main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Prediction time: Who gets killed in Ep IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Glitterstimm, Apr 21, 2018.

?

Who gets killed? Vote for as many as you want.

1. Kylo

49 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Rey

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Finn

16 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Poe

17 vote(s)
    16.3%
  5. Hux

84 vote(s)
    80.8%
  6. Rose

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  7. Leia

65 vote(s)
    62.5%
  8. Luke (again, somehow)

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  9. Chewie

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  10. BB-8

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andy Hong

Andy Hong Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2018
    I'd plan for Leia, Phasma, Snoke (again) and maybe Kylo to die. If Luke is force ghosting then he wouldn't die again.

2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Kylo Ren. Something has to be done about Leia too.

Oh yeah, and Luke's Force ghost will die.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Krueger and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    I want Rey to go. Her "arc" has been up, up, up. At least that would give her some character depth.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    What if Rey dies but before her death Kylo turns to the light. Having him become the last skywalker and Jedi.

5. Jozgar

Jozgar Jedi Master star 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Leia will already be dead at the start of the film; they said they weren’t going to recreate her digitally and they won’t recast her either.

As for those who will die IN the movie- Hux will definitely die, Kylo may be redeemed but will probably die regardless. If they’re really brave, they’ll kill off one of the three protagonists, but they would have to make sure it’s meaningful and not just for shock value.

Rey already has plenty of character depth, and killing a character off doesn’t automatically give them more depth.

6. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Leia mentioned to be dead in the opening crawl and a few Knights of Ren will die.

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Leia's death will be explained away in the crawl, and some sort of service for her might be the opening scene, or at least one of the first scenes.

Hux is a goner, and I doubt Phasma is coming back.

If Kylo Ren is redeemed in any way, he'll live to atone for his actions, or at least survive to live with the guilt of what he's done. However, he's denied redemption two films in a row now. I don't think he'll be redeemed, and I do think he'll die with the knowledge that all his terrible acts were for naught, and that his own terrible legacy won't outlive that of his parents or his uncle. His name will be forgotten, theirs won't be. They were heroes, he was nothing more than another stumbling block on the road to peace.

Of the heroes I think Poe is the most likely to die, and if he does it would probably be halfway through the film to up the stakes for the climax. Finn and Rey are both safe, as is Rose.

The droids are safe; if they touch any of those three, I will riot in the streets. Chewie is similarly safe, although I could see the Millennium Falcon going down in a blaze of glory, or just being destroyed in some way.

8. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    That's laughable. She does not. She spent the entire TFA being reactive and took a backseat to Kylo in TLJ, who she became defined by and is pretty much the only "depth" she has. A death would give her a more interesting arc for sure, at least some arc.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I think we'll see Leia's ship destroyed in the opening sequence. We may see her by hologram but I think we may see a Star Trek type opening sequence.

10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    R2 will be the only survivor.

11. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Hux
    Chewbacca
    Nien Nunb

And then we'll get some new characters who will get killed off, as usual. I say Kylo's about 50/50. If Lando shows up, he's a goner. They would want to end the character while Billy Dee Williams is still alive.

12. Finland Skywalker

Finland Skywalker Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 13, 2016
    Everyone will die.

13. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Wilhelm. And he will scream when it happens.

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kylo, Hux, Leia.

And Poe.

C'mon, Abrams has been trying to kill him off since the 1st draft of Force Awakens. He's due!

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  16. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Leia will be gone by IX IMO.

My money is Hux and Kylo, by that order.

17. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    Leia, Hux, A few Knights of Ren

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Movie will start off with Leia's funeral, so there's that. Phasma will return and kill Rose, and Finn will destroy her once and for all. Hux will die during Poe's attack on his fleet. And while taking on his KOR and defeating them in the process, Kylo Ren redeems himself, and both he and Rey, not to mention broom boy, will be thought dead in all the confusion and go into hiding together, thus preserving the Jedi Legacy for the future. The end. ;)

19. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Leia, Hux and Kylo.

20. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Kylo and Leia. I don't know why but if the Falcon goes down I will be very sad. :_|

21. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Kylo - he might turn to the light but he has done too many bad things. Not killing him would be too complicated.
    Finn - Would have some meaning because it would mirror the fight against Kylo in TFA in a way.
    Chewie - After Han´s death he is kinda surplus, although his death would be a bit dark
    R2 - They have to reduce droids at some point, maybe he dies with the Skywalker saga.

Rose might be dead already from how the scene looked in TLJ

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think they'll figure out a way to keep Leia alive. It won't be perfect but TLJ already set up Leia giving up the more active leadership role in the Resistance to Poe. I think she'll be rallying the forces to the Resistance cause. Maybe a bit like Gandalf in TTT. Off on her own for the majority of the film but comes in at a pivotal moment.

Hux is a goner. Kylo will likely kill him but I still love the idea of him being crushed to death by the foot of an AT-AT.

I think Kylo Ren lives. He ends up in exile on Tatooine trying to atone for the crimes he's committed. The Skywalker Saga ends with him and his uncle and grandfather looking out at the twin suns.

Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose all survive.

23. WookieeShampoo

WookieeShampoo Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Even if you cut Kylo some slack for being tempted by the dark side he still is a terrorist, murderer and committed war crimes. Exile seems too soft for what he has done ,both from an in-universe and a fan POV, unless he does something that outweighs blowing up several systems..

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Meting out punishment for Kylo like he's a real person doesn't really interest me. I don't think in those terms. I just want a satisfying conclusion to his story. I like how poetic it is that Kylo would end up on Tatooine and we close the Skywalker Saga where it all began. It's a nice little parallel to Anakin and Luke too. They begin their journeys on Tatooine while Ben ends his there.

25. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I've always loved this idea. He has been so wrapped up in idolizing a grandfather he never knew. What better way to understand his grandfather--and his uncle for that matter--than to walk in their footprints on Tatooine and get in contact with who they were and where they came from.

Execution is easy (and really, truly boring from a storytelling standpoint.)

Living with the consequences of your actions and trying not to make those same mistakes the rest of your life is much harder, and a much rewarding story.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018