main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Price of Courage- AU- Obi-Wan/Whie/Luke Updated 4/20!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    Poor, poor Whie. I think it's going to take awhile for him to get beyond his nightmares. :( Obi-Wan is going to have many a sleepless night.

Love baby Luke. [face_love]

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 3 - Sweet descriptions of OBi-Wan looking down at his tiny charge. :D It had been an almost exuberant Whie who?d thrown his arms around Anakin, declaring how happy he was the Knight hadn?t come to kill him. At the time, they?d all been bemused by the boy?s odd greeting. .. oh... that leaves a rather large ache in my chest.

CH. 4 - Fingering his beard,.. couldn't help but notice that. :D :D A stubborn glint entered Ehani?s green eyes as she folded her arms over her chest. "Sorry, handsome, this is the only room I have prepared at the moment. Take it or leave it." Ha!! I like this woman!

Ch. 5 - Scary dream, poor Whie. Yikes, using the Force to open the door is a bad habit to keep. Awww, but here comes landlady to help out poor handsome. :D :D

3. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Definitely poor Whie. But Obi-Wan's so adorable with him. I wonder if Whie was having another vision or if it was just his fear of turning that keeps bringing up those nightmares. Great chapter once again. I want more! :D

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, poor Whie. That nightmare seems to have morphed from guilt at being a survivor while others did not to something more sinister. I'm betting that the last part was a vision of the future. And Whie's visions always come true, don't they?

Great job with the description and the way you took us into the dream and out again. Lovely.

5. honour

honour Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Poor, poor Whie!![face_worried]:_|[:D] Obi-Wan has his hands full literally and figuratively, but, at the very least, he is resilient and resourceful.... Yes, Whie [:D] is a definite improvement over that other:p guy.

6. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Left alone, Obi-Wan sat down on the side of his bed with Luke still cradled in his arms. His gaze rested on what little he could make out of the back of Whie?s head.

He remained that way the remainder of the evening. Holding the boy's dark dreams at bay.

What a beautiful, heartbreaking scene you've described, o_e. :_|

7. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    :_| Aw, Whie!!!!! Someone give the boy a hug.

8. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Why do you have to be so mean to Whie! No no future dreams, I don't want him to be dying and fighting and being turned with Vader. Oh and Luke is awsome.

9. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Oh, o_e Wonderful eerie post! =D= That nightmare was just so devestating and just held me. Another premonition and Whie doesn't want to worry Obi-Wan with it. :_| Vader was truly terrifying with only the breathing in the dark. I just want to hug him. And Obi-Wan sitting at the side of his bed, keeping the nightmares away [face_love] He is just wonderful with little Luke and Whie [face_love]

And I'm really glad Elahi (oooh, I mangled that didn't I?) is there for him. I really like her, and that look of empathy [face_love] I'm sure that was terrifying for little Luke too, I'm sure he can sense Whie's fear on many levels.

I just love picturing Obi-Wan with his two charges, deep into the night, keeping them both safe [face_love] [face_love]

I'm loving this story! :D

More please :D

10. Master_Noi

Master_Noi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    He remained that way the remainder of the evening. Holding the boy's dark dreams at bay.
    I am loving Obi-Wan in this. [face_love]

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I finally finished the book, so know I understand poor Whie's nightmare

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Such horrible dreams (visions?) for poor Whie! He should talk to Obi-Wan, so he doesn't feel so alone. Love Obi-wan in this! Watching over Whie and Luke. [face_love]

13. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Poor Whie! He was such a great character in DR, and you've certainly brought him to vivid life here. =D= Obi-Wan is so touching in his protective role, but he always was. [face_love]

14. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Dammit all to hell. You're right. I don't deserve a reply from you. Sorry. [face_blush]

Poor little Whie. Will he ever be okay? Scout's message was creepy - I hope she's lying and he doesn't have to face Vader at some point. I like him too much for that to happen. I like Ehani a lot (even if she does have a five letter name ;)). Great job! [:D]

15. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002

Haha! Witch! :D

16. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Just thought I'd delurk to tell you this story is wonderful, and fills me with the same sort of warm fuzzy feeling I get when I see my three year old nephew in the Jedi robes I made for him.

Thanks a lot, I'll just go back to lurking now.

May the Force be with you.

~Padawan Jodie-Wan Darksaber ;) ~

PS: Loving Whie and Little Luke, and you write Obi-Wan brilliantly.

17. Kylie_Jinn

Kylie_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Left alone, Obi-Wan sat down on the side of his bed with Luke still cradled in his arms. His gaze rested on what little he could make out of the back of Whie?s head.

He stayed that way the remainder of the evening. Holding the boy's dark dreams at bay.

This is great, and I love the idea of poor Obi-Wan having to be in charge of Whie and Luke.I love the above part; it's so poignant and...endearing. Poor, poor Obi.

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Holy crap, OE! That was amazing! :eek: Everything in italics was creepy and wonderfully disturbing.

It illuminated the angular lines of a black shiny mask from which tinted lenses projected the burning spirals of the Jedi Temple.

My favorite part. :D

I still think that Whie kind of looked up to Anakin after that DR scene. :( :_|

19. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Jedikma I?m not sure these nightmares are something he?ll outgrow. Poor kid may be stuck with them. :(

Leona Caught up! Yay! :D Ehani is a sharp cookie so I?m sure the little door trick didn?t escape her notice.

Indra Whie?s visions are usually a warning of things to come. [face_worried]

Diane Great job with the description and the way you took us into the dream and out again. Lovely.

Thank you. [face_blush] I enjoyed writing that scene.

Honour Poor Anakin. Just can?t get a break with you can he? ;)

LE Thanks dear. One day I may be almost as good as you at those scenes. :)

Koori He?s a sweetie. I adore him. [face_love]

Ob-wan-shawa I didn?t give him the bad dreams. And I really do like the kid. :D

TS Luke was able to sense the disturbance in the Force caused by Whie?s dream. Smart girl! :p

Noi Good! I worry as I write this Obi. [face_worried]

PK Did you like the book? :D

JedI_Tigris Hopefully Obi is able to break through those walls and help Whie. :(

AnakinsHeir He was such a great character in DR, and you've certainly brought him to vivid life here.

Thank you! I?m trying hard to keep him true to his book counterpart. [face_batting]

Shaindl Hope all you want! [face_mischief]

Darksaber Welcome and thank you for delurking! Hope you do so again. :)

Kylie_Jinn Welcome! Love seeing new faces. Obi just can?t escape those responsibilities can he? :(

Jade You?re back! :D Whie has to explore his feelings about Anakin in the near future.

Working on the new posty. :)

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I missed a post??? YIKES!

Your Obi-Wan is perfection, as always! And can I just say again how wonderful it is to know that Whie survived. Because he did, see he's right here in this story! :p

Lovely!

21. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh tense chapter! Poor Whie :( what a nightmare! Glad Obi could keep the dreams at bay for the rest of the night.

Luke sensed the disturbance too, poor baby :(

Great job! :D

22. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    [face_whistling]

When is that evil beta-reader of yours going to return the next post?

*taps foot impatiently* :p

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    VL I believe the same thing. Like Xan, Whie?s death was just a bad dream. O:)

Kyn Obi tried to keep the dreams at bay. Not sure how successful he was. :(

KMA Evil Shaindl... er... I mean the lovely Shaindl came through for me again. [:D]

Chapter Six

Whie busied his mind by concentrating on loading their supplies onto the eopies? backs. He tuned out the coarse conversation going on between the cantina employees who sat nearby smoking something that had a decidedly noxious aroma to it. Scrunching his nose as the order reached him, a lightheaded feeling followed in its wake. Tightening the straps, he urged the beasts to their feet with a firm but gentle hand, leading them around to the front of the inn.

As Master Obi-Wan had yet to exit the establishment, Whie tied the mounts to a post and took a seat on one of the benches built on either side of the entryway. Shoulders hunching, he allowed his exhaustion to briefly reassert itself. Last nights nightmare had shaken him more than he cared to admit, the black-masked specter haunting him even in the waking hours. Something about that figure had struck a chord in his consciousness, warning him of a familiarity not far below the surface. Each time he?d tried to grasp the thought, however, it slipped through his fingers like mist on the wind.

So engrossed in his thoughts, he failed to hear the door open behind him. Obi-Wan?s voice had him jumping in surprise, his startled gaze lifting to meet the Jedi Master?s tired eyes.

"Thank you for readying everything. Could you do me another favor?"

Whie was on his feet even before the last word left Obi-Wan?s lips. "Of course."

Obi-Wan gestured toward the bundle that rested against his shoulder. "Could you hold Luke while I settle with our hostess?"

Whie?s eyes widened almost comically as they flew up toward the squirming baby. Obi-Wan remained silent as he waited to see how the boy would respond to the request. It gave him an opportunity to note the dark circles that hung under Whie?s eyes, and the drawn cast to his pale face. The nightmare had obviously continued to haunt the boy?s dreams throughout the night, regardless of Obi-Wan?s vigilant protection.

When Whie finally nodded with reluctance, Obi-Wan quickly moved forward to lay the baby against the boy?s chest. When Whie remained rigid, arms straight at his sides, Obi-Wan shot him a raised eyebrow. Flushing, the boy lifted his hands and awkwardly held Luke in place while the Jedi Master adjusted the straps that would hold the sling in place. Task accomplished, Obi-Wan stepped back and offered his young charge an encouraging smile.

"I won?t be long. He likes to be talked to and to be in motion so you may want to walk with him." With that advice, he turned and re-entered the inn.

Left alone with the wiggling bundle, Whie began to walk back and forth in front of the inn, grimacing as he felt drool slide down the neckline of his tunic. The baby?s head bobbed awkwardly on his neck, bow-shaped lips puckering as odd chuffing noises issued from between them. Turning his head, the boy?s nose pressed against the side of the baby?s head, the sweet smell of a newborn filling his senses. It brought a feeling of peace and comfort that had been sorely lacking from Whie?s life for too long. Without even realizing it, his arms relaxed as they held the small body closer.

Inside the inn, Obi-Wan accepted the small pouch Ehani pressed into his hands. Her pale brown eyes gleamed with worry as she glanced out the window to where Whie walked with the baby.

"I packed you something to eat along the way. There aren?t many safe places where you can stop between here and your destination." Turning back to meet his gaze, she frowned unhappily. "I don?t like the thought of you taking those dear boys into the middle of nowhere. That?s Sandpeople territory you know?"

"We?ll be fine," Obi-Wan assured her as he took several credits from a compartment on his utility belt. "How

24. Jedikma

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful chapter, oe!

I like that Whie is taking to Luke, if just a little. (That fresh baby smell will get to you every time. :p )

That was sad Whie remembering his freinds when he saw the kids playing. :(

As usual, Obi-Wan was wonderful. :)

25. Koori

Koori Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Wohoo! An update! Aw, Whie and Luke are bonding! I'm glad Whie is starting to open up. I hope it continues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.