side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    Has anyone else seen this movie? I believe they filmed it on a budget of $7,000 but the only time it ever felt cheap at all were a few shots where they didn't use 35mm film. It is basically the story of two scientists discovering time travel on accident and they do it via the means of a box. They can only go back to when they first turn the box on, and through the use of multiple boxes and their revisions to previous timelines and changes made by future timelines, becomes the most hard to follow sequence of events I have ever seen. I thought I was mostly following along fairly well until the last 15 minutes of the movie. I think you could watch it 10 times and still not fully understand. I was reading through this timeline chart, but it isn't the only one and there are quite of few things that are open to debate.

[image=http://deckardpl.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/primer_timeline.jpg]

If you have Netflix it is available to watch instantly, and despite the fact this was the first movie in a long time where towards the end I had to admit to myself that I had gotten lost, it was actually really good.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Yeah, the last 20 minutes or so really don't make much sense.
    The movie works more as a tribute to the pioneer garage inventors of the 70s and 80s.
    As a time-travel movie, it is mostly good until the climax/denumont.
    The ending is pretty funny.

3. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    I saw the movie just because of this. No, really.
    All the tech-jargon early on was enough to give me trouble understanding stuff (remember, I'm German), but it helped that I had a general idea what it's about. Luckily it was easy enough to understand how the time travel worked in principle - the result, not so much ;)
    But I kinda liked it that way. I don't have a desire to make sense of the gazillion timelines. For me the movie said "time travel ****s things up" and that's what made sense about it - because it started getting *'d up real quick. The bit with the recorded conversations was a great detail and a much better use of future knowledge than your old self warning you about the end of the world or whatever.

And then there was the very last bit with one of them building a huge box/room. That was what he was trying to do, right?

4. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Yes, that was what they were trying to do.

Gruessen aus California

5. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I actually heard about this only a couple weeks ago and have been meaning to watch it. Sounds like I'll at least be occupied. :p

6. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    I like that graph, but it should be noted that at the end of the movie there are clearly multiple copies and thus more question marks than where the original three end up. In fact you could replace most of the graph with just a bunch of question marks. :p

7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I rented this once and enjoyed it. The last 20 mins or so REALLY made my head hurt though.

8. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    See Pi also.

9. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Well I watched it, and I liked what I saw, but I really still can't tell you what it was. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.