main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Have been lurking since the first post. [face_blush] . But with the entrance of baby Luke, couldn't help posting. I really like Whie...such a self-composed, yet tortured soul - Obi-Wan will be good for him. And Obi with the babe [face_love]

I am so looking forward to more.

2. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    :) Nice job OE.

3. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Bail is a good benefactor but I hope it is not all rations. :D After seeing what happened to the jedi I can feel for his worry for Whie and not wanting that life for him. Whie does have his own ideas.

I?m glad Obi-Wan can share his past experience with Whie. Even with doubts Obi is broken in as a teacher. Though Anakin was his recent experience I hope he remembers Whie is a different person. Being the last jedi they need each other. I do have confidence, if anyone can get through to Whie, it?s Obi-Wan. :)

4. -The-Negotiator-

-The-Negotiator- Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    "I know what the Darkside feels like. How easily it can slip under your skin and make you forget everything you were taught."

This line gave me such shivers. :eek: You're really pulling at the heartstrings, o_e, in all the right ways. I love how you've written Whie, and Obi-Wan's gentle, sad reaction to him.

5. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    :eek: You started a new fic! [face_dancing]

As is the pattern with your fics OE, I'm hooked! :p

Can't wait to see how Whie and Obi-Wan get along together on Tatooine. They have both suffered so much loss. Perhaps they will be just what the other needs.

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl These two have a lot of demons to face. It would be nice if they could help one another. :(

Noi I think raising Anakin and his fall has taught Obi a lot about how to deal with a child. Let?s hope so anyway. ;)

Jedi_Tigris Turning Luke over will be harder for this Obi than it seemed to be for ROTS version. :_|

Diane Aw! [face_blush] Thanks for the lovely words. I do like this character a lot and want to do him justice.

TKL Poor Whie may suffer from more of those nasty dreams as he grows. :_|

Kynstar Hopefully I can weave some more DR references in as we go along. It will be fun to see if you guys can pick them out. :D

Koori You don?t have to read it. But you?d be silly not to. :p

Jade Read it you should. Yes! [face_hypnotized]

Sapphire I can see Obi-Wan trying to remember the good in his former apprentice. I?m sure that changed once he learned Vader was alive. [face_worried]

TS Is Whie going to have some more prophetic visions? Could be! ;)

Shadowolf I know! I wanted to hug him as I read DR and it?s carrying over into my story as well. Poor Whie! :_|

PK So. Do any reading on the trip? [face_thinking]

Princess A Welcome! :) Thanks for delurking. I hope to keep this interesting and hope you stick around.

Birdy Thanks dear. :D

Altaira Obi-Wan is used to dealing with tortured souls at any rate. :(

Negotiator Hi. So thrilled Whie is pleasing so far. It?s important to me that I keep him as close to his DR counterpart as I can. :)

Bekah Hi stranger. Glad to have you along. It seemed odd not seeing your happy face. :(

Chapter Four

Tatooine. The planet's twin suns beat down, mercilessly heating the planet but keeping the sodium-rich deserts alive. Home to two sentient races, the Jawa eagerly interacted with the general populace, while the Sandpeople kept to themselves, shunning the array of beings that had decided, for what ever reasons, to settle on the sand planet. Run by the Hutts, Tatooine was an active base for smugglers, slave traders and a score of equally undesirable occupations.

Obi-Wan knew it was also an excellent place for one to lose themselves amongst the crush of humanity. Fingering his beard, he studied the hustling streets as if contemplating an intricate holochess move. He was well aware of the fact that one misstep could bring unwanted attention to himself, but more importantly, his priceless charges.

His lips lifted at the edges as he took a few seconds to think about the two boys. The Force had decided to shine on him once again, making Luke a well-behaved and happy baby. The few times the child did grow fussy, all Obi-Wan had to do was speak to him in a soft voice and the little one would grow still, as if soaking in his words. It still amazed the Jedi Master every time he held the child to feel the incredible surge in the Force. Although not as strong as his father, Luke would no doubt one day rival young Whie in his abilities.

Whie. The smile slowly evaporated and was replaced with a concerned frown. Obi-Wan shifted in order to glance over his shoulder at the quiet figure who sat staring out at the busy inhabitants of Anchorhead. Always serious, Whie had been even more reticent on the trip to Tatooine. Obi-Wan?s efforts to draw the boy out had been met with resistance, their one attempt at meditation ruined even before it began by Luke?s stubborn wail for food.

"Here are your credits. Luckily for you that model of ship is in high demand around these parts."

His attention shifting to the ship dealer, Obi-Wan offered the little humanoid a grateful smile as he accepted the coins the webbed hand slipped into his.

"Thank you for settling with me so quickly."

The gray-skinned being waved his tha

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Awww Whie doesn't want to have anything to do with the child of the guy who nearly killed him... then again I can understand his hesitation. ;)

Poor Obi :( He feels burden by the two but not all that much at the same time.

Love the innkeeper! :D She's a sweetheart!

Lil Luke hungry, eh? lol kids and their appetites! :D

Great chapter!

8. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    What a great lady! I hope we see lots more of the innkeeper. Another wonderful post, oe.

9. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Awwwwww, so nice of the woman, but I felt for Obi-wan. Like no I don't want the special treatments.

10. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Oh what a sweet innkeeper - I like her. And she keeps calling Obi-Wan handsome. [face_batting]

Poor Whie. I think handing Luke off might be good for him so that he can have some undisturbed time with Obi-Wan. Infants are a handful - and they do eat all the time.

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Well that innkeeper has very, very good taste! [face_batting]

I'm loving this story and I missed an update so I had two WONDERFUL posts to read! =D=

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Poor Whie, I can certainly imagine that he doesn't want to have anything to do with the son of a murderer and traitor. But he will have to get past his anger/depression/fear if he is to grow.

Great description. As always, you have a way of making OCs incredibly vivid.

Looking forward to more.

13. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I loved Ehani! So sweet - to go along with the discussion on the Obi thread, perhaps someone for him to be interested in later? [face_batting] :p The inn sounds like somewhere I'd stay too. Loved the detail you gave to Mos Espa - gave birth to a nasty little bunny, evil one. ;)

More soon? Okay, give me a couple days so I can get caught up on everything else, and then more. :p

14. ithesock

ithesock Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2005
    Oooh. Love little Luke <melts into a puddle of mush> [face_love]

Poor Whie. I wonder how he's going to adjust to calling Obi 'Father'. You have a knack for giving Obi 'sons.' I love that!

Mistress Suk is great. :D. Now I can't wait for the next post. :)

15. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    I'm a bad reviewer. :( I missed the last chapter, but I'm still reading and enjoying it very much.

Aww, Obi-Wan's acting as Whie's father. Something about that fills me with a warm fuzzy feeling. :p I'm really interested to know why Whie is so hesitant about Luke. Maybe another vision?

It's a great story, because I absolutely can't guess where you're going with it and what Whie's role will be in this. Please keep it up. I'm enjoying the story very much. :)

16. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Whie not having anything to do with Luke at this time isn't so much who Luke's father is, I don't think. I think it has to do with everything that has happened to them. He may be Jedi, but he's still a young boy who has witnessed a major atrocity. He may be young but I think Whie knows that Luke, having been born of Anakin, is not his father.

He seemed pleased by the way Obi-Wan approvingly squeezed his shoulder when he corrected the verbal address he used when referring to the Jedi Master. It could be a case of sibling rivalry so to speak. The older sibling being somewhat put off by the arrival of the new addition. I would think that as they get settled and Luke goes to live with Owen and Beru (assuming that is what you have planned) that Whie will settle down a bit as Obi-Wan begins to work with him one on one.

They both have a lot of healing to do and they'll both need each other to do that.

Anyways, that's my two cents. :p I really enjoyed the woman who owned the inn. I think she could become someone that could help Obi-Wan out in the parental area. :) Hope she continues to be a part of things.

17. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    This is so marvelous! It makes sense that Obi-Wan would take on the role of Whie's father, and it seems like the kid likes it - when he remembers it at least. It's too bad he can't keep Luke with him, just think of it, Obi-Wan trying to be a father/master to both boys! It would so explain his older-than-he-is appearance in ANH.

Wonderful writing as always, O_E!

18. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    If I was Whie I wouldn't want to be around Luke either. Babies *shudders*. And the poor kid's universe has been switched black for white. I would think Whie would like some alone time to meditate and sort everything out.

Can't wait for the next part. Wonderful job as always!

19. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Awwww, this is so sweet and engaging...as are all your stories. The innkeeper does have excellent taste, and I like Whie[face_love] so much better than Anakin.

20. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    The inkeeper is amusing. "handsome" hmmmm- how old is she?

21. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Daddy Obi [face_love]

Sibling rivalry? [face_thinking] Awww, that's cute. Dammit! OE, you always make kids sound...not bad. :p

I thought Whie didn't want anything to do with Luke because he was afraid that Luke might pick up on some of his darker sides. Plus, like Bekah said, Whie might just be jealous, too. He's got no one else, while Luke already has Owen and Beru waiting for him.

Poor baby. He shouldn't feel like he's second best. [:D]

22. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    lets get you cleaned up and fed... [face_love] [face_love] Just love Obi-Wan in role of father [face_love] Luke kicking him because he's hungry [face_love] Now I don't think I have any more hearts available to put in this but they are just... [face_love]

Your descriptions are just blowing me away o_e! I think you've swallowed whatever pills LE takes! ;) I feel like the pain of everything is just weighing down too hard on Whie. He definitely needs Obi-Wan right now and Obi-Wan needs him. I just want those two two to bond so badly :) But I also think they have a rough road ahead. Loved it when Whie called him, 'father' even though it was under duress :)

Okay, I was checking in to 'up' this, and found a whole bright new shiny chapter waiting for me :D

More please! :D

23. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Awww, Ehani is so sweet! Nice to see Tatooine has more than just the "scum and villany" of the universe. ;) Poor Whie, holding back from Obi-Wan staying away from Luke, but feeling happier when Obi-Wan acknowledges him. I think it could be like sibling rivalry, or just not quite having accepted Luke as different from his father. It'll be good for them to be away and have time to heal.

Great post! :)

24. Tweets

Tweets Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    *sigh* This story is wonderful, oe!!!

I love how gentle Obi-Wan is with Whie and Luke. :) [face_love]

I swore I wasn't going to read an Obi in the desert story because I'm writing one and I didn't want to confuse my own muse, but curiosity got the better of me. :D

Now I'm hooked. *sigh*

25. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Kynstar Whie?s reasons for shying away from Luke are complex. :(

Koori Ehani may pop up from time to time. ;)

Ob-wan-shawa It seemed like something Obi would do. Try to refuse special treatment. [face_love]

Noi Handing Luke off may be difficult for Obi, but I agree that it will help Whie in his recovery. :(

VaderLVR She?s no fool, Ehani! [face_batting]

Diane Poor Whie will have some nasty obstacles in his way. Glad you all liked Ehani. [face_blush]

Shaindl I?m not sure Ehani will interest Obi in that way. [face_mischief] You need to do something with that bunny.

Ithesock I do have a thing about making Obi a surrogate father don?t I? :p

Indra It's a great story, because I absolutely can't guess where you're going with it and what Whie's role will be in this.

Me either! [face_laugh]

Bekah Sibling rivalry [face_thinking]

Shadowolf I don?t think even the fabulous Obi can handle raising two boys. [face_chicken]

Birdy He has had a tough time. [:D]

Honour So much better than Anakin hum? :p Lovely to see you here.

PK You get an idea of how old she is today. [face_mischief]

Jade Amazing considering I don?t care for the little buggers hum? o_O

TS Aw! Thanks. [face_blush] I?m trying hard to do better with the descriptive part of my writing.

JedI_Tigris I agree. Space may be the best thing for these three right now. :)

Tweets I think I know you. [face_thinking] This Obi in the desert story is much different from canon. He has a friend to keep him company here.

Chapter Five

He was on Vjun again with Scout and Master Yoda. Master Obi-Wan and Master Anakin had swept in to save the day once again. Seeing the Chosen One so close after his brush with the Darkside, Whie was compelled to throw himself against the black clothed Jedi. Words spilled from his lips, thanking Master Anakin for not killing him. The blue eyes sparkled with bemusement, gloved hand tousling his spiked hair in affection. The deep voice teased him about needing to be checked for a head injury.

And then he was falling, the fall a warning that he was going from happier times to horror. Wind rushed past his ears, his hands desperately clawing the air in a hopeless attempt to find something of substance that would halt the downward plunge. Even before his feet made contact with solid ground once again, he knew what awaited him.

He was in the Temple, in the midst of the battle that had stolen his life. He stood and watched in horror as friends, family were slaughtered around him. He could hear their voices whisper to him through the Force, their hollowed, lifeless eyes staring at him accusingly.

{You failed. Once again you failed us.}

A strangled sob caught in his throat when a hand suddenly clamped around his ankle in a vise-like grip. Afraid to move, his eyes slowly lowered to find a vision that tore what remained of his heart from his chest. Scout stared up at him from a bloodless face, her mouth twisted in a gruesome caricature of her once impish smile. Her words were garbled enough that he was forced to lean closer in order to decipher them.

{He let you go. But not forever. One day. One day you?ll face him again. He?s biding his time, Whie.}

He fought to free himself from the abomination, the heel of his planted foot slipping out from beneath him. Arms windmilling in a vain attempt to right himself, he soon found himself falling backwards, spiraling head first toward a great yawning chasm of inky blackness. Drawing on the Force, he was able to contort his body in mid-air, righting himself once again.

As he plummeted in a free-fall, he began to notice a disturbing change in the Force currents. Instead of the bright, pure, spring that normally welled in every cell of his body, h

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.