main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel Trilogy MUSIC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Among my fav music is the choral section of Qui-Gon's funeral music. Very powerful & was brilliantly re-used during Padme's funeral in RotS. I can see that featuring again in the ST if there's a very somber funeral scene. In fact to me it would be out of place not to use it.

Tonyg, Davak24, AmidalaLover and 4 others like this.
  2. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Oh yeah, that one is so emotional and haunting in a way.

3. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    My favorite prequel music:

TPM: Anakin's Theme, The Flag Parade, Duel of the Fates, The Tide Turns
    AOTC: Across the Stars, Bounty Hunter's Pursuit, Jango's Escape, The Arena
    ROTS: Anakin's Betrayal, Anakin's Dark Deeds, Battle of the Heroes, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    Both TPM and ROTS: Funeral Theme

BOLD=super favorite

4. Thiazzi

Thiazzi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 27, 2015
    I love so many pieces by JW. Anakin's Dark Deeds, Anakin's Betrayal, but the one I love the most isn't even on the OST. It's the funeral music played when Padme's casket is being led through the streets of Naboo (it's an instrumental interpretation of Qui-Gon's Funeral music and far more tragic). Then it descends into the menacing and odious Imperial March, and everything melts inside. It's soo good!

EDIT: Curses, Darth beat me to it! I should have read the posts before actually posting, but you're free to listen to it because it's awesome!

5. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    No you're right, that's an amazing version too. I'd forgotten that it uses a lighter female choir rather than the baritone men's vocals of TPM version. Both are incredible.

cameron.osborn likes this.
  6. SWfan1020

SWfan1020 Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 15, 2013
    My favorite musical piece.. there are so many...

That is yet another reason I am a fan of the prequel trilogy, the music. Such pieces as overt and loud as the droid march on Naboo and Duel of the Fates, to the ominous soft chanting of rahtahmah as Darth Maul is stalking the heroes add much depth and another dimension to the world and characters shown on screen.

Tonyg, cameron.osborn and mes520 like this.
  7. Ditolus

Ditolus Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 22, 2005
    JJ doesnt seem to be the biggest prequel fan.

8. Darth Mikey

Darth Mikey Jedi Master star 3

Sep 7, 2015
    I really liked Anakin's Theme from TPM. So hopeful, and full of innocence. LOL!

I also enjoyed the End Credits from ROTS, not only for what we assumed - at the time- was the last time we'd hear that John Williams score on the bigscreen, but I absolutely LOVE this version of Leia's theme. Has a sadness tinge to it, and while still the same as the one from ANH, it is also completely different, and has an echo of...regret?

9. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I love Duel Of The Fates and The Imperial March in tragic mode at the of AOTC.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  10. DeanVantis

DeanVantis Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 30, 2015

You can't ignore something just because you dislike it. What's been done is done and is etched into history. He might as well just use the best elements from the prequels, since he seems to be lacking in terms of originality. :p

Andy Wylde likes this.
  11. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Not as big as the OT obviously but I wouldn't say he's "not a fan". In fact he has said he's a big fan of TCW & watched it with his daughters. In any case, John Williams will have a major influence on the choices of music for these films. You'd think Abrams would acknowledge the guy's expertise & collaborate but also respect the direction he chooses. Williams knows the music of the whole Saga & I'm sure he'll build on all of the music that has come before.

Alienware likes this.
  12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I do as well it was a superior score. Outside of Dual of the Fates, Battle of Heroes and Across the Stars, there is the Celebration music at end of TPM. the music where Obi Wan finds Kamino, all of the Sith Palpatine movie. Its just a great soundtrack.

13. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    Duel of the Fates and Battle of the Heroes are some of the best film music tracks of Star Wars, perhaps ever.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  14. ManlyEwok

ManlyEwok Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2014
    The whole last half hour of ROTS is my favorite bit of PT music...

Darth Mikey likes this.
  15. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    One of my favorite pieces of music in this trilogy is where the Jedi and Jar Jar first swim to Otoah Gunga. As they swim to it and the eerie music that is playing while the Jedi talk with Boss Nass. Actually the whole under water sequence music is really good.

darskpine10, AmidalaLover and mes520 like this.
  16. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Can't wait to see what musical pieces from the PT will be included in the ST.

Darth Downunder and mes520 like this.
  17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Shame we have to wait until Dec 18th for the soundtrack! In the meantime have a listen to this. Amazing.

d_arblay likes this.
  18. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I would also like to make a bold statement and say that Duel of the Fates is at the very least, equivalent in power to The Imperial March. Both are obviously quite different in conception and execution, but both are equally superb villainous themes.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Indeed, they are. I listened to both in the car a few days ago.

enigmaticjedi likes this.
  20. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    If there is a single one, I'll be surprised.

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    I won't be. Williams will be the one creating the score. I'm sure he respects his own work from the prequel episodes.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. d_arblay

May 26, 2005
    I have no doubt he does. But of the ones that were specifically created for the PT, which cues do you think would make narrative sense to use? One might say Duel Of The Fates perhaps, but given it's obvious absence in the OT, it would probably seem out of place. There's that and the perceived move away by the filmmakers from the PT era.

My prediction is that the score will be made up of new material and cues from the OT. There won't be much room for anything else.

I would of course be delighted to be proven wrong.

23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    No don't expect Duel of the Fates. I think Qui-Gon's funeral music is the biggest chance to feature. There's no better music for a funeral scene. Otherwise some subtle cues could be blended in here & there. A few notes of Across the Stars, Anakin's Theme, Battle of the Heroes. I'm talking very subtle stuff, not full recreations of those themes. It depends. There's talk of a flashback or two featuring. If they deal with anything related to the prequel era a few familiar notes may be heard.

24. d_arblay

May 26, 2005
    My fear is that Abrams will opt to stay away from all of that.

25. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    It may not be a part of this story. If that's the case I'm fine with that. Still think there will be a few subtle PT musical references blended in