTomek

DjTomek Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 20, 2018
    Hux and Leia most surelly, Kylo is at 50/50, nobody can say.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Prediction! Hux and Kylo live! The movie ends with Hux escaping and Kylo at the beginning of his path to redemption goes off to look for Hux.

Leia sadly dies.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    My top 5 guesses going from most to least likely:

Kylo
    Leia
    Lando
    Chewie
    R2D2 and C3PO

Honorable Mention: Millennium Falcon

13. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Well the ST is known for letting the past die and I sadly don't see 9 breaking the mold.

That means Leia, Lando and Chewie get my votes. I don't think they will destroy the droids. They've been killed on screen enough in this trilogy imo by letting BB8 do everything. For them to die would be meaningless in this story. They don't have any ties to the new characters.

I think all of the new characters live. I can't see LF having the guts to destroy one of the new characters.

14. Herald of Mandos

Apr 1, 2018
    Mr Calrissiam isn't an option on the poll, presumeably because he hasn't appeared in ST yet, nor has it even been hinted he might in future. But I agree- if Lando does show up, it will only be to die painfully.

15. HighWiredSith

HighWiredSith Jedi Master star 2

Nov 25, 2001
    Since JJ Abrams is directing and this will be the third film in the trilogy, I'm guessing many Bothans are going have to die...again.

Obvious answer is Leia since Carrie Fisher is dead and it's been stated a couple of times that there are no plans to CGI her into the film. The question is, will she die between films or off screen. Hux is pretty much toast as well, along with most of the First Order. Maybe they'll pull a Rogue One and everybody dies. At this point, I'm not sure it would bother me all that much.

16. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I went for everyone! LFL loves a downer...

17. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I thought I read that when Lucas sold the franchise to Disney he had it written into the contract that they couldn't kill R2, 3PO, or Chewie.

18. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Lucas: *let's add a final amendment .... kill off all legacy characters in a shameful way so people will love me again and praise me as the god of Star Wars forever. Do not mention the prequels too often .... Signature: Geooorge Waaalton Lucas Jr.*
    [​IMG]
    Iger: "Will do so, 4bn$ instead of 6bn$"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lucas: *Thinking about vultures*

19. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Everyone, I hope.

20. milena

milena Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2018
    My prediction: Hux and Leia.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  21. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    I've been rather sad to see the old characters go, to make room for the new ones. It didn't seem necessary as they did great job with the new generation. But going by that token, Leia, Lando, and Threepio are the ones I'm looking at. Out of the droids, Threepio is the only one that seems dependent on the actor, so he needs to go. I feel the bad guys need more named characters on their side, so I'd expect to keep Hux around for now.

22. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Because that’s what happens when you stage an evil coup in IX. Now you have the Resustsnce and Kylo actively aiming for your head.

Strongbow likes this.
  23. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    And now I want to see Hux secretly feeding information to the Resistance to get Kylo killed/ensure his rule is a failure, but then the First Order discovers his treason. So the now the stormtroopers hate Kylo because he's nuts, they hate Hux because he's a traitor whose leaks got a ton of stormtroopers killed, and now all the pieces are set for Finn to lead a stormtrooper revolt.

Deerborne likes this.
  24. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    My bad I actually didn't look down the poll list. I assumed he would be on there. I mean, I think he has to at least get mentioned. Especially if there is big critical acclaim with Lando in Solo, many new comers will be like "what happened to Lando?" along with us still waiting to see.

25. Herald of Mandos

Apr 1, 2018
    Hey, seems I somehow spelt "Calrissian" with an "m"! Damn late-night posting!

@Jamtia. He's probably in some remote section of the Outer Rim, hiding from the First Order Story Group.

Jamtia likes this.